Table of Contents
|Dr. Mundo – The Madman of Zaun|
|Secondary Bar||–||IP / RP||1350 / 585|
Dr. Mundo regenerates 0.3% maximum health each second.
(Target Range: 975, Collision Radius: 30, Speed: 1850, Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Health, Cooldown: 4, Magic Damage: 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% of target’s current health, Maximum Non-Champion Damage: 300/350/400/450/500, Minimum Damage: 80/130/180/230/280)Dr. Mundo hurls his cleaver, dealing damage equal to a portion of his target’s current Health and slowing them for a short time. Dr. Mundo delights in the suffering of others, so he is returned half of the Health cost when he successfully lands a cleaver (increased to the full Health cost on killing blows).Dr. Mundo hurls his cleaver, dealing magic damage equal to 15/17.5/20/22.5/25% of the target’s current Health and slowing them by 40% for 2 seconds. 80/130/180/230/280 damage minimum, max 300/350/400/450/500 damage to Monsters.Half of the Health cost is refunded if the cleaver hits an enemy. The full Health cost is refunded if the cleaver kills an enemy.
(Effect Radius: 162.5, Cost: 10/15/20/25/30 Health Per Second, Cooldown: 4, Magic Damage Per Half-Second: 20/27.5/35/42.5/50(+10% AP), Crowd Control Reduction: 10/15/20/25/30%)Dr. Mundo drains his Health to reduce the duration of disables and deal continual damage to nearby enemies.Dr. Mundo deals 35/50/65/80/95 magic damage to nearby enemies per second, and reduces the duration of disables on Dr. Mundo by 10/15/20/25/30%.
(Cost: 25/35/45/55/65 Health, Cooldown: 6, Bonus Physical Damage: 3/3.5/4/4.5/5% maximum health, Mininum Bonus AD: 30/50/70/90/110, Maximum Bonus AD: 60/100/140/180/220)Masochism deals bonus damage on Dr. Mundo’s next basic attack and increases Attack Damage by a flat amount for 5 seconds. In addition, Dr. Mundo also gains an additional amount of Attack Damage for each percentage of Health he is missing.Dr. Mundo deals an additional physical damage (3/3.5000000000000004/4/4.5/5% of max health) on his next basic attack and gains 30/50/70/90/110 Attack Damage for 5 seconds. Dr. Mundo gains an additional +0.3/0.5/0.7/0.9/1.1 Attack Damage for each percent of his Health he is missing.
Cost: 20% of Current Health, Cooldown: 100/85/70, Regeneration Per Second: 3.3/4.2/5% maximum health, Total Regeneration: 40/50/60% maximum health, Bonus Movement Speed: 15/25/35%)Dr. Mundo sacrifices a portion of his Health for increased Movement Speed and drastically increased Health Regeneration.Dr. Mundo regenerates 0 Health (40/50/60% of max health) over 12 seconds. Additionally, he gains 15/25/35% movement speed during this time.
- Dr. Mundo’s (Q) Infected Cleaver is his main engage and harass tool. Try to use it as much as possible in harassing your matchup in lane. It can also be used to last hit minions from afar if you are having a hard time last hitting minions with your auto-attack.
- Dr. Mundo has the best health regeneration in the game due to his passive Adrenaline Rush. Use this to your advantage and try to out sustain your matchup in lane.
- Positioning is very important when playing Dr. Mundo. His (W) Burning Agony with (E) Masochism can be fatal for opponents who are close to him.
- Having low health in team fights may actually be effective with Mundo, as his (E) Masochism gives you an additional attack damage for each missing percentage health.
- Try baiting your enemy by intentionally fighting with low health. When you are at about 30-40% health, activate your (R) Sadism to regenerate your health and increase your movement speed drastically.
- This is, however, not applicable to all situations with champions who have high burst damage and quick executes like Garen and Darius.
Runes & Masteries
Ghost fits perfectly with Dr. Mundo’s kit. the extra movement speed of (R) Sadism stacks well with Ghost, allowing you to either catch your enemies or disengage in a team fight with ease.
|Doran’s Shield||Health Potion||Warding Totem|
|Sunfire Cape||Ninja Tabi||Spirit Visage|
Sunfire Cape – Sunfire Cape gives Mundo the extra clearing power in the laning phase since he doesn’t have much damage in the early game. This item also stack with (W) Burning Agony, making Mundo a pain when he is close to you.
Ninja Tabi – Ninja Tabi allows Mundo to get less damage from basic attacks.
Spirit Visage – Spirit Visage increases Mundo’s healing power. Since his kit is based around his overall health and regeneration, this item is a must for Dr. Mundo.
|Sunfire Cape||Ninja Tabi||Spirit Visage|
|Warmog’s Armor||Dead Man’s Plate||Gargoyle Stoneplate|
Warmog’s Armor – Warmog’s Armor increases Mundo’s health and health regeneration. He will be very hard to kill especially if he has 3k health or more since his regeneration will be off the charts.
Dead Man’s Plate – Dead Man’s Plate gives Mundo health, armor, and a movement speed increase with the passive. This item makes him very fast when chasing enemies. This item also stacks with (R) Sadism, making Mundo very mobile in team fights and disengages.
Gargoyle Stoneplate – This item makes it more harder for the enemies to gank and deal with Dr. Mundo. The active and passive on this item makes him a walking brick wall with how it increases his overall defensive stats. The active is also based on his health, making the item a good pick up.
|Adaptive Helm||Randuin’s Omen||Thornmail|
Thornmail – Build Thornmail when the team composition of the enemy are AD champions. Build Banshee’s Veil if most of them are AP champions.
Adaptive Helm – Adaptive helm is a great purchase if the enemy team composition has a magic damage spammer and/or damage overtime AP champions.
Randuin’s Omen – This item is a good substitute for Dead Man’s Plate if the enemy has a lot of mobility and escapes. This is also a good team fight item if you wish to have a more team-oriented playstyle unlike Dead Man’s Plate where the passive only benefits you.
|Hunter’s Machete||Health Potion||Warding Totem|
|Skirmisher’s Sabre: Cinderhulk||Spirit Visage||Mercury’s Treads|
Skirmishers Sabre: Cinderhulk – This item serves as your Sunfire Cape as a jungler. This is the best choice among the other enchantments since he doesn’t scale with damage, attack speed, or ability power.
Mercury’s Treads – Mercury’s Treads is vital when jungling as Dr. Mundo since he has little to no gap closer and this item gives him a better chance to catch up on enemies.
|Skirmisher’s Sabre – Cinderhulk||Spirit Visage||Warmog’s Armor|
|Dead Man’s Plate||Randuin’s Omen||Mercury’s Treads|
- When playing a scaling champion against Dr. Mundo, your priority must be to farm and deny him creep score. Harassing him will be useless because he will just regenerate through his passive Adrenaline Rush.
- You must always try to avoid Dr. Mundo’s (Q) Infected Cleaver. He loses health when he doesn’t land his cleaver, giving you a small advantage when laning against him.
- Stay away from Dr. Mundo if he activates his (W) Burning Agony.
- Take caution when facing a low health Dr. Mundo. His (E) Masochism makes him stronger when he has low health. He can also activate his ultimate (R) Sadism and quickly regenerate his health.
- Just like in all tanky champions, never focus on Mundo during team fights. It will give the opposing team ample time to finish your team off one by one.
- Olaf – Olaf is only one of the few who can face a Dr. Mundo head on. His Reckless Swing provides true damage, ignoring armor and magic resistance. He can also outsustain a Mundo with Vicious Strikes, which gives Olaf lifesteal and increased healing based on missing health.
- Trundle – Trundle’s ultimate Subjugate can shed Dr. Mundo’s primary attribute which is health and armor, making you extremely vulnerable in fights.
- Darius – His Hemmorage may counteract your passive Sadism in full stacks. Darius’ Noxian Guillotine can also execute you, especially if you have max stacks of hemorrhage and a fairly low health.