Table of Contents
|Galio – The Colossus|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP / RP||3150 / 790|
(Effect Radius: 75, Static Cooldown: 8)INNATE: Galio’s next basic attack is periodically modified to deal 12 – 80 (based on level) (+ 100% AD) (+ 40% AP) (+ 40% bonus magic resistance) total magic damage to its target and all enemies around it.Colossal Smash’s cooldown is reduced by 4 seconds every time Galio hits a new enemy champion with an ability.
|Winds of War
(Target Range: 825, Effect Radius: 150, Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 Mana, Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6, Gust Magic Damage: 50/80/110/140/170(+75% AP), Tornado Magic Damage Per Half-Second: 10/13.3/16.7/20/23.3(+20% AP) (+3% of target’s maximum health), Total Tornado Magic Damage: 30/40/50/60/ 70(+60% AP) (+6% of target’s maximum health)ACTIVE: Galio fires two windblasts that arc to either side before converging to the target area, dealing magic damage to all enemies they pass through.When the blasts meet, the gusts form a tornado that advances for 1.5 seconds, dealing magic damage every 0.5 seconds to every enemy within, capped at 100 per hit against monsters.
|Shield of Durand
(Effect Radius: 175/350 Cost: 50 Mana, Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12, Shield Strength: 8/11/14/17/20% maximum health, Damage Reduction: 20/25/30/35/40% (+8% per 100 bonus magic resistance per 100 ability power)PASSIVE: First Cast: Galio begins to charge over 2 seconds, slowing himself by 30%, reducing incoming damage and increasing Shield of Durand’s taunt radius over the duration.Second Cast: Galio taunts all nearby enemies for 0.5 – 1.5 (based on charge time) seconds, and refreshes its damage reduction for 2 seconds.
(Target Range: 650, Cost: 50 Mana, Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10, Magic Damage: 100/130/160/190/220 (+ 70% AP) ACTIVE: Galio briefly dashes backwards before charging forward, stopping upon hitting terrain or an enemy champion, dealing magic damage to all enemies hit and knocking them up for 0.75 seconds.
(Target Range: 4000/4750/5500 Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 180/150/120, Allied Damage Reduction: 20/25/30% (+ 8% per 100 bonus magic resistance), Magic Damage: 150/250/350 (+70% AP) ACTIVE: Galio designates the target allied champion’s location at the time of cast as his landing spot, channels for 1.25 seconds, and then dashes to them, reducing the damage they take until he lands.Upon impact, Galio deals magic damage to all nearby enemies and knocks them up for 0.75 seconds, increased to 1.25 seconds at the center of the impact zone.
- During the laning phase, do your best to harass your opposing laner with (Q) Winds of War. Hitting the enemy minion wave with this skills also helps you farm for your items faster.
- If your opponent gets too close, or if you manage to get close to your opponent, hit him with your auto attack to trigger Colossal Smash (passive) and whittle down his health.
- When initiating a team fight, take note where your high priority targets are. Be sure to channel your (W) Shield of Durand and hit as many enemies in order to disable them, and to give an opening for your team to dish out damage.
- You can combo the full channel of (W) Shield of Durand with your Flash Summoner Spell to blink into the enemy team, surprising them and potentially killing their carries.
- During clashes, cast (Q) Winds of War, then follow up with (E) Justice Punch so that you’re positioned deep in the enemy team. Then channel (W) Shield of Durand to taunt enemy champions, effectively disabling them for your team to clean up.
- (E) Justice Punch has a quick wind-up before you punch forward, so keep that in mind when you’re chasing low-health enemies or if you plan on knocking up the opposing carries.
- Cast (R) Hero’s Entrance on your team’s carries or squishes to save them when they are being attacked. It will give them bonus armor and magic resistance, and when you crash down, enemy champions will get damaged and knocked up.
Runes & Masteries
|Refillable Potion||Dark Seal||Warding Totem|
|Righteous Glory||Abyssal Mask||Frozen Heart|
Righteous Glory – Righteous Glory works well with Galio, as it helps him bring the fight to the enemy team even more, while making him somewhat tanky against physical damage. Galio can either activate this item’s skill to boost his team to force a clash, or use it in conjunction with (R) Hero’s Entrance to save a teammate and follow up with his skill combo.
Abyssal Mask – Abyssal Mask helps Galio tank damage from enemy mages. It gives him good Magic Resistance which helps his (W) Shield of Durand gain more shield power, as well as empowers his Colossal Smash (passive).
Frozen Heart – Frozen Heart enables Galio to further soak physical attack damage from enemies. This item gives good armor and cooldown reduction which allows him to cast his skills faster.
|Full Item Build|
|Righteous Glory||Abyssal Mask||Frozen Heart|
|Gargoyle Stoneplate||Adaptive Helm||Ninja Tabi|
Gargoyle Stoneplate – Gargoyle Stoneplate further increases Galio’s ability to soak damage for his team. This item gives Galio bonus armor and magic reduction, and its active skill synergizes well with his (W) Shield of Durand‘s taunt.
Adaptive Helm – Getting Adaptive Helm is good for enemy teams who rely on heavy magic damage. It gives bonus health, magic resistance, cooldown reduction and health regeneration. This item also lessens the effectiveness of skills that opponents spam on Galio, allowing him to soak more damage for his team.
Ninja Tabi – Ninja Tabi is a standard boots upgrade for Galio. Get this if your lane opponent deals physical damage, as this item lessens the damage of auto attacks.
|Thornmail||Iceborn Gauntlet||Mercury’s Treads|
|Rod of Ages|
Thornmail – if your enemy team comprises of physical damage and auto attackers, get Thornmail. This item gives good bonus armor, health and redirects basic attacks Galio receives back to enemies while inflicting them with Grievous Wounds. Thornmail synergizes well with (W) Shield of Durand‘s taunt – if you manage to taunt the enemy team, they’ll get severely damaged.
Iceborn Gauntlet – If you feel that you need more damage, get Iceborn Gauntlet. It has good armor and cooldown reduction stats, and lets Galio spam his skills against enemies and minions, effectively helping him push lanes and harass opponents in lane.
Mercury’s Treads – A good alternative to Ninja Tabi, Mercury’s Treads lessens the duration of crowd control effects on Galio. It also gives decent magic resistance which goes well with his overall kit.
Rod of Ages – Rod of Ages is an item you can get for Galio if you want some scaling for his skills, health and mana. It gives decent health, mana and Ability Power stats which stack up to 10 times over the course of 10 minutes.
- Do your best to avoid Galio’s (Q) Winds of War, as it can deal significant damage, especially in the point of convergence.
- When you see Galio charge up his (W) Shield of Durand, it could mean that his team is setting up a gank. Back away so that you won’t get taunted.
- (E) Justice Punch needs to charge before Galio moves towards a direction. You can dodge this skill to leave him vulnerable for retaliation.
- (E) Justice Punch cannot go through walls and terrain.
- Galio is highly resistant to magic damage, but generally struggles against physical attackers.
- Galio’s (R) Hero’s Entrance can be casted to his allies from a long distance. When you see a marking on the floor, do your best to get away from the zone to avoid being knocked up.
- Zed – Zed can easily harass Galio with Razor Shuriken and Shadow Slash during the laning phase. Once he whittles Galio’s health down enough, he can go in for the kill with Death Mark.
- Yasuo – Yasuo is a mobile laner who can weave in and out of enemy minions with Sweeping Blade to reach Galio and deal damage with Steel Tempest. He can also block Galio’s (Q) Winds of War with his Wind Wall to futher mitigate Galio’s damage output.
- Riven – The resident top lane bully, Riven is extremely mobile and can close in on Galio once she evades his (Q) Winds of War with Broken Wings. She can then burst him down with Ki Burst and Blade of the Exile.
- Talon – Talon has good burst damage whenever he gets close to opponents. He can harass Galio during the laning phase with Rake to diminish Galio’s health. He can then follow up with Noxian Diplomacy and auto attacks to eliminate Galio.