Table of Contents
|Kayle – the Judicator|
INNATE: When Kayle attacks a champion, the target loses 3% Armor and Magic Resist for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
(Target Range: 650, Speed: 1500, Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 Mana, Cooldown: 8)ACTIVE: Blasts an enemy unit with angelic force, dealing damage, slowing Movement Speed, and applying Holy Fervor.
Blasts an enemy, dealing 60/110/160/210/260 (+100% bonus Attack Damage) (+60% Ability Power) magic damage, slowing their Movement Speed by 35/40/45/50/55% for 3 seconds, and applying a stack of Holy Fervor.
(Target Range: 900, Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana, Cooldown: 15) ACTIVE: Blesses a target friendly champion, granting them increased Movement Speed and healing them.
Blesses an allied champion, increasing their Movement Speed by 18/21/24/27/30% (+[7% Ability Power]%) for 3 seconds and healing them for 60/105/150/195/240 (+45% Ability Power) Health.
(Effect Radius: 150, Cost: 45 Mana, Cooldown: 16)PASSIVE: Kayle’s Basic Attacks deal an additional 10/15/20/25/30 (+15% Ability Power) magic damage on hit.
ACTIVE: Kayle increases her Attack Range by 400 for 10 seconds and the passive bonus is increased to 20/30/40/50/60 (+30% Ability Power) magic damage on hit.In addition, enemies near her target take 20/30/40/50/60 (+20/25/30/35/40% Attack Damage) (+30% Ability Power) magic damage on attack.
(Target Range: 900, Cooldown: 100/90/80)ACTIVE: Shields Kayle or an ally for a short time, causing them to be immune to damage.
Bathes Kayle’s target in a holy light, rendering them immune to all damage for 2/2.5/3 seconds.
- During the laning phase, cast (E) Righteous Fury first to make your auto attacks ranged, then combo this with (Q) Reckoning to slow your opponent while you auto attack from a safe distance.
- When you gank a lane or during clashes, try to hit the enemy carry with (Q) Reckoning. It will slow them down and potentially enable you to finish them off.
- When the enemy jungler decides to gank your lane, you may cast (W) Divine Blessing on yourself to gain a movement speed boost and heal a small portion of your health as you go retreat to your tower.
- Cast (W) Diving Blessing on your wounded teammates or your carry to heal them for short amount or assist them in continuing the pressure against the enemy team’s carries.
- Kayle has the potential to carry games, so long as she farms her core items. She gains tremendous damage output once she gets attack speed items, as they complement her Holy Fervor (passive) and (E) Righteous Fury very well.
- Cast (R) Intervention on your team’s carries, especially if they are getting focused by the enemy team. It will make your teammate invulnerable to any damage for a short duration, and allowing your team to counteract your opponent’s advances.
Runes & Masteries
|Doran’s Ring||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation x2||Warding Totem|
|Nashor’s Tooth||Guinsoo’s Rageblade||Lich Bane|
Nashor’s Tooth – Nashor’s Tooth is Kayle’s go-to first item. It gives her bonus attack speed, cooldown reduction and Ability Power stats. This item also empowers her auto attacks with additional on-hit magic damage that synergizes well with Holy Fervor (passive).
Guinsoo’s Rageblade – Kayle’s second offensive item, Guinsoo’s Rageblade good Attack Speed, Attack Damage and Ability Power stats for her. Moreover, it adds additional on-hit magic damage to her auto attacks – this synergizes well with (E) Righteous Fury, as it helps her spread the on-hit damage, armor and magic resistance shred to enemies.
Lich Bane – Lich Bane is Kayle’s last offensive item. It gives her good Ability Power and movement speed stats. Lich Bane also empowers Kayle’s next auto attack after casting a skill; this complements well with (E) Righteous Fury and (Q) Reckoning.
|Full Item Build|
|Nashor’s Tooth||Guinsoo’s Rageblade||Berserker’s Greaves|
|Lich Bane||Void Staff||Rabadon’s Deathcap|
Berserker’s Greaves – Berserker’s Greaves gives Kayle good movement and attack speed stats. It is a standard boots upgrade for champions who rely on dealing on-hit and auto attacks.
Void Staff – Void Staff is a mage item that increases the potency of magic damage. It provides Kayle significant Ability Power, as well as magic penetration. Given that Kayle’s damage with (E) Righteous Fury and (Q) Reckoning scales with Ability Power, having more magic penetration further increases her damage output.
Rabadon’s Deathcap – A standard Ability Power item, Rabadon’s Deathcap significantly increases Kayle’s Ability Power. Moreover, it empowers Kayle’s defensive and offensive skills.
|Ardent Censer||Ionian Boots of Lucidity||Mercury’s Treads|
Ardent Censer – For players who want to play Kayle as Support, one go-to item that she has to have is Ardent Censer. It gives her bonus Ability Power, cooldown reduction and mana regeneration. More importantly, this gives her (W) Divine Blessing an additional attack speed and set lifesteal which is crucial for her team’s ADRs.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Consequently, if you feel that you need to have (E) Righteous Fury always at the ready, you might consider getting Ionian Boots of Lucidity. This boots upgrade gives good movement speed, as well as decent cooldown reduction.
Since Kayle’s damage output is reliant not only on Attack Speed, but also cooldown reduction, having Ionian Boots of Lucidity helps her in this category.
Mercury’s Treads – A very situational boots upgrade, Mercury’s Treads gives Kayle bonus magic resistance, apart from the standard movement speed. Furthermore, it lessens the effectiveness of slows, stuns and other crowd control on Kayle. Get this when your enemy team has high crowd control, or if your opposing laner relies on dealing magic damage.
Redemption – Redemption is another great support item for Kayle. It gives her good mana regeneration, cooldown reduction and health regeneration stats, as well as the ability to heal her team during clashes.
- Kayle is very reliant on farming for her core items. Coordinate with your lane partner to delay her farm as much as you can.
- Kayle thrives when it comes to dealing sustained damage during skirmishes. When she charges at you, take note if she has casted (E) Righteous Fury first. If she does, do not engage her and let (E) Righteous Fury finish.
- If you are forced to duel with Kayle, take note that (W) Divine Blessing gives her bonus movement speed and heals her for a small amount.
- If the enemy Kayle senses that she can take you down, she will get aggressive in-lane. She will often lead with (Q) Reckoning to slow you, then whack you with her ranged auto attacks thanks to (E) Righteous Fury. Do your best to keep your health above half.
- Kayle is susceptible to focus fire during team fights and ganks. Force her to use (R) Intervention on herself to increase the chances of your team to eliminate the enemy carry. If she uses her ultimate on her carry, focus fire her instead.
- Pantheon – Pantheon has strong kill pressure in lane, thanks to his offensive kit. He can poke and harass Kayle with Spear Shot, engage her with Aegis of Zeonia + Heartseeker Strike combo. Moreover, if he manages to whittle Kayle down to low health, his physical attacks gain higher chance of critical strikes – Kayle players needs to be on their toes and have their fingers (W) Divine Blessing and (R) Intervention always at the ready.
- Xin Zhao – Xin Zhao thrives when gets close to enemies. He can easily stick to Kayle with Audacious Charge and deal massive damage with Three Talon Strike.
- Jarvan IV – Jarvan IV is exceptionally tanky and has surprisingly good burst damage, especially when he lands his Demacian Standard + Dragon Strike + empowered auto attack combo with Martial Cadence. He can also trap Kayle with Cataclysm and even tank some damage with Golden Aegis to withstand Kayle’s retaliation.