This page contains a champion character strategy guide for Poppy – the Keeper of the Hammer in League of Legends (LoL), including stats, skills and abilities, rune builds, recommended gear and equipment, and playstyles.
Table of Contents
|Poppy – the Keeper of the Hammer|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP / RP||450 / 260|
(Static Cooldown: 16/13/10)The buckler lands at a nearby location and Poppy can pick it up to gain a shield. Enemies can step on the buckler to destroy it.
(Target Range: 430, Cost: 35/40/45/50/55 Mana, Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5)ACTIVE: Poppy smashes the ground, dealing 35/55/75/95/115 (+80% bonus Attack Damage) plus 7% of the enemies’ maximum Health as physical damage, and leaving an unstable area.The area slows enemies inside it by 20/25/30/35/40% and erupts after 1 second, dealing the initial damage again.
(Effect Radius: 400, Cost: 50 Mana, Cooldown: 24/22/20/18/16)PASSIVE: Poppy gains 0 Armor and 0 Magic Resist (15% of Armor and Magic Resist). This bonus is doubled if Poppy is below 40% Health.ACTIVE: For the next 2.5 seconds, Poppy gains 32/34/36/38/40% Movement Speed. While Steadfast Presence is active, she stops enemy dashes in an area around her, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 (+70% Ability Power) magic damage.
(Target Range: 425, Cost: 70 Mana, Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10)ACTIVE: Poppy tackles an enemy, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+50% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage and carrying them forward. If Poppy carries the target into terrain, the enemy takes 50/70/90/110/130 (+50% bonus Attack Damage) additional physical damage and is stunned for 1.6/1.7/1.8/1.9/2 seconds.
(Target: 1900, Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 140/120/100)First Cast:Poppy channels for up to 4 seconds, slowing herself by 15%.Second Cast: Poppy smashes the ground, emanating a shockwave that deals 200/300/400 (+90% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage to enemies around the first champion hit and knocking them a large distance toward their Summoning Platform. The shockwave length and knockback distance increases with channel duration.Enemies are untargetable while they are being knocked away.
- Poppy in the early stages of the laning phase has strong burst damage potential. With her (Q) Hammer Shock, you can deal a lot of damage plus a percent of the enemy champion’s total health making (Q) Hammer Shock‘s damage good throughout all the stages of the game. Try to use her (Q) Hammer Shock when an enemy champion is going to attempt a last hit as there will be a follow-up damage in the area you hit. This will greatly discourage the enemy in continuing his last hit to avoid the potential damage or if he does, he will be dealt a significant amount of damage.
- Your passive Iron Ambassador allows you to hit your enemy champion from a distance. This does not only give you the ability to poke your enemy, you can also pick your buckler up adding additional health to you.
- Your (W) Steadfast Presence allows you to stop dashes from enemy champions. You can use this to keep your enemy champions away from you if you are at low health, or you can even save your allies from purusing opponents.
- Poppy is a very tanky champion with solid crowd control. Your role in teamfights is to control the movements of the enemy champions. And since she can displace enemy champions very far with her ultimate along with her (E) Heroic Charge that shoves away your enemies, you can peel off a lot of assassins or enemy champions focusing on your squishy allies fairly easily.
- Your ultimate if used correctly can turn the tide around to a 4v5 game since it can displace an enemy champion very far towards their nexus. Be careful when you’re using your ultimate though, as a mistimed used of the ability will result to a supposedly easy kill gone to waste. You can use your ultimate offensively if your allies are deep into your enemy base. You can trigger your ultimate if they are near your base towards your allies.
Runes & Masteries
|Corrupting Potion||Warding Totem|
|Righteous Glory||Knight’s Vow||Gargoyle Stoneplate|
Righteous Glory –
Knight’s Vow –
Gargoyle Stoneplate –
|Full Item Build|
|Mercury’s Treads||Righteous Glory||Knight’s Vow|
|Gargoyle Stoneplate||Iceborn Gauntlet||Randuin’s Omen|
Mercury’s Treads –
Iceborn Gauntlet –
Randuin’s Omen –
|Titanic Hydra||Thornmail||Sterak’s Gage|
Titanic Hydra –
Sterak’s Gage –
- Although poppy has a lot of peeling abilities, she has no self-sustain. This will lead to her being easily harassed by pokes sending her to base fairly quite often or exhausting her health potions.
- Poppy’s skills can also easily be kited as long as you are aware as well on when she is going to cast her skills.
- Buying items that offer armor penetration will help in mitigating poppy’s bonus armor from her (W) Steadfast Presence.