Table of Contents
|Blitzcrank – the Great Steam Golem|
(Static Cooldown: 90)PASSIVE: When Blitzcrank’s life is brought below 20% health, he activates Mana Barrier. This creates a mana shield equal to 50% of his mana for 10 seconds. Mana Barrier can only occur once every 90 seconds.
(Target Range: 925, Speed: 1750, Cost: 100, Mana Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16)ACTIVE: This character fires his right hand to grab an opponent on its path, dealing damage and dragging it back to him.Blitzcrank fires his right hand. If it encounters an enemy unit it will stun them and deal 80/135/190/245/300 (+100% Ability Power) magic damage while he pulls them to himself.
(Cost: 75 mana, Cooldown: 15)ACTIVE: This character super charges himself to get dramatically increased Movement and Attack Speed. He is temporarily slowed after the effect ends.Blitzcrank supercharges himself, gaining 70/75/80/85/90% Movement Speed and 30/38/46/54/62% Attack Speed for 5 seconds. The Movement Speed bonus decays over the duration.When Overdrive ends, Blitzcrank’s Movement Speed is slowed by 30% for 1.5 seconds.
(Cost: 25 Mana, Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5)ACTIVE: This character super charges himself to get dramatically increased Movement and Attack Speed. He is temporarily slowed after the effect ends.Blitzcrank supercharges himself, gaining 70/75/80/85/90% Movement Speed and 30/38/46/54/62% Attack Speed for 5 seconds. The Movement Speed bonus decays over the duration.When Overdrive ends, Blitzcrank’s Movement Speed is slowed by 30% for 1.5 seconds.
(Effect Radius: 600, Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 60/40/20)Passively causes lightning bolts to damage a nearby enemy. Additionally, this character can activate this ability to damage nearby enemies and silence them for 0.5 seconds, but doing so removes the passive lightning until Static Field becomes available again.PASSIVE: Lightning arcs off of Blitzcrank to hit a random nearby enemy for 100/200/300 (+20% Ability Power) magic damage every 2.5 seconds.ACTIVE: Deals 250/375/500 (+100% Ability Power) magic damage and silences surrounding enemy units for 0.5 seconds. The passive is not in effect during the cooldown.
- Position yourself in a safe spot before using (Q) Rocket Grab. In the laning phase, hide in the lane bushes and wait for a perfect time to land a hook.
- Sweeping Lens and Control wards are essential in the laning phase. De-ward the brushes where you will be in as to not give the enemy team an idea on where you are when aiming for a grab.
- If you find it difficult to land a (Q) Rocket Grab, activate your (W) Overdrive and (E) Powerfist the enemy champion. Likewise, if the enemy tries to escape after your (W) Overdrive + (E) Powerfist combo, immediately follow it up with your (Q) Rocket Grab.
- Be careful not to hook frontline champions in a team fight. Always aim to (Q) Rocket Grab squishy champions such as carries or mages.
- Always use (R) Static Field in a fight where there are two or more enemy champions. The AoE silence can make or break a team fight.
Runes & Masteries
|Relic Shield||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation||Warding Totem|
|Face of the Mountain||Sightstone||Locket of the Iron Solari|
|Boots of Speed||Redemption|
Face of the Mountain – This item fills the gap of his lack of healing and shields for his ADC. This item is a must for him since his kit is focused on the offensive side. Moreover, stat-wise, Face of the Mountain gives him good bonus health and cooldown reduction.
Locket of the Iron Solari – Locket of the Iron Solari grants Blitzcrank magic resistance and armor. Furthermore, this item also gives him team presence in fights because of the AoE shield that blocks damage against enemy attacks.
Redemption – Redemption grants Blitzcrank the chance to be aggressive since the heal on Redemption can turn a team fight around. More importantly, this item, like the Locket of Iron Solari, helps a lot in team fights and close calls.
|Face of the Mountain||Ruby Sightstone||Locket of the Iron Solari|
|Boots of Mobility||Redemption||Frozen Heart|
Boots of Mobility – Boots of Mobility makes Blitzcrank very mobile, especially if used with (W) Overdrive. This item is a must for Blitzcrank since he excels at catching enemy champions and peeling for his ADC, and having a lot of movement speed makes these tasks easier.
Frozen Heart – Armor and attack speed reduction are what this item brings for Blitzcrank. This item is very important especially if the enemy ADC relies on attack speed, as it slows the attack speed of enemies. Furthermore, this item also grants armor mana, and cooldown reduction.
|Iceborn Gauntlet||Mikael’s Crucible||Zeke’s Convergence|
Iceborn Gauntlets – Substitute this with Frozen Heart if you are far ahead in the game. This item adds more dynamic to your skills instead of Frozen Heart which only gives you an aura that slows enemies attack speed.
Mikael’s Crucible – Mikael’s Crucible is a great item if your ADC is always getting CC’d. This also gives you more mana regeneration and cooldown reduction which can help you spam your (Q) Rocket Grab.
Zeke’s Convergence – This item gives a huge steroid to your ADC when you are close to them. Get this item if you think the ADC can carry the team.
Righteous Glory – Righteous Glory is such a perfect item for Blitzcrank that it is the core item of some Blitzcrank mains. The huge movement speed active can stack with Blitzcrank’s (W) Overdrive, giving you a reliable engage and disengage advantage.
- First and foremost, hide behind enemy creeps in the laning phase to avoid Blitzcrank’s (Q) Rocket Grab.
- Place wards in the surrounding bushes in the Laning Phase. Blitzcrank usually hides in these bushes to wait for the perfect opportunity for a (Q) Rocket Grab.
- Blitzcrank heavily relies on his (Q) Rocket Grab + (E) Powerfist + (R) Static Field combo. If he misses a Rocket Grab and/or a Static Field, it may be the perfect chance to fight and take advantage.
- Build Banshee’s Veil or Edge of Night to negate Blitzcrank’s (Q) Rocket Grab or (E) Powerfist.
- Blitzcrank also has a particularly low (E) Powerfist cooldown. Beware of heavy crowd control from him in team fights.
- Morgana – Morgana’s Black Shield can block Blitzcrank’s (Q) Rocket Grab. Also, Morgana’s skills forces Blitzcrank to move, hindering his chances to properly position himself in the laning phase. For instance, Tormented Soil deals damage-over-time the longer enemies are in its circle. Likewise, Dark Binding roots Blitzcrank in place, leaving him open to enemy damage.
- Leona – Leona is a tank champion that excels when she is near enemies. If Blitzcrank hooks Leona, chances are Leona will go straight to your ADC and fight back, or she’ll stun him while her ADC damages you from a safe distance. Moreover, Leona is a very aggressive support and Blitzcrank doesn’t really do that much against her when she brings the fight alongside her ADC.
- Sivir – Sivir’s Spell Shield blocks Blitzcrank’s (Q) Rocket Grab and (E) Power Fist. Her ultimate also causes her to gain and her allies movement speed which can outrun Blitzcrank’s Overdrive.