Table of Contents
|Janna – the Storm’s Fury|
(Effect Radius: 1250)– Increases the Movement Speed of Janna and all allied champions moving towards Janna by 8%.Janna’s basic attacks and single-target spells deal bonus magic damage equal to 35% of her bonus movement speed
| Howling Gale
(Target Range: 1000 – 1750, based on charge time, Collision Radius: 60, Cost: 60/80/100/120/140 mana, Cooldown: 12)
ACTIVE: By creating a localized change in pressure and temperature, Janna is able to create a small storm that grows in size with time. She can activate the spell again to release the storm. On release this storm will fly towards the direction it was cast in, dealing damage and knocking away any enemies in its path.
Summons a whirlwind, which deals 60/85/110/135/160 (+35% Ability Power) magic damage to enemies in its path and knocks them into the air for 0.5 seconds.The whirlwind can be charged for up to 3 seconds. For each second it charges, it deals 15/20/25/30/35 (+10% Ability Power) bonus damage, knocks up for an additional 0.25 seconds, and travels 35% further.Activate again to release the whirlwind early.
(Target Range: 550, Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, Cooldown: 8) – Janna summons an air elemental that passively increases her Movement Speed and enables her to pass through units. She may also activate this ability to deal damage and slow an enemy’s Movement Speed. The passive is lost while this ability is on cooldown.
PASSIVE: Increases Movement Speed by 6/7/8/9/10% (+[2% Ability Power]%) and allows movement through units.
ACTIVE: Deals 60/115/170/225/280 (+50% Ability Power) magic damage to an enemy and slows their Movement Speed by 24/28/32/36/40% (+[6% Ability Power]%) for 2 seconds. Passive benefit is lost while Zephyr is on cooldown.
| Eye of the Storm
(Target Range: 800, Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana, Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10) – ACTIVE: Janna conjures a defensive gale that shields an ally champion or turret from incoming damage and increases their Attack Damage.
Shields an allied Champion or turret for 5 seconds. The shield absorbs up to 80/120/160/200/240 (+70% Ability Power) damage and grants 10/17.5/25/32.5/40 (+10% Ability Power) Attack Damage until it breaks.
(Effect Radius: 725, Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 150/135/120)
Janna surrounds herself in a magical storm, throwing enemies back. After the storm has settled, soothing winds heal nearby allies while the ability is active.
- Janna excels in protecting and shielding teammates and carries. Use her (E) Eye of the Storm to shield your team’s carries to keep them alive during the laning phase and clashes.
- (E) Eye of the Storm also bolsters an ADC’s damage output apart from providing a shield from enemy damage.
- You can also use (E) Eye of the Storm to shield allied turrets against enemy damage.
- (Q) Howling Gale has offensive and defensive uses – Janna can protect her lane partners against gap-closers and ganks with a well-timed cast; she can also cast (Q) Howling Gale to knock up enemies to set up her team’s allies for ganks or to provide further crowd control during clashes.
- Cast (W) Zephyr to slow high priority targets such as enemy carries to give your team a better chance to eliminate the threat.
- Cast (R) Monsoon during clashes if your team needs to disengage, as it pushes enemy champions back. (R) Monsoon also heals allied champions, giving your team a chance to regroup and assess whether to re-engage or pull back during team fights.
Runes & Masteries
|Starter Items 1|
|Ancient Coin||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation x3||Warding Totem|
|Starter Items 2|
|Spellthief’s Edge||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation x3||Warding Totem|
|Eye of the Oasis||Ardent Censer||Ionian Boots of Lucidity|
Eye of the Oasis – This item builds out of Sightstone and Nomad’s Medallion. It combines the two aforementioned items and provides Janna with bonus Health, health regeneration, and the ability to place wards on the map for vision. Its item passive also enables her to gain gold and replenish her mana while in-lane, bolstering her presence and assist her lane partners and teammates during clashes.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity – This boots upgrade greatly enhances her potency to provide shielding and crowd control during clashes. It provides decent cooldown reduction and movement speed bonuses, giving her the ability to move around the battlefield to time her skills accordingly.
Ardent Censer – This item increases the potency of her (E) Eye of the Storm as it adds bonus attack speed to the champions you shield, as well as a bonus on-hit magic damage that heals for the same amount.
Redemption – This item gives Janna another item to heal her teammates during clashes. It also provides bonus Health, as well as health and mana regeneration and cooldown reduction.
Full Item Build
|Full Item Build|
|Eye of the Oasis||Ionian Boots of Lucidity||Ardent Censer|
|Redemption||Locket of the Iron Solari||Mikael’s Crucible|
Locket of the Iron Solari – This item bolsters Janna’s armor and magic resistance. It also gives her area-of-effect shielding for her teams during team fights.
Mikael’s Crucible – This item provides Janna the ability to aid her team carry by casting its active item spell on them that instantly removes enemy crowd controls such as Stuns, Fears, Roots, Taunts, Silences and Slows. This also gives its target additional movement speed.
- Her (E) Eye of the Storm provides decent shielding for her lane partner. During the laning phase, when Janna casts (E) Eye of the Storm on her teammate, back away from their team until it dissipates.
- Do your best to poke Janna or her lane partner to force her to use (E) Eye of the Storm early.
- Avoid being in the path of Janna’s (Q) Howling Gale – it has the possibility to hit multiple enemies and leaving your team at a disadvantage.
- Be wary of going all-in against Janna and her team – (R) Monsoon is an effective disengage tool with its knock back, rendering your team scattered, while her team gets healed.
- Have her use (R) Monsoon early during clashes. This enables your team to regroup and eliminate the high-priority targets.
- The healing portion of Janna’s (R) Monsoon can be interrupted with hard Crowd Control such as Stuns, Fears, and Knock Ups.
- So long as your team can burst her down quickly, you can opt to eliminate or displace Janna early during team fights, as she is susceptible to hard Crowd Controls and focus fire. This pressure more often than not will force her to use her skills earlier than normal.
Sona – She has a mix of good lane poke and lane sustain with her Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance, respectively. Pre-level 6, Janna struggles against pokes, as she can only cast (E) Eye of the Storm on one person in-lane, and usually, her lane partner gets the shield.
Nami – Her Aqua Prison can potentially stun both Janna and her lane partner. Nami’s Ebb and Flow also heals her lane partner and can also hit Janna or her lane partner for decent damage. Nami can also counter Janna’s (Q) Howling Gale or (R) Monsoon by using her Tidal Wave to counter-engage.
Blitzcrank – Janna prefers to provide support for her team at a relatively safe distance, only charging in for a well-timed (R) Monsoon. Blitzcrank counters this by providing strong lane pressure and zoning. His Rocket Grab can pull her into the opposing lane’s area where both Blitzcrank and his lane partner can dish out tremendous damage. He can follow up his Rocket Grab with Power Fist which knocks up Janna, and finishes his combo with Static Field, which damages and silences enemies near Blitzcrank for less than a second.
Thresh – Similar to Blitzcrank, Thresh can hook Janna or her lane partner with Death Sentence, and follow it up with Flay, potentially displacing them and leaving them open to ganks and pokes from the jungler and / or Thresh’s lane partner. Thresh’s ultimate, The Box, also significantly slows down enemies that pass through it, further increasing the likelihood of a successful gank against Janna or her lane partner.
Zyra – Zyra provides excellent poke damage against Janna and her lane partner with her Deadly Spines and Grasping Roots. Grasping Roots can also disable multiple enemies, rending Janna and her lane partner susceptible to more damage from Zyra and her lane partner. Her ultimate, Stranglethorns, can also cancel Janna’s (R) Monsoon, when timed correctly.