Table of Contents
|Syndra – The Dark Sovereign|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP/RP||4800 / 880|
Spells gain extra effects at max rank.
Dark Sphere: Sphere’s lifetime is increased to 8 seconds.
Force of Will: Grabs 2 additional spheres near the target
Scatter the Weak: Spell width increased by 50%.
Unleashed Power: Range increased by 75.
(Target Range: 800, Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 Mana, Cooldown: 4)
ACTIVE: Conjures a Dark Sphere dealing 50/95/140/185/230 (+75% Ability Power) magic damage. The sphere remains for 0 seconds and can be manipulated by Syndra’s other abilities.This spell can be cast while moving.
||Force of Will
(Target Range: 925/950, Effect Radius: 225, Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 Mana, Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8) FIRST CAST: Grabs target Dark Sphere or enemy minion. If no target is selected, grabs nearest Dark Sphere.SECOND CAST: Throws all grabbed units. Enemies hit take 80/120/160/200/240 (+80% Ability Power) magic damage and are slowed by 25/30/35/40/45% for 1.5 seconds.This spell can be cast while moving.
|Scatter the Weak
(Cost: 50 Mana, Cooldown: 6)
ACTIVE: Knocks enemies and Dark Spheres back dealing 70/115/160/205/250 (+50% Ability Power) magic damage to them and any enemies they collide with.Dark Spheres that are knocked back stun all enemies in their path for 1.5 seconds.
(Target Range: 675/750, Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 120/100/80) ACTIVE: Draws upon Syndra’s full cataclysmic power, harnessing Dark Spheres to deal magic damage to target enemy Champion. Unleashed Power manipulates the three Dark Spheres orbiting Syndra, in addition to up to 4 Dark Spheres previously created.Damage per sphere: 90/135/180 (+20% Ability Power).
Minimum total damage: 270/405/540 (+60% Ability Power).
- You are very weak in the early phases of the game so just try to focus on your farm and gaining levels. Once you unlock all of your basic skills and slowly level them up, you will now be able to start harassing your enemy. Try maxing your (Q) Dark Sphere first since this will be your main source of poke and wave clearing spell.
- Your ultimate, (R) Unleashed Power‘s cooldown is very short compared to other ultimate abilities with high damage capabilities. You can utilize this by abusing all of your skills without trying to save your ultimate because of its low cooldown.
- Syndra’s skills are AOE so try to be careful even if your purpose was just to harass your enemy as you can push the minion wave fairly easily leaving the minions closer in your opponent’s turret. This will hinder your last hitting because you will be constantly conscious of your enemy harassing you since he can safely retreat under his own turret if you try to strike back.
- Since you are very immobile, your (E) Scatter the Weak ability is your only ability that will fend off incoming attacks. Be careful when it is on cooldown because most of the times, the enemy champion will take advantage of this and harass you.
- Your (E) Scatter the Weak is an AOE stun so try to aim it on as many enemy champions as possible. This can change the tide of the game since it has a low cooldown which you can use again and again to multiple enemy champions.
- Generally speaking, Syndra Support can be a viable option, since she provides good zoning. However, it is best to use this with a team you’ve been playing for a long time, because other people might accuse you of trolling.
Runes & Masteries
|Doran’s Ring||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation(x2)||Warding Totem|
|Sorcerer’s Shoes||Morellonomicon||Luden’s Echo|
Sorcerer’s Shoes – Sorcerer’s Shoes is the standard boots upgrade for Syndra. Aside from the movement speed, it also grants her more magic penetration.
Morellonomicon – Morellonomicon is the perfect early item for Syndra as it gives her the early power spike she needs as a one-shot AP champion. The stats it provides such as the cooldown reduction and ability power allows her to cast her combo much effectively.
Luden’s Echo – Luden’s Echo is another great item for Syndra. The extra movement really helps since she has no mobility. The ability power and passive also allows her to harass and successfully trade in the laning phase.
|Full Item Build|
|Sorcerer’s Shoes||Morellonomicon||Luden’s Echo|
|Void Staff||Rabadon’s Deathcap||Zhonya’s Hourglass|
Void Staff – Void Staff increases the magic penetration of Syndra, allowing her to deal damage even if the enemies already have magic resistance items.
Rabadons’s Deathcap – Rabadon’s Deathcap greatly increases your ability power. This item is a must buy for Syndra as she can one shot any squishies with her ultimate once she gets this item.
Zhonya’s Hourglass – Zhonya’s Hourglass will serve as your defensive item. Syndra is pretty much done once she gets caught in a team fight by another assassin or a hard crowd control. Zhonya’s Hourglass will make her invulnerable for a short while, giving you options to either use your combo or plan your escape.
|Liandry’s Torment||Ionian Boots of Lucidity||Archangel’s Staff|
Liandry’s Torment – Build Liandry’s if the enemy has a lot of defensive champions that are tanky and hard to kill. This item gives more magic penetration and a passive that deals DOT damage equal to 2% of the target’s current health.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity – Ionian Boots is another good alternative to Sorcerer’s Shoes if you think you will need to spam your abilities more often in a fight.
Archangel’s Staff – Substitute Morellonomicon with a Tear of the Goddess if you want to opt to have more mana or if she is facing against an AD mid. This item gets extremely strong in the late game when transforms to a Seraph’s Embrace.
- Syndra has no mobility spell. So when she casts her (W) Force of Will and (E) Scatter the Weak, she’s very vulnerable and susceptible to attacks. Try to harass her as much as possible as she will have no disables to keep you away or stop you.
- Avoid clumping together during team fights, as (Q) Dark Sphere and (E) Scatter the Weak will deal massive damage, knock your team back, and leave you open to damage.
- Syndra’s kit enables her to deal massive damage on single targets. For instance, (R) Unleashed Power can potentially one-shot a low-health champion. As such, when your health is low, it is best to stay at a relatively safe distance from her.
- Fizz – Fizz can also dodge most of Syndra’s skills with Playful/Trickster. Fizz can also outdamage Syndra the moment she gets caught with Chum the Waters, giving Syndra little option to fight back.
- Yasuo – Syndra’s spheres are considered as projectiles, therefore any of her abilities can be blocked with Windwall. His Sweeping Blade can also dodge the abilities of Syndra which can somewhat be considered a skillshot except for her ultimate.
- Kayle – Kayle is a very safe champion to play against Syndra, as her abilities such as Intervention and Divine Blessing can negate most of the burst abilities of Syndra.