Table of Contents
|Thresh – The Chain Warden|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP/RP||6300 / 975|
INNATE: Thresh can harvest the souls of enemies that die near him, permanently granting him Armor and Ability Power.
(Target Range: 1100, Tether Radius: Global, Speed: 1900, Cost: 80 Mana, Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12)ACTIVE: Thresh throws out his scythe, dealing 80/120/160/200/240 (+50% Ability Power) magic damage and stunning the first unit hit, pulling them in for 1.5 seconds.Reactivating this ability will pull Thresh to the bound enemy. Death Sentence’s cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds if it hits an enemy.
(Target Range: 950, Effect Radius: 150, Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 Mana, Cooldown: 22/20.5/19/17.5/16)ACTIVE: Thresh throws the Lantern to a target location. If an ally clicks on it Thresh will pull both the Lantern and his ally to him.The Lantern grants a shield lasting 4 seconds that absorbs up to 60/100/140/180/220 (+0) damage to Thresh and up to one ally if they come near it. The shield amount scales with the number of souls Thresh has collected.
(Target Range: 400, Cost: 60/65/70/75/80 Mana, Cooldown: 9)PASSIVE: Thresh’s basic attacks deal from 0 to 0 (+0) additional magic damage, which builds up while not attacking (total souls collected plus up to 80/110/140/170/200% total Attack Damage).ACTIVE: Deals 65/95/125/155/185 (+40% Ability Power) magic damage in a line beginning behind Thresh. Enemies hit are pushed in the direction of the swing, then slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1 second.Cast forward to push; cast backward to pull.
(Effect Radius: 450, Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 140/120/100)ACTIVE: Thresh creates a prison of spectral walls around himself. Enemy champions who walk through a wall suffer 250/400/550 (+100% Ability Power) magic damage and are slowed by 99% for 2 seconds, but break that wall. Once one wall is broken, the remaining walls deal no damage and apply half slow duration. An enemy cannot be affected by multiple walls simultaneously.
- As a support for your ADC, your primary role is to interrupt the enemy ADC’s farm by constantly using your (Q) Death Sentence to disrupt their farming.
- (Q) Death Sentence is one of the staple Thresh abilities you have to master. For instance, be wary when targeting the enemy during the laning phase – pulling the wrong target will more likely lead to a disadvantage. Examples of this are champions that do not have a gap closers but are tanky.
- Activate his (Q) Death Sentence again after pulling your target by a sufficient distance towards your team. By doing so, Thresh will pull himself to the enemy champion where you can use your (E) Flay towards the direction of your allies to further separate the enemy champion.
- Try to time your (E) Flay on enemy champions who use dash and gap closing skills (i.e. Tristana’s Rocket Jump, Vi’s Vault Breaker, etc.). When they are about to get away, if you’re near them, hit them with (E) Flay to nullify their dash. Hitting (E) Flay on champions who are channeling their skills will stop them from completing their channel.
- You can then use your ultimate (R) The Box to lock your enemy in and slow them once they try to get out of your ult.
- Remember to use your (W) Dark Passage on time as a late (W) Dark Passage will result in a futile attempt in helping your allies and an early one will just be ignored.
- You can also use your (W) Dark Passage offensively when you have an enemy champion beside you.
- You can even use your (Q) Death Sentence and (W) Dark Passage as a gap closer for you and your ally towards the enemy champion. Just cast your (Q) Death Sentence and (W) Dark Passage, pull yourself towards the enemy and let your ally click on your Lantern resulting in both of you rushing towards your target enemy.
- Prioritize hitting ADC champions with your damaging and displacement skills since you have the ability to separate them from the team. Successfully killing enemy ADCs will put the advantage to your side.
Runes & Masteries
|Support Option 1||Support Option 2|
Option 1 – Your first option is to provide harass and extra damage to your opponent in the lane. You’ll typically go for this first option if you have ADCs who have the initial damage for a potential kill.
Option 2 – The second option is for controlling assassins by lowering their mobility and damage resistance.
|Relic Shield||Health Potion||Warding Totem|
|Boots of Mobility||Farsight Alteration||Face of the Mountain|
Boots of Mobility – Boots of Mobility is a good boots upgrade for supports because it gives them great movement speed boost when not in combat, making him very versatile when ganking and making plays.
Face of the Mountain – Face of the Mountain provides your support with extra safety. Aside from that, it also gives you a shield that can be stacked with the shield of (W) Dark Passage.
Redemption – Redemption is also one of the best items for a support whether it be a tanky or squishy support. For Thresh, it gives him bonus to his shielding power an active that deals true damage to enemies while healing your allies. The stats are also superb, granting Thresh bonus health, cooldown reduction. and base mana and health regeneration.
|Boots of Mobility||Face of the Mountain||Mikael’s Crucible|
|Redemption||Ruby Sightstone||Frozen Heart|
Mikael’s Crucible – This item is good at breaking crowd controls on your ADC and help them survive longer in team fights. These item is goo especially if the enemy has a lot of hard crowd controls that can pin down your ADC.
Frozen Heart – Frozen heart gives you decent armor and an aura that slows enemies nearby. Frozen Heart on a Thresh can be a real pain since it makes him tankier in the mid-late game.
|Talisman of Ascension||Zz’Rot Portal||Righteous Glory|
Talisman of Ascension – you always have the option to hasten your gold income. Again, this is situational so don’t always opt for a greedy build as a support. Your primary role is to help your ADC snowball into the late game.
Zz’Rot Portal – Zz’Rot Portal provides defensive stats and an active that greatly applies pressure in lanes. Get this item if your team is far ahead in gold and kills and you want to apply more pressure in their lanes.
Righteous Glory – Righteous Glory is a great initiation tool in team fights with the movement speed active that also slows enemies by 75%. This item also grants defensive items, which is beneficial for Thresh.
- Try to harass Thresh when his (Q) Death Sentence is on cooldown. This will ensure that he has no answers to your poke as this is his only gap-closing skill.
- If your playing as an ADC, try to be aware of Thresh’s location. He will most likely fish you out on your team and eliminate you first. Once he casts his (Q) Death Sentence, you can move around more confidently since his gap closer missed or was used on someone else.
- (W) Dark Passage is also used as an escape mechanism for his allies. You can predict ahead of this by going to Thresh’s location and execute them. Provided of course, that you are prepared to combat two champions or have allies waiting nearby.
- (W) Dark Passage can also be used offensively. Watch out when he uses (W) Dark Passage randomly in the laning phase as it can mean that one of his allies is nearby and is trying to initiate a gank.
- When you find yourself inside of Thresh’s (R) The Box, you can Flash out of the walls to avoid damage, or you can move inside the boxed area to avoid Thresh’s and his team’s other skills.
- Lulu – Lulu can turn around an engagement by casting both her Whimsy and Help, Pix! to either support her ADC or disable and harm you or your ADC. Engaging an ADC with Lulu around is really difficult to accomplish.
- Morgana– Morgana can also limit the damage dealt by Thresh as she has her Black Shield to block incoming combos from your hook-flay combo. This might also lead to a turn around as she can counterattack while taking less damage.
- Alistar – Alistar’s Heabutt and Pulverize combo limits Thresh’s ability to make plays in the laning phase. Alistar’s kit also allows him to be aggressive as well when laning against Thresh since he can always outtrade him and even create plays in his favor when Death Sentence is casted on him.