Table of Contents
|Warwick – The Blood Hunter|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP/RP||450 / 260|
INNATE: Warwick’s basic attacks deal 10 – 44 (based on level) bonus magic damage on-hit.While below 50% maximum health, Warwick’s basic attacks also heal him for the same amount, with the healing tripled to 30 – 132 (based on level) while below 25% maximum health.
|Jaws of the Beast
(Target Range: 350, Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, Cooldown: 6, Magic Damage: 120% AD [+90% AP] [+6/7/8/9/10% target’s maximum health], Healing Percentage: 30/40/50/60/70%)ACTIVE: Warwick dashes to the target enemy and bites them, dealing them magic damage, applying on-hit effects and healing himself for a portion of the damage dealt.If Jaws of the Beast is held, Warwick will lock his teeth into his target and use them to swing around to their far side. Warwick is unable to act while swinging around his target, and will move wherever they move until he jumps off. Warwick cannot be displaced while attached to an enemy.
(Target Range: Global/4000, Cost: 70 Mana, Cooldown: 120/105/90/75/60, Bonus Attack Speed: 50/65/80/95/110%, Bonus Movement Speed: 35/40/45/50/55%)PASSIVE: Warwick gains bonus attack speed against all enemies below 50% of their maximum health. Enemy champions below that amount are also Blood Hunted, granting him out of combat bonus movement speed while moving toward them as well as highlighting their position to his team. The bonus movement and attack speed are tripled against enemy champions below 20% maximum health.ACTIVE: Warwick briefly senses all enemies and then Blood Hunts the nearest enemy champion within a large radius for 8 seconds, regardless of their current health. Blood Hunt cannot be activated while in combat with a champion, and cools down twice as fast if Warwick is not Blood Hunting.
(Effect Radius: 375, Cost: 40 Mana, Cooldown: 15/14/13/12/11, Damage Reduction: 35/40/45/50/55%)ACTIVE: Warwick reduces all incoming damage for up to 2.5 seconds, or until Primal Howl is reactivated.Once the damage reduction ends, Warwick unleashes a howl that causes all nearby enemies to flee for 1 second. Landing will automatically reactivate Primal Howl, but the target will not flee.
(Target Range: 250% current Movement Speed, Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 110/90/70, Magic Damage Per Hit: 58.33/116.66/175 [+55.66% bonus AD])ACTIVE: Warwick leaps in the target direction, suppressing the first enemy champion he collides with for 1.5 seconds.Warwick channels over the duration, dealing magic damage to his target and applying on-hit effects 3 times, while healing himself for all the damage dealt during Infinite Duress.
Warwick is unstoppable during the leap but can be interrupted during the channel.
- Mid-game, it’s safe for Warwick to tower dive low HP Enemies. His skills can get you in and out of the tower range fast
- As a jungler, try to get as many monsters as you can, starting with the Red Brambleback
- (Q) Jaws of the Beast is a good skill for engaging so try to gank ASAP. This could help your allies in the laning phase especially when they are behind
- Warwick’s Eternal Hunger (passive) heals him twice as much when his HP is below 50% thus higher sustain. This means he doesn’t have to go to the fountain as much
- Warwick is well known for his second skill (W) Blood Hunt which can smell enemies with low HP or when active, smells the closest enemy to him. It also gives him an attack and speed buff thus making it easier for him to catch low HP champions
- Use (E) Primal Howl during clashes. This could prove life and death as it keeps enemies away for a second or two while also reducing all damage taken.
- Since the new Warwick rework, he now has a new (R) Infinite Duress mechanic. Whenever you want to gank a lane once you’re Level 6, aim (R) Infinite Duress on your intended target, since this is now a skill shot.
- One way of getting good range from this skill shot is to get a good head of steam with (W) Blood Hunt first, then cast (R) Infinite Duress.
Runes & Masteries
|Hunter’s Machete||Rejuvenation Bead||Warding Totem|
|Skirmisher’s Sabre: Cinderhulk Enchantment||Spirit Visage||Thornmail|
|Full Item Build|
|Skirmisher’s Sabre – Cinderhulk Enchantment||Mercury’s Treads||Spirit Visage|
|Thornmail||Titanic Hydra||Knight’s Vow|
|Guardian Angel||Frozen Mallet||Frozen Heart|
Guardian Angel – Most of the time, you’ll be in the thick of the fights, especially after you’ve locked onto an enemy with (R) Infinite Duress. As such, Guardian Angel greatly helps you survive clashes since this item resurrects you when you take fatal damage.
Frozen Mallet – Another great dueling item, Frozen Mallet allows you to stick to your targets. This is because this item gives your auto attacks an added slow debuff whenever you hit an enemy. Stats-wise, it also gives good Attack Damage and health.
Frozen Heart – Lastly, Frozen Heart is another good defensive item to get when you need to deal with Auto-attacking enemies. It decreases the attack speed of enemies around you, while you get lower cooldowns and bonus armor.
- Because Warwick is good at engaging, it is easy to kite him.
- Be wary as Warwick has almost OP Sustain through his Eternal Hunger (passive)) so do not attempt to 1v1 him unless you’re sure you can burst him before he can steal your life
- When you’re HP is low, it’s best to return to the fountain instead of staying under the tower as Warwick is good at tower diving
- The best way to defeat Warwick is to get yourself out of his range. His build will be primarily on Life Steal meaning for every damage he does to enemies, he will gain health. Crowd Controls (ie. snares, stuns, slows) will help to defeat this enemy.
- Once he uses (R) Infinite Duress, lock him down with any heavy crowd control skill such as stuns or roots. This way, he’ll be open to damage for a short duration.
- Ward as much as you could as this jungler can smell you through his (W) Blood Hunt skill and single you out, especially when you’re low on health.
Generally speaking, Warwick has no inherent hard counters. More often than not, he is highly susceptible to crowd controls, especially during team fights. Not to mention, he also has trouble with strong kiters such as Vayne, Ashe and other ADCs, but depending on his items, he may or may not be a factor down the stretch.
As such, whenever the enemy team picks a Warwick, it is best to adjust your team composition to address this threat.