This page contains a champion character strategy guide for Twitch – The Plague Rat in League of Legends (LoL), including stats, skills and abilities, rune builds, recommended gear and equipment, and playstyles.
Table of Contents
|Twitch – The Plague Rat|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP/RP||3150 / 790|
Twitch’s basic attacks infect the target, dealing true damage each second.
(Cost: 40 Mana, Cooldown: 16)ACTIVE: Twitch becomes Camouflaged and gains 10% Movement Speed for 10/11/12/13/14 seconds. This bonus triples when he is nearby an enemy champion that cannot see him. Twitch gains 30/35/40/45/50% Attack Speed for 5 seconds after exiting Ambush. Ambush resets when a champion dies while affected by Deadly Venom.STEALTH – CAMOUFLAGE: Twitch is hidden from view while enemy champions remain outside his detection radius. Attacking or casting spells ends Camouflage.
(Target Range: 950, Speed: 1400, Cost: 70 Mana, Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9)ACTIVE: Twitch hurls a cask that adds a stack of Deadly Venom to all enemies struck and leaves behind a toxic cloud that persists for 3 seconds.Enemies that remain within the cloud have 25/30/35/40/45% reduced Movement Speed and receive an additional stack of Deadly Venom each second.
(Effect Radius: 1200, Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8)ACTIVE: Deals 20/35/50/65/80 physical damage plus 15/20/25/30/35 (+20% Ability Power) (+0)per stack of Deadly Venom to all nearby enemies affected by Deadly Venom. (Max Stack Damage: 0)
|Spray and Pray
(Cost: 100 Mana, Cooldown: 90)ACTIVE: For 5 seconds Twitch gains 300 Attack Range and 20/30/40 Bonus Attack Damage.For the duration, his basic attacks become piercing bolts that deal 20% less damage to subsequent targets, down to a minimum of 40% damage.STEALTH – CAMOUFLAGE: Activating Spray and Pray does not end Camouflage.
- When playing as Twitch, make it a point to last-hit enemy minions, as he has shorter range than other ADRs and is prone to being harassed with skills and auto attacks.
- Coordinate with your lane partner when you use (Q) Ambush. You can sneak until you’re near the enemy ADR, and you can surprise them with your boosted auto attack speed that will help you stack Deadly Venom (passive).
- Once you’ve placed the max stacks of Deadly Venom (passive) on your enemies, cast (E) Contaminate to deal further damage and potentially killing them.
- Cast (W) Venom Cask on as many enemies during clashes to place some Deadly Venom (passive) stacks on them. You can then continue to tag them with your passive with (R) Spray and Pray, as it gives you huge bonus auto attack range for a short duration.
- It is best to throw your (W) Venom Cask on enemies who are disabled, as it slows them, and they will incur more Deadly Poison (passive) stacks the longer they are in the clouded area.
- Remember to place yourself behind your team’s frontliners when you cast (R) Spray and Pray. This way, your team can protect you from enemy assassins while you hit them with your auto attacks, stack your Deadly Poision (passive) and finish them off with (E) Contaminate.
Runes & Masteries
Even though Twitch is highly mobile, carrying defensive Summoner Spells is still better as he is highly squishy
|Doran’s Blade||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation||Warding Totem|
|Long Sword||Bilgewater Cutlass||Recurve Bow|
|Boots of Speed|
Bilgewater Cutlass – This item gives Twitch good bonus Attack Damage stats, as well as lifesteal. This helps Twitch during the laning phase, as he can heal damage he takes when he goes to last hit minions.
Recurve Bow – Twitch relies on dealing auto attack damage as quickly as possible, and this item greatly aids him in this regard. It provides great good bonus Attack Speed stats. Recurve Bow synergizes well with (Q) Ambush, as Twitch can tag enemies with as many stacks of Deadly Poison (passive) as possible, lining them up for a solid burst damage of (E) Contaminate.
|Full Item Build|
|Blade of the Ruined King||Runaan’s Hurricane||Infinity Edge|
|Berserker’s Greaves||Statikk Shiv||Duskblade of Draktharr|
Blade of the Ruined King – This item builds off of Bilgewater Cutlass and Recurve Bow, and gives Twitch initial tank-melting capabilities. Blade of the Ruined King gives great Attack Damage and Attack Speed stats, as well as lifesteal and a bonus item passive that shreds champions who buy health items. Most ADRs get this item, since the current meta is predominantly tank-centered.
Runaan’s Hurricane – Since Twitch’s damage relies on him getting as many stacks of Deadly Poison (passive) on enemies, getting Runaan’s Hurricane is an excellent Zeal item to buy. It gives Twitch bonus Attack and Movement Speed, increased Critical Strike chance, and allows him to hit two additional enemies with his auto attacks. It also gives him massive Area-of-Effect damage when combined with (R) Spray and Pray.
Infinity Edge – A standard item for most ADRs, Infinity Edge gives Twitch’s auto attacks a boost in damage and critical strike chance. This, along with his Deadly Poison (passive) stacks, and the insane range he gets with (R) Spray and Pray makes Twitch a late-game hyper carry who can get multiple kills.
Statikk Shiv – Another good item that builds off of Zeal, Statikk Shiv makes Twitch to farm for his main damaging items faster. It gives bonus Attack and Movement Speed, and increased critical strike chance. It also gives Twitch’s auto attacks an on-hit lightning bolt that damages and chains up to 5 enemy units.
Duskblade of Draktharr – This new lethality item proves to be invaluable to Twitch, as it synergizes so well with his (Q) Ambush skill. Duskblade of Draktharr gives bonus attack damage so long as its wielder is unseen by enemies before he strikes. Twitch can abuse (Q) Ambush once he gets this item to gun down squishy targets, as he can stealth and sneak into unwary champions, proc the item’s passive, and deal massive damage, apart from his usual stacking of Deadly Poision (passive) + (E) Contaminate combo.
|The Bloodthirster||Lord Dominik’s Regards||Mercurial Scimitar|
|Guardian Angel||Rapid Firecannon||The Black Cleaver|
The Bloodthirster – A good item complement Infinity Edge, getting The Bloodthirster gives Twitch survivability, thanks to its high lifesteal and good bonus Attack Damage.
Lord Dominik’s Regards – This item is often purchased to deal with enemies who build health items and have two or more tanks in their lineup. It gives armor penetration and health percent damage to enemies who have more health than you. Given that Twitch has low health, Lord Dominik’s Regards makes him an even bigger threat to tanks.
Mercurial Scimitar – For enemy team lineups that have more single-target oriented skills, getting Mercurial Scimitar is a good choice. It gives decent bonus Attack Damage, and an active item skill that removes crowd control debuffs.
Guardian Angel – Another defensive item that gives decent Attack Damage, Guardian Angel lets you be resurrected at half health in the event you take fatal damage from enemies. Since Twitch is a high-priority target for enemy teams, getting this item during mid to late game is a good option.
Rapid Firecannon – Another item that builds of off Zeal, Rapid Firecannon gives Twitch longer range each time he stacks for an Energized Strike, which can be attained by moving and auto attacking enemies. This item also gives decent movement and attack speed, so it is worth looking into if you are still getting the hang of Twitch’s close attack range.
The Black Cleaver – Another item that shreds tanky enemies, The Black Cleaver gives decent bonus Attack Damage and health to Twitch, as well as making his auto attacks shred the armor of enemy champions. Alongside his Deadly Poison (passive) + (E) Contaminate combo and (R) Spray and Pray, he can whittle down the opposition.
- Twitch has to get a little closer to hit his auto attacks. You should make it a point during the laning phase to harass him with your skills and auto attacks to push him back and deny him of his Creep Score.
- As much as possible, avoid being hit with Twitch’s auto attacks and (W) Venom Cask to not get tagged with Deadly Poison (passive).
- Buy Control Wards to make sure that Twitch doesn’t just pop out of nowhere.
- Spread out during team clashes to mitigate Twitch’s (R) Spray and Pray damage.
- Cast Crowd Controls like Stuns and Snares on Twitch to effectively shut him down.
- During the laning phase, always report every time Twitch isn’t on the map.
- Lee Sin – Lee Sin’s skills help him stick to Twitch and render his (Q) Ambush obsolete. He can also finish Twitch off with his Sonic Wave / Resonating Strike + Dragon’s Rage combo, as well as his Tempest / Cripple skill.
- Caitlyn – Caitlyn has the longest natural range of all ADRs in the game, and can effectively harass Twitch with her auto attacks. She can also place Yordle Snap Traps to control the lane – if Twitch steps on the traps, Catilyn’s auto attack will deal massive damage. When she manages to whittle down Twitch’s health, she can finish him off with Ace in the Hole.
- Draven – Draven’s empowered auto attacks from Spinning Axe does massive damage to Twitch if he gets hit. Draven can also cut off Twitch’s escape routes with Stand Aside and continue dishing out his auto attack until he gets the kill.
- Corki – Corki’s Phosphorous Bomb deals a good amount of damage to Twitch if he gets hit, and it also renders him visible, making his (Q) Ambush useless. One-on-one, Corki can also melt Twitch with a direct Phosphorous Bomb hit, coupled with his auto attack + Gatling Gun combo.