Table of Contents
|Udyr – The Spirit Walker|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP/RP||1350 / 585|
Entering a stance grants Udyr bonus Attack Speed and Movement Speed for a short duration. This effect can stack multiple times.
(Cost: 45-28 [based on level] Mana, Cooldown: 6)PERSISTENT EFFECT: Basic attacks deal 15% Attack Damage bonus physical damage, and Udyr will perform a Tiger Strike with his first basic attack, dealing bonus 30/80/130/180/230 (+120/130/140/150/160% Attack Damage) physical damage over 2 seconds.ACTIVATION: Increases Attack Speed by 30/40/50/60/70% for 5 seconds.
(Cost: 45-28 [based on level] Mana, Cooldown: 6)
PERSISTENT EFFECT: Gains 10/12/14/16/18% Life Steal.
ACTIVATION: Gains a shield that absorbs 60/95/130/165/200 (+50% Ability Power) damage for 5 seconds.
(Cost: 45-28 [based on level] Mana, Cooldown: 6, On-Target Cooldown: 6)PERSISTENT EFFECT: Basic attacks stun the target for 1 second. This effect cannot occur on the same target again for 5 seconds.ACTIVATION: Increases Movement Speed by 15/20/25/30/35% and ignores unit collision for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
(Effect Radius: 250/625, Cost: 45-28 [based on level] Mana, Cooldown: 6)PERSISTENT EFFECT: Burns enemies in front of Udyr on his first basic attack and every third attack after, dealing 40/80/120/160/200 (+45% Ability Power) magic damage.ACTIVATION: Unleashes pulsing waves of fire, dealing 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% Ability Power)magic damage each second to nearby enemies for 4 seconds.
- In the early stages of the game, your main concern is to level as quickly as possible so you will have access to at least three of Udyr abilities to quickly switch between defense, offense and mobility.
- You can use your (W) Turtle Stance and (E) Bear Stance to not only dive enemy champions with the bonus movespeed and heal, but you can also use this to escape as well. You can use your stun to disable the enemy champion and flee with the bonus movespeed you get from (E) Bear Stance.
- Him being a melee champion with no ranged abilities needs high mobility in order to catch up to the enemy champions he’s targeting. Try to build your items that will help Udyr chase enemy champions and quickly bursting them down to prevent escape.
- You can use your (R) Phoenix Stance to split-push effectively with its AOE damage to quickly clear enemy minion waves.
Runes & Masteries
|Hunter’s Machete||Refillable Potion||Warding Totem|
|Gargoyle Stoneplate||Stalker’s Blade – Warrior||Iceborn Gauntlet|
Gargoyle Stoneplate – Gargoyle Stoneplate gives a lot of resistance, making him very slippery and tanky in team fights. It also makes him somewhat of a frontliner as the passive allows him to have more defensive stats the more enemy champions are nearby. Lastly, the active on this item can be a game changer because of how it makes him an unbreakable wall in team fights.
Stalker’s Blade: Warrior – Stalker’s Blade with a warrior enchantment is the perfect jungle item for him. It grants him extra damage, cooldown reduction, and a blue smite which can finish off enemies.
Iceborn Gauntlet – Iceborn Gauntlet is more of a utility item for Udyr as it helps him deal more damage when using an ability and also slows them by 30% in a small radius. It also grants him mana which can help him in spamming his abilities as it your passive gets stronger when spamming your abilities.
|Full Item Build|
|Mercury’s Treads||Stalker’s Blade – Warrior||Iceborn Gauntlet|
|Spirit Visage||Thornmail||Gargoyle Stoneplate|
Spirit Visage – Spirit Visage increases his magic resistance while improving his health and regeneration at the same time. This also fits well with Gargoyle Stoneplate as it gives him health which in turns improve the active of Gargoyle Stoneplate.
Thornmail – Thornmail is a very good item that can assist you in mitigating and returning back damage. He doesn’t have much of a gap closer, hence he is very prone to being kited by his enemy. Thornmail allows him to deal damage to enemy champions even though he can’t get close to them.
Mercury’s Treads – Mercury’s Treads decreases the duration of all crowd controls which makes him more effective in escaping and engaging enemies.
|Frozen Heart||Blade of the Ruined King||Maw of Malmortius|
Frozen Heart – Frozen Heart is more of a defensive item compared to Iceborn Gauntlets. This item is perfect against AD heavy enemy compositions.
Blade of the Ruined King – This item allows him to kite and catch escaping enemies. This item grants the user attack speed and lifesteal, which can help Udyr in team fights and clearing the jungle.
Maw of Malmortius – Maw of Malmortius increases his resistance against magic damage while also giving him more attack damage. Get this item if the majority of the enemy team is AP or if their AP is very fed.
- He has great mobility from his (E) Bear Stance and accompanied with a solid stun. Placing wards in key locations will prevent him from raping you early in the game.
- It’s better to poke Udyr from a distance since he deals massive damage in close quarters. You should generally avoid fighting him in close combat unless your champion deals more burst damage.
- Jax – Jax is also a very strong duelist that can outdamage even an experienced Udyr player. Counter Strike is a very strong skill against Udyr that renders his auto attacks useless. Jax also has the ability to engage and disengage with Leap Strike, making him very flexible in team fights.
- Trundle – Trundle has the ability to absorb attack damage with Chomp. He is also one of the best chasers because of his Frozen Domain that increases his movement speed and Pillar of Ice that summons an impassable pillar that also slows nearby enemies. His ultimate, Subjugate, is a very strong 1v1 ability that lets Trundle steal health armor, and magic damage, making him stronger while weakening his enemy. Udyr will have a very hard time positioning himself against a Trundle jungle.
- Lulu – Lulu is not a jungle champion, but her kit has a lot of crowd controls that can stop Udyr from either entering a team fight or escaping with low health. Among the abilities of Lulu, Whimsy disables Udyr the most because it transforms him into a polymorph that can’t cast any abilities and greatly reduces his movement speed.