Table of Contents
|Vi – The Piltover Enforcer|
|Secondary Bar||Mana||IP/RP||6300 / 975|
(Static Cooldown: 16-8 [based on level])INNATE: Vi charges a shield over time. The shield can be activated by hitting an enemy with an ability.
(Target Range: 250/725, Speed: 1250/1400, Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, Cooldown: 16/14/12/10/8, Minimum Physical Damage: 40/60/80/100/120 [+60% bonus AD], Minimum Champion Damage: 50/75/100/125/150 [+80% bonus AD])FIRST CAST: Slows Movement Speed by 15% while increasing damage and dash range over 1.25 seconds.SECOND CAST: Dashes forward dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+80% bonus Attack Damage)to 0 (+140% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage and applying Denting Blows to all enemies hit (deals 75% damage to minions and monsters). Stops upon colliding with an enemy champion, knocking it back.
(Bonus Physical Damage: 4/5.5/7/8.5/10% [+1% per 35 bonus AD] of target’s maximum health, Bonus Attack Speed: 30/35/40/45/50%)PASSIVE: Vi’s punches break her opponent’s Armor, dealing bonus damage and granting her Attack Speed.Every 3rd attack on the same target deals an additional 4/5.5/7/8.5/10% (+1% per 35 bonus Attack Damage) of the target’s maximum Health as physical damage, reduces its Armor by 20% and grants Vi 30/35/40/45/50% Attack Speed for 4 seconds (max 300 damage vs. monsters).
(Effect Radius: 600, Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 Mana + 1 Charge, Recharge Time: 14/12.5/11/9.5/8, Physical Damage: 10/30/50/70/90)ACTIVE: Causes next basic attack to deal 10/30/50/70/90 (+115% Attack Damage) (+70% Ability Power) physical damage to the target and enemies behind it. Vi charges a new punch every 14/12.5/11/9.5/8 seconds and can hold 2 charges at once.
|Assault and Battery
(Target Range: 800, Cost: 100/125/150 Mana, Cooldown: 130/100/70 , Physical Damage: 150/300/450 [+140% bonus AD], Secondary Physical Damage: 117.5/243.75/337.5 [+105% bonus AD])ACTIVE: Targets an enemy champion and chases it down, knocking it up for 1.25 seconds, dealing 150/300/450 (+140% bonus Attack Damage) physical damage.While charging, Vi cannot be stopped and will knock aside enemies in the way, dealing 75% damage to them.
- Cast (Q) Vault Breaker in max range. The longer you cast, the more damage and range it will have.
- (W) Denting Blows is a great tool to shed armor from enemy tanks and deal a massive amount of damage to them. This, however, does not mean that you should only lock down the tankiest champion in the game. Instead, try peeling your carries if the enemy tanks are focusing on them.
- (E) Excessive Force also acts as an auto-attack reset, meaning you can simultaneously attack by auto-attacking and quickly using (E) Excessive Force.
- You can dash through walls and terrain with (Q) Vault Breaker.
- (R) Assault and Battery is one of the staple Vi abilities which is used to single out opponents during team fights. Moreover, it is a great dueling skill against enemy junglers.
- Focus your (R) Assault and Battery for ADCs and mid laners as much as possible. and do not recklessly press your ultimate as soon as you see the your priority. Instead, try to evaluate the situation and see whether your team can follow it up.
- You can surprise enemies by charging your (Q) Vault Breaker in brushes.
Runes & Masteries
|Hunter’s Machete||Total Biscuit of Rejuvenation||Warding Totem|
|Stalker’s Blade: Warrior||Sterak’s Gage||Ninja Tabi|
Stalker’s Blade: Warrior – Vi has a great AD scaling that can further be improved with the Warrior enchantment. Chilling smite also lets her stick to her enemies more because of the movement speed reduction and true damage.
Sterak’s Gage – Sterak’s Gage increases the base attack damage and health of Vi. The passive also gives her a shield that can stack with Blast Shield.
Ninja Tabi – Ninja Tabi provides more defensive stats for Vi as it reduces basic attack damage by 10%, which is a lot especially if the enemy composition are mostly ADs.
Trinity Force – Trinity Force gives Vi a ton of stats such as attack speed, health, and attack damage that makes her snowball in the game. The added spellblade passive also makes her more powerful, especially if paired with (E) Excessive Force.
|Full Item Build|
|Stalker’s Blade: Warrior||Sterak’s Gage||Trinity Force|
|Dead Man’s Plate||Maw of Malmoritus||Ninja Tabi|
Dead Man’s Plate – Dead Man’s Plate increases Vi’s health and armor. It also grants her a movement speed and damage on full stacks in her passive that synergize really well with her initiation tool, (Q) Vault Breaker.
Maw of Malmoritus – This item is good against AP burst damage champions. This item also gives decent magic resist, armor penetration, and AD. The passive on this item can also stack with your passive, which gives you ton of survivability.
|Randuin’s Omen||Death’s Dance||Guardian Angel|
Randuin’s Omen – Randuin’s Omen is a great substitute for Dead Man’s Plate if the enemy team has a lot of champions with mobility.
Death’s Dance – Death’s Dance can be added as final last item for Vi instead of Maw of Malmortius if you are far ahead in the game and want to have lifesteal in your basic attacks, which pairs well with her passive (W) Denting Blows.
- Invulnerability cancels (R) Asssault and Battery.
- You can cancel her (Q) Vault Breaker by stunning her in the first activation of her skill. The second activation, on the other hand, cannot be stopped.
- Do not fight Vi for an extended period of time because her (W) Denting Blows sheds armor and extra damage every third consecutive hit on a target. If possible, try kiting her to prevent her from applying a (W) Denting Blows stack on you.
- Her (Q) Vault Breaker is a strong crowd control but requires precision and timing to land correctly. Try juking her the first time you see her activating her (Q)Vault Breaker.
- Stay away when Vi uses her (R) Assault and Battery because it knocks you back and deal 75% damage. Instead, save all your crowd control abilities and use it right after Vi’s ultimate.
Jax – Jax is one of the strong Vi counters who can easily block all the auto-attacks of Vi with Counter Strike. Jax’s passive and ultimate can also outtrade Vi in a 1v1 situation. Vi usually doesn’t have much of an escape when she uses her Vault Breaker because Jax can catch her with Leap Strike.
Pantheon – Pantheon is also one of the few who can counter Vi in the jungle. Pantheon’s passive allows him to block the first attack to dealt to him. He also has a stun and Heartseeker Strike which causes Pantheon to critically hit if the enemy target has low health.
Riven – Riven has a ton of ability that makes it Hard for Vi to land her Vault Breaker and Assault and Battery. Riven’s Broken Wings is a huge engage tool that has can evade Vi’s Vault Breaker. Her Ki Burst and Valor also gives more options to evade and escape Vi in an instant. Blade of the Exile also makes Riven a great duelist, and can even catch Vi after she vaults away with Wind Slash.