This page contains a guide on how to kill Baron Nashor in League of Legends (LoL), including epic monster stats, abilities, rewards gained when killed, and strategy on how to defeat it.
How to Kill Epic Monsters – Baron Nashor
|HP||6400 (gains 180 HP per minute after the match begins)|
|Damage||240 – 310 (based on minute)|
|Gained When Slain||
|Bounty||325 Gold (to slayer), 300 Gold (rest of the team) / 600 EXP (rest of the team), 800 EXP (all nearby allies)|
|Location||Appears in Summoner’s Rift after 20 minutes.|
- Beware of Baron Nashor’s ability to reduce a target’s armor and magic resistance, which can go as low as below zero.
- Champions that have skills that allow them to dash at a target (Diana with Lunar Rush, Jax with Leap Strike and Master Yi with Alpha Strike) will be able to evade Baron Nashor’s attacks better than others. This is because their skills cause them to overlap with his game model, which is technically outside of his attack range.
- It is generally not advised to take on Baron Nashor alone, as it is extremely powerful even at late game. The more teammates you have to take him on, the better. For reference, extremely tanky Champions such as Udyr, Warwick, Xin Zhao and Nasus are some of those who can handle Baron Nashor on their own.
- Yorick or Malzahar are also able to defeat Baron by themselves, owing to their strong sustain and DPS.
- To defeat Baron Nashor, you need to designate one teammate to tank Baron’s attacks, while the rest of the team focuses on dealing consistent damage to him. Mobility and positioning is the key to surviving against him from there.
- Bear in mind that killing Baron is among the most sought-after objectives in a match, as it rewards the team with a considerable amount of gold while granting them the Hand of Baron buff. This gives all members of the team increased attack and ability power damage of up to 40 bonus damage (including minions), which scales with game time. In addition to this, all members of the team will have Empowered Recall.
- Always watch out for when Baron Nashor is near death, as the Hand of Baron buff will be applied to the team who had dealt the killing blow on him, regardless if the opposing team had taken out majority of his health. This means that any side can attempt to “steal” the kill, especially ranged Champions such as Draven, Ezreal, Ashe, Jinx, Jhin, Jayce, Kog’Maw, Lux, Nidalee, Varus, Xerath, Ziggs and Zyra.