Table of Contents
Tips and Tricks for Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster
This page contains a tips and tricks for Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster, including useful gameplay advice on recommended camera and lenses to upgrade, ghost hands and how to avoid them, blossoming wraiths, best way to get spirit points fast, and other useful information.
Recommended Upgrades to Get
In general, you want to prioritize upgrading the Camera Obscura’s damage output so try to spend your blue spirit stones on Power (increases maximum camera charge limit and maximum damage per shot), Sensitivity (shortens camera charging time), and Charge (shortens camera shutter recovery).
You will eventually encounter ghost enemies that have very high health so not being able to deal enough damage will cause you to struggle a lot, especially during the last few Phases (story chapters).
Try to upgrade the Blast Lens as often as possible as it is the first lens you get that directly boosts the damage of one shot. Afterwards, it is recommended to spend your spirit stones on enhancing the Blow Lens (arguably the best lens in the game) which lets you deal massive damage by consuming spirit power stored in your blue orbs.
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Best Camera and Lens Upgrades to Get
Throughout the game, a ghost hand may appear out of nowhere and grab you when you try to pick up an item. When this happens, the item that you tried to take will disappear. You can try breaking free from the hand’s grasp, though the item will still be gone.
Note that the ghost hand only appears when you are taking consumable items like Blue Spirit Stones or Red Spirit Stones. The hand will not come out and prevent you from picking up story-related items and collectibles such as memos, files, or keys.
|▼Collectible Items Guides|
|All Record List and Locations||All File List and Locations|
|All Lenses List and Locations||All Equipped Functions List and Locations|
|All Consumable Items List|
Avoiding the Ghost Hand
The chance of the ghost hand appearing is reset each time you try to grab any item in the game. To avoid getting grabbed, quickly release the action button when you see hand so exit item acquisition mode. Afterwards, try to pick up the item again.
Ruka and Misaki’s hands will sometimes tremble when attempting to take an item. This indicates that a ghost hand is guaranteed to appear. Choshiro’s hands, meanwhile, will never tremble regardless of the likelihood of the event.
Try to get into the habit of continuously tapping the pick up action button for half a second and then releasing it. This will allow you to move your hand toward the item gradually while also giving you a chance to react the moment the ghost hand comes out. Also, if a ghost hand grabs your hand, there will not be any battle and you will not take any damage. The item you tried to grab will simply vanish.
Among the entries you need for the Ghost List are shots of certain wraiths (hostile ghosts) that have undergone a change called Blossoming. This causes enemies to become more powerful and will be able to kill you in a few hits. When a wraith has blossomed, their faces will lose distinct features and become blurry.
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Ghost List
To force a ghost to blossom, you need to lower its health or use special lenses that knock it away. Wraiths are also more likely to blossom when you are playing on higher difficulties.
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster How to Blossom Wraiths
Spirit Points Farming
A good way to farm spirit points can be done during the Final Phase against the game’s last boss (Lunar Eclipse Sakuya). Since the boss will respawn each time you fail final piano puzzle, you can keep fighting her to earn as much as 10 million spirit points in about 30 minutes to 1 hour. Note that you may eventually get a Game Over after doing this method for too long (needs confirmation).
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Spirit Points Farming Guide
Ghost Face Screen Saver
If you do not move your character for a while in the game, a ghost face will appear on the screen (series annual screensaver).
Stuffed Animal in the Storeroom
The stuffed animals in the storeroom under the large staircase of 1F Rogetsu Hall indicate your game laps (eagle for odd-numbered laps and peacock for even-numbered laps).
Things that Move and Make Sounds
There are several objects throughout the game that will move or make sounds.
Phase 1: The Summoning
- Storeroom under the Large Staircase : When examining the mummy, it will move once.
- Reigetsu Dining Hall :When examining the piano, it will make a sound by itself once.
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Phase 1: The Summoning Walkthrough
Phase 2: Resonance
- In Front of Aso Memorial Room : When you get close to the three masks hanging on the wall, the middle mask will drop.
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Phase 2: Resonance Walkthrough
Phase 3: The Lost Day
- Operating Room : If you examine the bag in the corner of the operating room, it will move once.
- Document Room : If you go to the back of the document room, you will hear a loud bang only once (The mannequin next to the medicine cabinet in front of it collapses).
- Examination Room : When approaching the shelf, the bottles on top of it will drop only once.
Fatal Frame / Project Zero 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Phase 3: The Lost Day Walkthrough
Phase 5: Twin Faces
- Kaoru Sendo’s Room : When you look at the torso through viewfinder mode, it turns around only once.
- Misaki’s Room : When you approach the radio behind the screen, the head of the doll on the back shelf will drop only once.
- In Front of Iori Aiba’s Room : After proceeding to the hidden room, try to pass by in front of Iori Aiba’s room to hear a knock on the door.
Phase 7: Tranquility
- Library (Aso Memorial Hall) : When you go to the back of the library, you will hear a sharp sound (like glass breaking) only once.
A Shadowy Figure in the Dining Room
After the second playthrough, go to the large dining room with Equipped Function “Sense”. A shadowy figure may sometimes appear sitting on one of the chairs.
Virtual Image in the Mirror
- Have Ruka or Misaki wear a hair ornament with a costume.
- Stand in front of the mirror in the library on the 1F Rogetsu Hall.
- Hold the camera and enter viewfinder mode
- If you look at Ruka or Misaki’s reflection in the mirror while in viewfinder mode, the hair ornament will disappear.
Other Strategy GuidesFatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Strategy Guides and Useful Tips
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Recommended Article List
|▼Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse Remaster Recommended Articles|
|Main Story Phase Walkthroughs||Ghost Battles|
|Game Database||Camera Lenses|
|Camera Upgrades||Ghost List|
|Hidden Ghosts||Hozuki Dolls|
|New Game Plus Unlockables||Trophy and Achievement List|
Leave a Reply