Fort Flaptrap Cat Shines
Bully the Cat Bullies
Head to the cat arch to the right of the Giga Bell and go up the wall while in cat form. Cat Bullies will appear in the area. All you need to do is to bait them into any of the switching red/blue platforms by standing on them for a short while. When a Cat Bully comes at you, quickly move away and he should fall off as the platforms switches colors. Do this until all Cat Bullies are gone and the Cat Shine will appear.
Five Cat Shine Shards
- Drop down from the Cat Bully area and move to the left wall. You should see two breakable blocks spread apart. Attack one closest to you and it should reveal a secret area and the Cat Shine Shard.
- Continue going around the base of the Cat Bully area and you should see another Cat Shine Shard up a tree.
- Go around the base of the area again to find another one near two trees.
- As you come to the front of the Cat Bully area, you will find another Cat Shine Shard to your right just above a switching red/blue platform.
- Finally, go up the Cat Bull area again and go behind the lighthouse to find the last Cat Shine Shard.
Blast the Fury Blocks
When Fury Bowser appears, get down to the area to the right of the lighthouse and you should find some fury blocks there. Wait until Fury Bowser gets into position to use his flame breath. Stand in front of the boxes and move away or duck to avoid getting hit as he destroys the boxes. You will find the Cat Shine underneath.
Blue Coin Bustle
Go in front of the Bully Cat area to find a blue switch that you can press. This will make blue coins appear the in front on the switching platforms and more at the Cat Bully area as well. Collect them all to make the Cat Shine appear.
Shows Over, Magikoopas
After clearing Blue Coin Bustle, this objective will be available. Simply defeat the Magikoopas in the Cat Bully area. Note that it is safer to attack them from afar if you have the Boomerang Flower to transform into Boomerang Mario. You can also bump the mystery box on the left to get a Fire Flower.