Mount Magmeow Cat Shines
Back Off, Cat Prince Bully!
Head to the lighthouse using the moving green switchboards. Cat Prince Bully will appear when you arrive. Simply attack him and force him back to any of the open tubes surrounding the area. The tubes will suck Cat Prince Bully in and throw him out in his smaller version. Attack him when he is in this state to damage him. Repeat the process two more times to defeat him.
Five Cat Shine Shards
- Be sure to have a Boomerang Flower before starting this run to get all Cat Shine Shards. From the starting point of Mount Magmeow, make your way up the stair-like platform until you come up to the second rotating flame fence. Look down on your right to find a green switchboard you can get on. Jump on it and step on any of the arrows to make it move. It will come round under the first rotating flame fence with the shard above. Jump up to grab it.
- The second shard is impossible to miss. After passing the second rotating flame fence, get on the green switchboard just ahead. You should see it near the third flame fence that is floating in the air.
- The third shard is near the Fire Koopa Troopa near the ledge by the lava. Take out the Koopa first. Afterwards, slide down by grabbing onto the wall to get the shard and wall jump your way back up before you fall to the lava.
- When you get on the green switchboard that makes a turn around the mountain and past a multi-level flame fence, ride all the way straight to the right side toward a rock wall and immediately duck to get through it. Afterwards, jump up the the second rock wall behind it to grab the shard above. When you land back on the green switchboard, duck again to go back through the wall.
- Ride all the way back until you come close to the green switchboard to your left in the background. Jump on it and and immediately jump again to the small platform with POW bricks. You will need to use the Boomerang Flower and attack the blocks with boomerangs to destroy them.
Blast the Fury Blocks
When Fury Bowser appears, stand in front of the fury blocks by the arch (entrance by the water) of Mount Magmeow. Have Fury Bowser use his flame breath to destroy the blocks. Get the Cat Shine afterwards.
Atop Mount Magmeow
This objective is activated at the starting point of Mount Magmeow. Go up the next level through the transparent tube. Before getting on the green switchboard, bump the red ! box activate the green switchboards path ahead. Afterwards, bump the blue ! box at the other end to continue further. Take out the Piranha Plant or have Bowser Jr. take care of it. Move past the rotating flame fences going right and take out another Piranha Plant by the ledge. Go through the small gap in the mountain with the rotating flame fence and get on the green switchboard (be careful of the large spiked log rolling on the path). Step on the left arrow and wait until you are directly below the red ! box and bump it to activate the next path.
Get ready to jump to a small ledge on your left as you come up as two large spiked logs will come towards on the green switchboard. Get back on your ride and jump to the next green switchboard to your left in the background. Press the arrow to move forward and bump the next ! box to make the platform drop down on the next path. Get ready to jump up the bulb above the under the rock ceiling to reach the top. Climb up to get the Cat Shine.
Hurry! Steer the Switchboards!
This objective appears at the starting point of Mount Magmeow. Hit the purple button to activate the mini game. All you need to do is to ride the green switchboards while avoiding the spiked logs along the way and grab the Cat Shine at the end.
Leave a Reply