How to Unlock Hero Mode
What is Hero Mode?
Hero Mode is The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD’s version of New Game Plus (NG+) and applies a number of changes and new features during the main story. To unlock Hero Mode, you must beat the game once and start a new game using a new save file.
Changes in Hero Mode
- Hero Mode implements several restrictions and changes to make the game more challenging.
- Damage dealt by enemies is now at 2x the normal damage.
- Enemies do not drop hearts after they are defeated.
- Hearts cannot be found in plants or pots apart from holding the Heart Medal.
- Bugs and treasures you have acquired are carried over from your previous playthrough
- Several dialogue changes are applied.
- Skyward Strike charge time with the Master Sword is significantly decreased (almost instantanous).
- Cutscenes can now be skipped.
- Upon meeting the Shiekah Stone at the beginning of the game, you will be told that you have already cleared all Skyward Sword’s puzzles. He will then open up all the hints in the entire game.
- Demise is unlocked as a boss in Thunder Dragon’s Lightning Round (Boss Rush) in Lanayru Gorge.
Rewards for Clearing Hero Mode
There are no rewards for clearing Hero Mode other than the satisfaction of having beaten the game at its most challenging difficulty. Your Hero Mode cleared game save file resumes from the just before the final boss.