Mario’s journey in Super Mario Odyssey begins in the Cap Kingdom. The first level of the game guides the player in learning the game’s basic controls and mechanics.
Enemies and objects you can capture
- Past the 4 white platforms inside the Top-Hat Tower you will see some frogs. Capturing one of them will allow you to transform into one to jump higher and swim faster.
- Once you defeat the boss of the Cap Kingdom, the Electric Pole will allow you to travel to the next kingdom.
- Analog Stick to move
- B Button to jump
- Y Button to throw Cappy
The start of the game
- When the game starts, look at the demonstration on the lower right of the screen to learn how to throw Cappy. Then, follow Cappy’s instructions.
- There will be a tutorial on capturing. Continue following the street. When you reach the lever, throw the cap to it to make the bridge appear.
- Cross the bridge and go inside the Top-Hat Tower marked by door with the yellow cap.
- Inside the Top-Hat Tower are 4 white blocks. Use them to cross to the other side and capture one of the frogs there.
- When you’ve transformed into a frog, you will be able to jump higher to make it to the top of the tower.
- Climb the tower going counterclockwise to reach the top. You will encounter some Goombas along the way. Jump on them to defeat them.
- Prepare to fight Cap Kingdom boss Topper at the top of the tower.
- After defeating the boss, capture the Electric Pole to go to the Cascade Kingdom.
Below is the strategy to defeat the Cap Kingdom Boss Topper.
Throw your cap to hit Topper and make one of his hats to fall off. The hat will slide around the area and can damage you if you’re not careful. Continue throwing your cap to Topper until all his hats fall off to expose his weakpoint (his head). When this happens, jump on his head to damage him. He will get back up and hide in one of the hats. Hit them all with your cap until you find where Topper is hiding. Topper will appear again with three hats. Repeat the first process to expose his head again. He will be defeated after getting jumped on a second time.
|List of Kingdoms|
|Cap Kingdom||Cascade Kingdom|
|Sand Kingdom||Lake Kingdom|
|Wooded Kingdom||Cloud Kingdom|
|Lost Kingdom||Metro Kingdom|
|Snow Kingdom||Seaside Kingdom|
|Luncheon Kingdom||Ruined Kingdom|
|Bowser’s Kingdom||Moon Kingdom|
|Dark Side||Mushroom Kingdom|