This walkthrough will guide players on the main adventure on the Aether Paradise. This includes info on Pokemon, Trainer Battles and Items.
|Rare Candy||On the central elevator|
|Technical Machine(TM)6||At the bottom left part of the area|
|X Sp. Atk||Passage extending to the lower left of the area|
|Aether Foundation Employee||Dugtrio（Alola）Lv.36
|Aether Foundation Employee||Herdier Lv.36
|Aether Foundation Employee||Shelgon Lv.37
|Aether Foundation Employee||Primeape Lv.37||1776pokédollar|
|Aether Foundation Employee||Parasect Lv.36
|Branch Chief Faba||Hypno Lv.39||4680pokédollar|
1. When you’ve arrived at the Aether Paradise, head to the center of the basement. Since the building is swarming with Aether Foundation Employees, you might want to avoid unnecessary battles. You can hide behind boxes to avoid being seen.
2. Take the center elevator and go up to the first floor.
|Branch Chief Faba||Hypno Lv.39||4680pokédollar|
3. When you arrive at the 1st floor, you will immediately battle Branch Chief Faba. Since he only uses Hypno, it won’t be that difficult to beat him.
4. You can heal your Pokemon by talking to the receptionist at the ground floor.
5. On the first floor, Gladion will appear. When you’re ready, talk to him and then go to the second floor.
|Zygarde Cell||Before the door at the back of the aisle|
|Full Restore||In the room with Gladion|
|Aether Foundation Employee||Muk（Alola）Lv.37||1776pokédollar|
|Aether Foundation Employee||MagnetonLv.37||1776pokédollar|
|Aether Foundation Employee||Porygon2 Lv.37||1776pokédollar|
|Aether Foundation Employee||Machoke Lv.37
6. The 2nd floor has many areas to explore. Here, you’ll meet Ha’u again and he’ll give you a Max Revive.
7. From the elevator to the right, you’ll encounter three Aether Foundation Employees. Since they use only one Pokemon each, these won’t be difficult to defeat. In the path behind you will see Gladion. You’ll then have to enter the laborotary. From here, a 2-on-2 battle will ensue with Hau as your ally. You can check the lab desk for a report on Cosmog as well.
8. Exit the lab and take the elevator back to the 1st floor. Once Gladion gets back to the elevator, you will now be able to enter the opposite side of the laboratory.
1st Floor revisited
|Aether Foundation Employee||Mudsdale Lv.37
|Aether Foundation Employee||Electabuzz Lv.38
|Aether Foundation Flee||Slowbro Lv.39 / Ledian Lv.38
As you arrive back at the first floor, you will find out that Faba was planning to take your team down by calling more employees to assist him.
9. After beating all of them, Wicke will appear and heal all your Pokemon. Head towards Hau and Gladion and you will find Faba. You’ll have to battle Aether Foundation Employees twice with Hau and Gladion as your allies. After you defeat them, Faba will give you the keys to the mansion.
In front of the mansion
|Full Heal||At the left of the path exiting the Aether Foundation building|
|Zygarde Cell||At the right of the path exiting the Aether Foundation building|
|Zygarde Cell||At the upper left of the area after defeating Guzma|
|Hyper Potion||At the right of the area after defeating Lusamine|
1. You will encounter two Team Skull Grunts near the entrance of the mansion.
2. A third Team Skull Grunt will appear. Talk to him to battle against Guzma.
Team Skull Boss Guzma
Since Guzma uses Bug-type Pokemon, Flying and Fire types Pokemon will be effective against him. He is a formidable opponent and may be the hardest battle thus far.
|Golisopod Lv.41||Bug／Water||First Impression
|Ariados Lv.40||Bug／Poison||Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch|
|Masquerain Lv.41||Bug／Flying||Air Slash|
Inside the mansion
|Zygarde Cell||Shelf on the right upon entering the mansion|
1. When you enter the mansion, you will find Lusamine.
2. Follow Lusamine to the collection room.
3. Ultra Wormholes will open all over the region, causing Ultra Beasts to wreak havoc. Hau will stop Guzma and you will have to battle Lusamine.
Aether Foundation President Lusamine
|Lilligant Lv.41||Grass||Teeter Dance|
|Mismagius Lv.41||Haunter||Power Gem
|Milotic Lv.41||Water||Hydro Pump
|Bewear Lv.41||Normal／Fighting||Baby-Doll Eyes
4. After the battle, follow Lusamine, Guzma and Ultra Beast to the Ultra Wormhole. Then, you will need to find clues on what transpired in the mansion.
As you exit the mansion, you will meet up with Lillie and Gladion again. Lillie will show you her new attire which signifies her maturity to save Cosmog, Lusamine and Guzma. Gladion on the other hand, will tell you that your next destination is Poni Island.
- You will soon meet up with Lillie again (who’s looks more dependable now since she’s also gone through the Trials). You’ll also meet Gladion again he will show you an image of the Flute that does not correspond to your version (Lillie will have this flute). You will also obtain the Master Ball.
6. Take the elevator down to to the first floor and go to the port. Once there, talk to Gladion and get on the ship.
|<< Previous : Ula’ula Island Walkthrough Part 2||Poni Island walkthrough : Next >>|