This page contains a guide on how to install mods in Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5), including steps and directions on how to download and run them in the game.
How to Install Mods
Despite being released way back in 2013, Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) is still one of the most popular games on any platform today, owing to the massive amount of mods that can be installed in the game. This gives developers the creative freedom of playing the game as they like it, as well as including various originally-designed weapons, equipment, clothing, vehicles and missions for other players to enjoy. Of course, you will need to now how to install and run them before you experience new features.
Follow the steps below to install and run a downloaded mod in Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5).
- After downloading a mod, create a mod folder to easily manage your existing mods in the game. Then, save the downloaded mod in the folder.
- Extract the contents of the file to a new folder. Then, look for a file with a “.ini” extension name (example: potato.ini)
- Tansfer (drag) the .ini file into the GTA 5 game folder (C:\program files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Grand Theft Auto V).
- To further adjust the mod to your liking, open the .ini file and tweak the options.
- Finally, run GTA 5 and play the mod.
With already so many things to do in the original game, the possibilities of experiencing GTA 5 in very interesting ways has become that much more diverse thanks to the collection of mods available. Below are just some of the many website where you can download them, allowing you to play the game in unexpected ways. Just be careful of downloading files that may potentially harm not just your game, but your PC as well.
- Reddit: GTAV_mods
- What are Mods?
- Most Popular Mods