December Patch Notes Part 2
An update for Brawl Stars was recently released on December 6, 2018 that improved the game’s features, as well as redesigning various Brawler skins, menus, maps and the game’s UI. Leon, the Stealthy Assassin, was also added to the game. Below are the full details of this most recent patch.
Leon, the Stealthy Assassin
Basic Attack – Leaf Blades
- Throws 4 Shurikens in an arc with medium range
- Shurikens deal more damage closer to the target
Super – Smoke Bomb
- Leon goes invisible for 10 seconds.
- Leon is revealed permanently after attacking and briefly when taking damage.
- Leon is visible when carrying Brawl Ball during invisibility.
- Leon is briefly visible when picking up stars, gems, power-ups and other items during invisibility.
- Pets/Turrets etc. do not see Leon during invisibility.
Star Power – Smoke Trails
- Leon moves faster while invisible.
New Skins and Models
Redesigned Models and Skins
|Star Shelly||Wizard Barley|
- Star Shelly – Available for free to all players that play Brawl Stars before 2019
- Wizard Barley – Available after connecting to Supercell ID. Also unlocks Barley if not already obtained.
3D Environment and UI Changes
- All maps upgraded to 3D.
- New UI and loading screen.
- Map preview can be viewed by pressing the “i” button.
- Keys renamed to Tokens.
- Star Keys renamed to Star Tokens.
- Bands renamed to Clubs.
- Boss Fight renamed to Big Game.
New Modifier – Healing Mushrooms
- Spawns an area that heals players
Robo Rumble Map Adjustments
- Larger map with enemies attacking from all sides.
- Charge ability removed from high-level melee robots.
- All player-based healing (for example Barley’s Star Power, Pam’s Star Power) is reduced by 75%.
- If a player dies from life leech ticking damage and is poisoned at the same time, the player who dealt the poison will heal to full health.
Angry Robo Modifier Changes
- Robo no longer sees into bushes.
- Robo cannot hide in bushes.
- Robo drops 5 power cubes on death.
- Pets/Turrets now target Robo.
- Brawlers can charge their Super by shooting Robo.
- Practice mode removed (Can still play with bots in friendly rooms).
- Game Rooms → Teams
- Anyone can invite more people to the team from their friends list.
- Players can request to join a team.
- Gem Grab, Bounty, Heist and Brawl Ball maps are now 4 tiles wider.
- Brawl Ball – Players now spawn behind the goal.
- Heist – Players now spawn behind the safe
- All Super abilities can now be activated at any time when charged (can interrupt attacks).
- Respawn location indicators have been added.
- Brawl Ball aiming direction is shown to teammates.
- Haptic feedback added for easier aiming cancellation (vibration when joystick is in the middle area).
- Ticketed game mode moved into their own slot
- Modifier game mode (4th slot) will be always available
- Free Coins, Power Points, Key Doubler and Tickets added to the daily free item rotation along with the pre-existing free Brawl Box
- Matchmaking improvements
- New languages
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!