Penny is a ranged brawler who excels at damaging clumps of enemies. Her Plunderbuss shoots bags of coins that slash out behind the target on contact. After filling her super meter, the pirate can unleash her cannon. The cannon turret shoots out cannonballs in a wide arc, able to hit any coward trying to hide from the Plunderbuss behind walls.
- Long Range Spread – Penny has a unique attack type in that she can launch a shotgun-style attack from a long range. This can allow her to take out clumps of enemies rather easily, especially when squishy damage dealers try to hide behind tanky allies.
- Cannoneer – Penny is able to safely siege enemies hiding behind walls with her cannon. This can make approaching her team very difficult for foes and offer Penny a lot of control over the map.
- Weak Up Close – While Penny has a lot going for her at a range, she can struggle against short range heroes who have managed to sneak up on her. While not helpless, she will struggle if trying to outpace their damage.
General Attack Strategy
|Plunderbuss||Shoots out a pouch of fool’s gold. If the pouch hits an enemy, it bursts and coins pepper targets behind the first enemy.|
- Line up shots so that enemies are lined up behind the initial target. The gold spread does just as much damage as the initial hit.
- This is a great way to take out heroes like Pam or Penny who like to hover around a stationary turret.
|Old Lobber||Penny sets up her cannon! It can shoot at enemies at a long range, even if they are behind cover.|
- Penny’s cannon will fire at its target’s present location, but the cannonball takes awhile to reach its destination. Try to force the target to back up or stand still to ensure a hit.
- Since the cannon isn’t influenced by obstacles, place it in a difficult to reach spot. This will keep it safe from being bursts down by enemies.
Game Mode Strategies
Punish enemies who move for the gems, picking off any you can. Penny shouldn’t be picking up too many gems due to her difficulties in close quarters. Place the cannon toward your team’s side of the map to keep it out of range of the enemies.
- Solo – Penny isn’t the best solo Brawler but can manage. Keep your distance from the enemies and approach tall grass cautiously. Find an obscure place for the cannon so that it can assist you in bombarding enemies
- Duo – Penny performs much better with the assistance of an ally. Assist your ally by attacking their target from afar. This works best if the splash from Plunderbuss can catch the target’s teammate as well.
While not an all-star at Heist, Penny can find some effect in the game mode. Plunderbuss is a useful attack when trying to defend against the enemy team. In addition, Old Lobber can attack the enemy safe without any regard to obstacles
Penny should focus on hitting enemies from afar to pick up stars for her team. Careful aim will allow her to knock enemies out without putting herself into much danger. Old Lobber is a good way to keep things dangerous for enemies or flush them out of cover.
Penny’s long range makes her ill suited for Brawl Ball. That said, enemies generally cluster together around the ball and thereby make for easy targets with Plunderbuss.
Given that she focuses on group fights, Penny isn’t the best brawler for fighting a boss. That said, Plunderbuss and Old Lobber are both great tools when playing as the boss. Plunderbuss’ spread allows Penny to take several enemies out at once. Old Lobber can offer a substantial amount of additional damage as well.
Penny’s effectiveness will depend on the map, as she needs to be able to line up the robos to be effective here. Try and shepherd them into a group before taking the wave out with Plunderbuss. As always, Old Lobber makes for some nice additional damage, especially against the slow boss robos.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!