Poco’s signature move is Encore, his super attack. Rather than dealing damage, he sends out a wave of healing energy that repleanishes allies’ life. He can deal decent amounts of damage from a medium range as well, allowing him to hold his own while supporting his team.
- Powerful Heal – Poco’s Super Attack is a healing wave that can both save Poco or his allies on the brink of death. This allows him to take a supportive role in fights as well as make him deceptively tanky.
- Medium-range Cone – Unlike most enemies who attack in cones, Poco’s attacks deal the same amount of damage no matter the range. This can make him exceptionally strong against other shotgun enemies, so long as he maintains his distance.
- No Burst Potential – While Poco can deal damage more consistently than other spread-shot brawlers, he has no ability to burst enemies. His whole attack is considered a single projectile, so he will not be able to hit enemies multiple times.
General Attack Strategy
|Power Chord||Poco strums his guitarrón, sending forward bone-jarring sound waves. Enemies hit by the waves take damage.|
- Given that all enemies hit by Power Cord take the same amount of damage, it is best to hit targets from maximum range. This will ensure that Poco stays safe when fighting.
- Be careful when fighting around corners or cover, as the sound wave can be blocked the same as other projectiles.
|Encore||Poco plays an uplifting melody that heals himself and any teammates within range. Encore!|
- Poco can use Encore to lure foes into unfavorable fights. They will be tempted to finish him off whenever his health is low, even if their own isn’t so high. Pop Encore to refresh Poco’s health, finish the poor fool off, and then play a jaunty tune over their grave.
- Poco will always heal himself when casting, so be sure to aim Encore over your allies whenever possible.
Game Mode Strategies
Poco makes for an excellent gem carrier due to his ability to heal himself. This allows him to slip out of dangerous situations and keep the gems safe as a result. Avoid getting too aggressive as to not put gems you are holding at risk. Additionally, don’t waste your heal saving someone with zero gems if you are holding quite a few yourself.
- Solo – Poco is far from the best brawler for solo matches due to his limited offensive ability. Be careful as you move around to avoid getting caught out by a brawler with high range. Your best bet is to try and find Brawlers with a shorter range than yourself and attack from the edge of your range. After charging Encore, Poco will be able to attack more readily.
- Duo – Stick close to your teammate. If with a close ranged ally, supplement their damage with your own and provide them with healing whenever necessary. If your ally is long ranged, you will be the front line and should use your healing ability to stay up while under fire.
Poco will not be able to do much to the safe and so should instead focus and either defending against attackers or supporting the team with additional damage. Encore can be a very strong way to keep allies and attacking the safe as enemies try to knock them down.
Encore can be an invaluable asset in Bounty, it able to snatch allies back from the brink of death. Poco should take a similar attack strategy in other modes, trying to hit enemies from the edge of his attack radius to stay as safe as possible. This will additionally make it easier for the mariachi to hit multiple enemies with his attacks.
Poco is fine at Brawl Ball and could give his allies an edge when competing for the ball. The refresh in health brought by encore could be just what the team needs to when a content for the ball. He should generally allow his teammates to handle the ball and shoot, however, as they will be much better at it given his support.
Poco is a risky choice for big game, as he isn’t the best pick when chosen as the boss. That said, he can be very useful when attacking, his heal allowing him to refresh the whole team. Stay on the outside of the crowd and attack from the edge of your range. Heal whenever several of your teammates are mid to low health rather than waiting too long.
Given the nature of Robos, Poco will not need to use his health to bait enemies. Simply healing allies as often as possible will give them an edge against the AIs. Move in to take some fire as well if things get exceptionally dicey as well. Acting as a meat (well… bone) shield for allies can give you the few seconds needed to finish charging Encore.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!