Darryl packs a pair of shotguns, sporting a wider spread than most other shotgunners as a result. What really sets Darryl apart is the mobility that his super attack offers. This attack can be used in a number of ways, from closing the gap between him and his opponent to maximize his damage, to escaping from unfavorable fights, or to hitting enemies multiple times by bouncing off walls and corners.
- Good Damage and Spread – Darryl’s damage is at its best when close to opponents. You can also bring tons of hurt by using Darryl’s Barrel Roll in tight spaces to hit enemies multiple times. Being caught inside tight areas with Darryl is the last place enemy players want to find themselves in.
- Good Mobility – Darryl’s Super Attack allows him to close in on enemies. In addition, the movement damages and knocks enemies back to create a bit of space. It also gives Darryl an emergency escape tactic should he be ganked by multiple enemies or ambushed by a melee Brawler.
- Moderately Hard to Master – Darryl’s ability to bounce off of walls takes a bit of experience to master. In addition, calculating its bounce trajectory on the fly can take some getting used to. Because of this, it can be quite difficult to take full advantage of Darryl’s playstyle when your new to the game.
- Limited Range – As with other shotgun wielders, Darryl is lacking in the range department. While this is somewhat compensated by using Barrel Roll to quickly get into position, it isn’t always available when needed.
General Attack Strategy
|Double Deuce||These double barrel shotguns fire two staggered blasts of heavy close-range damage.|
- Double Deuce covers a wide area when shooting so it works well when working with a cluster of enemies at mid to close range. As with the other shotgun-wielders like Shelly and Bull, Darryl will deal more damage the closer he is to his enemies. This means that you’ll need to take advantage of bushes to get near your targets.
- Use after performing Barrel Roll to ensure you are in range for maximum damage.
|Barrel Roll||Darryl rolls forward inside his barrel, knocking back enemies and bouncing off walls. His Super recharges over time!|
- Barrel Roll is a versatile Super Attack that can be used to get up close quickly or chase down escaping enemies. Defensively, it can be used to get yourself out of harm’s way quickly.
- Barrel Roll can also be used in tight spaces to bounce off walls. This allow you to hit your opponents multiple times to deal massive damage. Bouncing off walls also makes it hard for opponents to aim at you.
- Note that Barrel Roll not only charges over time, but will charge faster when you land hits on your enemies. In a similar fashion to Shelly’s Super Shell coup de grace, Darryl can use Barrel Roll to finish off enemies at close range when he runs out of ammo.
- Because Barrel Roll charges very fast, don’t be afraid to use it on boxes in Showdown to get elixirs faster than your opponents.
- Note that hitting an enemy with Barrel Roll will also charge the next usage itself (though will only charge about 1/8 of the meter per hit).
- Barrel Roll allows Darryl to traverse over water (like in Showdown’s Thousand Lakes) to escape from enemies or quickly get to them.
Game Mode Strategies
Darryl performs decently in Gem Grab, able to loot dropped gems quickly. Barrel Roll can allow him to quickly move to gems or escape from tight places, making it much harder for enemies to get a lead.
- Solo – Darryl is a good Brawler to use in Showdown because of his ability to chase down weakened enemies. Maps in Showdown also feature a ton of bushes that you can use to sneak up on enemies, as well as the abundance of walls to take advantage of Barrel Roll.
- Duo – Darryl also works well with a partner, being able to act as the team’s finisher when the opponent tries in vain to run away. It’s also possible to take out an entire team either by running over the pair in a straight line or getting them inside tight walls to bounce and hit them rapidly.
Darryl is an important member of any team in Heist due to his ability to dash straight to the enemy’s safe. Be careful of close ranged enemy Brawlers who are normally tasked with guarding the safe, as they can easily kill you if their Super Attack is ready.
Darryl can put on a very good show in Bounty, as the maps generally have plenty of cover for him to hide in. Since Bounty is a team-based game, Darryl can pursue his role as the team’s finisher when there are low-health enemies trying to make a run for it.
Brawl Ball is one of the Events where Darryl shines as his naturally good mobility give him an advantage in getting to the ball enemy team. He is also quite adept at stealing the ball because of how fast he can dash at a location.
Darryl can be a very frustrating boss Brawler to deal with in Big Game because of he can easily pull away from enemies by using Barrel Roll. Bouncing off walls also make him very annoying to catch. His wide spread and high damage potential give him a lot of lethality as well. When hunting the big boss, Barrel Roll can help Darryl overcome any dashes or movements the enemy tries.
Darryl performs fine in Robo Rumble, though not to any major degree. The wide spread of his Double Deuce attack is good at clipping bunched up enemies to deal as much damage as possible to the spawning mobs. Barrel Roll can have great results when he manages to hit a cluster of robots multiple times, though you might unluckily find yourself in the arms of a group of melee robots.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!