Bo is a unique ranged Brawler who has a peculiar basic attack pattern. He can either fan out his basic attack in order to spread the damage and potentially hit multiple enemies, or strafe to focus the release of his arrows in one direction. He fills a more defensive role than other Brawlers and is a capable zoner thanks to his Super Attack.
- Steady Aim – Bo has decent range and can provide good flanking defense for team games. In Solo game modes, he is a decent pick, especially for players who are more comfortable with ranged Brawlers.
- Great Scout – Bo is also excellent when scouting enemy brush, thanks to Eagle Eyed. He can shoot his arrows in a spread in order to cover more ground and flush out enemy Brawlers. Once he gets his Circling Eagle Star Power, his ability to scout increases significantly. He can see through brush up to 6 tiles away. This makes him an excellent zoner.
- Zone Control – Catch a Fox allows Bo to control areas of the map by laying out mines. This makes infiltration very difficult for enemies. This is particularly useful in game modes where players have to defend or control a particular area of the map.
- High Learning Curve – Eagle Eyed needs to be practiced in order to maximize its damage. First time Bo players might get turned off by the pattern, but studying it allows for some impressive plays.
General Attack Strategy
|Eagle-eyed||Bo releases a trio of exploding arrows, tearing up enemies like an eagle’s talons.|
- Eagle-eyed can be used either as a spread shot or a single target damaging basic attack. This can be done by standing still for a spread shot or strafing to the left for a line shot.
- Eagle-eyed is a great tool for scouting brushes. Shoot at the brush where you suspect some enemy brawlers are hiding before going in.
|Catch a Fox||Bo hides explosive traps on the ground. Enemies stepping on them get blown up and away!|
- Place Catch a Fox in key areas around the map. This way you can effectively zone out the opposition from the objective while your team can secure it.
- Lob Catch a Fox in brushes where you feel the enemies are gathering to flush them out.
Game Mode Strategies
Bo is a good Brawler in Gem Grab. He can cover his allies who are getting the gems with Eagle Eyed and deny access to the gems. This can be done either by placing the traps over the Gem Mine directly or in choke points.
- Solo – Utilize the brush and scout out the opposing brawlers. This way, you can plan who and where you should strike. Take note of Eagle Eye’s mechanic to check cover you want to go into. Be careful, though, not to give your position away.
- Duo – Support your ally with backup damage and maintain a buffer of safety around your group. Your range is good enough to secure a perimeter, while Catch a Fox enables your team to zone out opposing enemies in your designated safe zone.
Bo is not well suited for Heist. His main way of contributing is by picking off enemies and defending his team’s safe with mines.
Play Bo defensively and help your teammates pick off opposing brawlers from a distance. Once you charge Catch a Fox, use it to zone your opponents away. This way, your allies will be safe from wandering enemies.
Bo is not particularly good at Brawl Ball. He needs to attack enemies rather than focusing on the ball. Additionally, he can litter the map with mines to make it difficult for the enemy team to advance to the goal.
Bo is a serviceable pick up for Big Game if you’re fighting the boss. You can be a bit more aggressive here since your team needs to whittle down the Boss’ HP as quickly as possible. As the Boss, Bo can do alright. Keep enemies away with basic attacks and Catch a Fox when able.
Try to shepherd the robots and take pot shots at them whittle down their numbers. Once you get Catch a Fox, place the mines in choke points to hinder the robos’ advance.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!