Barley is a long-range brawler who chucks highly unstable bottles onto terrain and unwitting brawlers. He specializes in team game modes since he can douse portions of the map with flaming liquor, damaging everyone caught in the flames. His basic attacks deal more damage to opponents the longer they stay on the inflamed area.
- Carpet Bomber – Barley’s Basic and Super Attacks render the battlefield a smoldering heap which enemies should not cross unless they want to get severely damaged. Barley’s Last Call is especially effective when trying to flush out brawlers who are hiding in the brush – this way, he does not need to venture into the brush to check if there are enemies there.
- Compliments from the Bartender – Barley is great in team-based Game Modes. His attacks are great securing objects and denying areas of the map from the opposition.
- Lightweight – Barley has low HP and is susceptible to Brawlers who manage to get up close to him. He will have to rely on walls and cover to stay up and alive in fights..
- Ready, Aim, Throw! – Barley’s attacks take a while to reach their target, as they travel in an arc. Players might have a hard time getting used to this type of attack. Furthermore, his basic attacks have long reload time, which means that his attacks needs proper foresight before being thrown.
General Attack Strategy
|Barley lobs a bottle, breaking it on the ground. Enemies take damage from the splash, and more damage over time if they stay in the puddle.|
- Try to aim Barley’s basic attack to where your opponent might go instead of where he or she is. This will increase your chance of hitting your enemy and charging your Super Attack.
- Toss Undiluted in the brush where you feel the opponents are hiding. This is a great way of flushing enemies out of hiding or from behind cover.
|Barley hurls a flurry of fiery bottles, covering a huge area in flames. This one’s on the house!|
- Aim Last Call on high priority areas like the opposing team’s Safe in Heist or the middle part of the Gem Grab. Another good place to aim is the brush where you think the enemy brawlers are hiding as well as pathways where brawlers might walk through.
- The farther away you aim Last Call, the wider the bottles will spread. This can be good for preventing farther away enemies from escaping the blast or ensuring that nearby enemies are hit.
Game Mode Strategies
Gems make for a great lure for enemies. Punish any enemies who move for them by throwing bottles in their path. Bombard the middle part of the map to thwart the enemy team from getting gems.
- Solo – Barley isn’t that effective in Showdown Solo due to his squishiness. But if you still want to use him in this game mode, do your best to scout where the enemies are and lob your Basic Attacks to where they might be hiding. Also, stay as far away from the other brawlers as possible since your HP is not that high.
- Duo – Have your teammate scout the brush while you provide covering fire with Undiluted. If you see your enemies clumping in an area, bombard them with your Basic and Super Attacks to thin out the competition.
Make sure to hit your enemies with your Basic Attack to charge up your Super Attack. Or you can go straight to the enemy Safe and bombard it with your bottles. Last Call is a great way to tear away health from the safe over time.
Once you have Last Call ready, throw your Last Call on the Safe to deal decent damage. This will also leave your opponents to scurry back and protect their base, opening them up for your teammates to eliminate them.
Maintain your distance and try to hurl Undiluted either in the path of enemies or to flush them out of hiding places. Barley’s main role is to support his team with covering fire. Also, do your best not to stray too close to the front lines. Have your teammates explore the brush on your behalf and stay safe.
Take note where the enemies are spawning and lob your basic attacks in their general direction. This way, you can flush them out and your teammates can get the jump on them. If an enemy has the ball, cut off their route with Undiluted. Use your Last Call to lay waste to the enemy team’s goal area while your fellow teammates are on their way to shoot the ball to the goal.
Use Undiluted to cut off enemy approach and maintain space from your opponents. Do this again once you have Last Call at the ready to further create space between you and your assailants.
Have Barley shepherd the robots by snaking between the walls. While they are following you, throw your basic attack in front of them to damage them and increase your Super Attack meter. You can then shower them with Last Call once you’ve got it fully charged. However, be careful not get swarmed by the robots.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!