Gene is a ranged brawler who likes to pelt enemies with his magic attacks and displacement techniques. Once his enemies are low on HP, Gene can drag them to his location with his Super Attack.
- Ranged Menace – Gene has good range on his attacks which spread as they travels. Getting hit with one of his normal attacks takes out a chunk of HP.
- Get Over Here! – Gene’s Super Attack allows him to grab an enemy and pull them toward his location. This is game-changing, as it can displace and pull high priority targets towards Gene’s and his team’s clutches.
- High Reload Times – Gene’s normal attacks tend to reload slowly. Players will need to get used to his charge times, especially if they miss their target.
- Low HP – Gene doesn’t have high HP and can be shot down with a few well-placed shots.
General Attack Strategy
|Smoke Blast||Gene shoots a solid ball of magical smoke from his lamp. If the ball doesn’t hit a target, it splits up and spreads the damage in a cone.|
- Gene’s long-range attack allows him to hit single enemies at a set distance, and multiple targets if the projectile doesn’t hit any opponents after it covers its set distance.
- Gene’s attacks pierce enemies, allowing him to attack everyone in a cluster. Use this to your advantage to take out tightly packed enemies very quickly.
|Magic Hand||Gene launches a magical hand from his lamp. If the hand hits an enemy, they get pulled back to Gene’s location!|
- Gene can pull any high priority target with his Super Attack. This is especially useful in Gem Grab and Bounty.
- The Magic Hand grabs the first enemy it touches, so it is best to aim your Super Attack at your intended target.
Game Mode Strategies
Gene is great in Gem Grab. He can provide cover fire for his team with his normal attacks, while his Super Attack can pull an enemy who has gathered the most gems toward him. Make use of his Magic Hand super to pull high priority targets towards your team and grab the dropped gems from your downed opponent.
- Solo – Gene is okay in Showdown. He has decent range and his Magic Hand is good at clutch situations. Other than that, treat Showdown game modes the same as when you’re playing other mid-ranged brawlers.
- Duo – Using Gene in Duo is a good choice since he can grab opponents from afar. That said, coordinate with your teammate first, and make sure to grab the correct target.
Gene does alright in Heist. He can provide support to his teammates by yanking opponents away from their Safe. This way, Gene’s teammates can get a clear shot at breaking the opposing Safe and win the game.
Similar to Gem Grab, Gene is great at Bounty. He can pelt enemies from afar and charge his Super Attack. Afterward, he can yank a high priority target, in this case, an enemy with the highest number of stars, to score points.
Gene is serviceable in Brawl Ball. Just like in Heist, he can be used to pull enemies away from their goal. This allows Gene’s team to have a clear way to the goal and score some points.
As the Boss, Gene can deal massive damage from afar with his normal attacks. His Magic Hand is also great at dispatching enemies who are low on HP but be careful not to hook in brawlers with high HP and damage.
As one of the normal brawlers, do your best to pelt the boss from afar. Your basic attacks will let you put a big dent in their HP, so long as you’re able to hit them consistently.
Try to employ a hit-and-run approach against the robots. Utilize the walls and terrain to go around them and hit them with your normal attacks. Other than that, your Magic Hand is not particularly good in this game type.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!