Jessie is a mid-range Brawler who specializes in dealing damage to multiple opponents. Once she has filled her Super Attack meter, she can then deploy Scrappy, her trusty turret that damages any brawler who is in its range.
- Heat-Seeking – Jessie’s Shock Rifle basic attack homes in on an enemy and bounces off to another opponent. This is extremely useful in team game modes such as Gem Grab and Heist where enemies are more likely to clump together. This can additionally be used to find enemies hiding in the grass./li>
- In the Zone – Scrappy is an awesome zoning tool. It automatically provides pressure wherever it is placed, greatly extending her team’s influence. In game modes such as Gem Grab or Heist, placing this on key areas can make defending them much easier.
- Squishy, Squishy, Squishy – Jessie’s HP is rather lackluster. She can easiliy be dispatched should an enemy get in close.
- Low Single-Target Damage
- Jessie’s damage is spread out over several bounces and her turret fire. While this is great when facing a group of enemies, it causes her to struggle in duels.
General Attack Strategy
|Shock Rifle||Jessie’s own invention, the Shock Rifle fires an energy orb that seeks out up to 3 targets before fizzling out.|
- The projectile will hunt down the closest brawler and deal damage provided that the projectile does not fizzle or collide with obstacles.
- Stationary enemies like turrets make for great, easy targets. Shoot them and allow the bouncing projectile to seek out another, nearby enemy.
- Be careful not to spend all the bullets too quickly – Shock Rifle reloads a bit longer to recharge than other Brawlers’ attacks.
|Scrappy!||Jessie cobbles together a gun turret out of random scrap. She’s a genius!|
- Place Scrappy in a safe location so that it is not immediately focused and destroyed. Placing it in the brush has the added advantage of being able to see enemies inside said brush.
- Jessie is strongest when she is patrolling the perimeter where she placed Scrappy. Stand and fight with Scrappy to punish any who attack the machine and pik up some easy kills.
Game Mode Strategies
Keep your distance and shoot into the map’s choke points for easy hits. Once you tag an enemy, pay close attention where their allies are by watching the bouncing energy ball. When you have Scrappy ready, place it in a safe or advantageous position to protect the gem mine.
- Solo – Use the brush to hide and take pot shots at brawlers who are fighting among themselves. This will allow the Shock Rifle bullet to bounce between them and hasten Scrappy’s charge. Also, it is best to conserve your ammo until you see an enemy brawler since you’re better off hiding in bushes and not giving away your position.
Place Scrappy in hard-to-reach places so that you can better apply pressure to the enemies. Such areas are the brush or in between corridors, just be careful not to be too close to Scrappy when the opposing brawlers start to shoot at it.
- Duo – Jessie’s job in Showdown Duo is support. Follow your teammate and pin down the opposition with your Shock Rifle. Once Scrappy is ready, find a safe spot and set the turret up for a bit of safety. This is best done towards the center of the map to avoid getting caught outside the shrinking battlefield.
Jessie is versatile in Heist. She is a solid defender, Scrappy able to secure the base against enemy brawlers. She can also be on the offensive and place Scrappy in front of the enemy team’s choke point to further up the pressure. Scrappy can also hit the Safe if it has a clear shot.
Try to keep a distance when the fighting starts. If you manage to get some stars, be extra cautious. Set Scrappy to defend you from opposing Brawlers.
Jessie is an average pick for Brawl Ball. She can flush out Brawlers who are hiding in the brush and try to get the Ball to the goal. She can also support her ally who has the ball by following them and providing cover fire. Scrappy can also help in defending an area from enemies, or if you manage to place it near the opponents’ spawning points, add more pressure.
As a boss, Jessie can bring the pain to other brawlers. Her Shock Rifle can hit multiple enemies and Scrappy is a pain to take down, especially when Jessie is defending it. As one of the brawlers, Jessie is also a good pick. She can take pot shots at the Boss brawler and place Scrappy in strategic locations so that the Boss brawler will take a good amount of damage.
Jessie’s Shock Rifle does wonders in Robo Rumble. Its homing attack bounces on robots to allow her to quickly clear the opposition. Further, a well-placed Scrappy offers some valuable covering fire so the team can more quickly clear out opponents.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!