Mortis is a melee Brawler with a rather unique attack style. He swoops forward as he swings his shovel, gaining ground with each attack. Life Blood allows him to steal some health from enemies in the middle of a fight, allowing Mortis to jump back from the brink of death.
- Extremely Mobile – Shovel Swing causes Mortis to dash forward whenever used. This makes it a great tool for getting around the map and allows for the most maneuverability out of all the Brawlers.
- Life Steal – Mortis is able to rip life from foes in fights when using Life Blood. This is a powerful move that can keep the mortician up as he dashes around the field.
- Tiny Range – Limited to melee attacks, Mortis can have a very difficult time approaching enemies. Players will have to be very crafty in order to slip past the competition and properly deal Mortis’ damage.
- Vulnerable – Coupled with his melee range, Mortis can be an easy target to enemies when trying to approach. He will need to rely on the brush and obstacles to get to targets.
General Attack Strategy
|Shovel Swing||Mortis dashes forward with a sharp swing of his shovel, creating business opportunities for himself.|
- Shovel Swing allows Mortis to dash forward each time it is used. This is a great way to quickly grab gems in Gem Grab or the ball in Brawl Ball.
- Be careful when aiming, as even just brushing against a wall will cause the dash to stop short.
|Life Blood||Mortis calls forth a swarm of vampire bats that drain the health of his enemies while restoring his. Creepy!|
- Don’t be stingy with Life Blood, as it is very easy for Mortis to get stuck in a tight place and need health.
- Life Blood is Mortis’ only source of ranged damage and thereby can be used to safely take out escaping enemies.
Game Mode Strategies
Mortis’ mobility makes him a good gem carrier. He can rush up to the gem mine before anyone else at the start of the match and dash around to dodge enemy fire. Sweep in whenever a new gem spawns or an enemy drops theirs and dash away before your opponents can attack.
- Solo – Mortis is not a great pick for solo showdown given how much danger he puts himself into. Try to ambush squishier enemies to take them out quickly, particularly those who don’t do well at close quarters.
- Duo – Rely on your ally to check tall grass so that you don’t get ambushed. Jump on targets after your ally engages to keep them safe and deal out some damage of your own. The more power cubes that you manage to gather, the safer you will be when attacking.
There are better choices for Heist than Mortis. He will have a hard time both in dealing with Brawlers who excel in this game mode and in doing much damage to the enemy safe. Try to take out any squishy enemies to keep your own safe secure and keep things easier for your allies.
Mortis can do well in Bounty. He excels at slipping behind enemy lines and attacking low health foes, which is a great way to pick up stars. In addition, his mobility makes him a difficult target and thereby helps secure your team’s score.
If he can avoid enemies’ initial fire, Mortis is great at snagging the ball early for his team. His mobility makes him great at getting around the map and helping either intercept the ball or help push it down the field.
Mortis can be a great boss or a terrible hunter. As such, he is a very risky pick for this game mode. His mobility through Shovel Swing makes him great at dodging enemy fire and staying alive for long periods. However, his vulnerability makes him very bad at damaging the boss when a hunter.
Mortis has a rather unique strategy in Robo Rumble. He can lead robos around to buy some time for his team and keep their attention away from the safe. This can’t go on forever, however, as the robos pick up speed after being alive for 90 seconds. In addition, starting with wave 2, some small, high-speed robots spawn which can easily catch up to Mortis.
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!