Gem Grab Guide
Gem Grab is a 3-versus-3 (3v3) team game mode where players compete to secure 10 crystals for their team. Players can collect crystals either from the crystal mine found at the middle of the map or by defeating enemies that have gathered crystals for their team. A 15-second countdown will begin when a team has collected 10 crystals. To stop the countdown, the opposing team must kill players from the enemy team to bring their crystal below 10. Alternatively, a team can stop the countdown by also gathering 10 crystals. The countdown will then only begin when one team holds more crystals than the other.
- The gems spawn in a crystal mine at the center of the map. There will be two gems at the start of the match.
- A gem will come out of the mine 3-4 seconds after a violet hue shines through the entrance of the mine. There is a 2-3 seconds interval after the gem spawns before the hue shines again.
- Players and teams can gather gems beyond 10 to either better secure their lead or settle ties.
- Take advantage of the early game’s first two gems. The enemy team will likely be moving straight for them and thereby can be easily shot.
- Use the element of surprise and go around the map to try and ambush the enemy team. Don’t go straight through the middle, especially if you are using a short-ranged brawler.
- Don’t get too aggressive when in the lead. It is much harder to recover dropped crystals from the enemy’s side of the map.
- Don’t panic if the countdown starts for the opposing team. Calmly move forward and make an attack on the majority gem holder to stop the countdown.
- Immediately retreat once the countdown starts for your team. If you have most of the gems, run away and hide in the bushes or behind cover. If you don’t have any gems, keep the enemy busy by attacking them head on and drawing their fire.
|Pam||Pam is an excellent gem carrier. She can take a lot of damage and her healing turret does wonders when placed in a secured spot. This gives her team a nice recovery spot and better secures her team’s gems.|
|Barley||Barley is a good Area-of-Effect damage brawler as his attacks create a puddle which damages to enemies who step on it. This is a great way of punishing anyone who tries to move to pick up gems.|
|Poco||Poco’s basic attacks have a very wide range, making him perfect in any gem grab map. His super’s heal is very well suited to team maps and can be key in keeping gem carriers alive.|
|Crow||Crow is an excellent offensive brawler in Gem Grab. His super attack allows him to jump safely away from conflict after scooping gems up. This additionally keeps enemies from being completely safe, he able to vault over any cover they may be relying on.|
|Ricochet||The maps in Gem Grab are rather small, which make Ricochet a great fit in this game mode. His basic and super attack bounces off of obstacles. A great Ricochet player would be able to kill enemies who are trying to hide behind walls or in grass with ease.|
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!