Robo Rumble is a team game mode where three (3) players must work together to protect a safe against multiple waves of robot enemies for the longest time possible. The game ends when the robots succeed in destroying the safe. Players will earn keys depending on how long they keep the safe intact (though trophies cannot be obtained in this game mode).
- The teams start at the bottom of the map where the safe is placed. Blocks are situated all around the battlefield, but there is a noticeable absence of bushes for players to hide in.
- The safe has 30,000 health.
- Brawlers will respawn 10 seconds after dying, which is considerably longer than in other game modes. This means that the robots will be able to significantly damage the safe when players are still waiting to respawn (dying is very costly for your team goal of defending the safe for as long as you can).
- A wave counter will appear at the start of the match to indicate how far the team has gone in defending the safe. Waves spawn every 13 seconds, regardless if the team has cleared the previous one. This means that it is possible for the team to get swarmed if they do not manage the waves efficiently.
- The number of robots per wave is detailed below.
|Wave||No. of Robots|
|8||2 (resets pattern but enemies have enhanced health and damage, continues up to wave 27)|
|28||5 (enemies no longer gain enhanced health and damage from here on)|
- Note that a boss robot will spawn at waves 7, 14 and 21. After each boss, the number of robots to spawn at the next wave will reset to 2 again and follow the same pattern of increase, spawning one more robot every 2 waves until another boss wave is reached (to which it will reset to 2 again). Note that after every wave “reset” (meaning after every boss wave), robots will have increased health and damage. This pattern goes on up to wave 27. At wave 28 however, the Boss Robo will not spawn. Instead, 5 robots will now be fought, increasing by one again every 2 waves from there onward. Note that the robot’s enhanced health and damage caps at wave 22 and will remain throughout the entirety of the game.
- To get the most number of keys in Robo Rumble (32 keys), the team must keep the safe intact for 6 minutes and 15 seconds or longer. This is around wave 27 in-game.
- There are 4 types of robot enemies that will spawn in the map, as described below.
|Shooter Robo (Ranged)||Has the most range. Fires a bullet straight at the target and stationary when doing so. Balanced in terms of health and movement speed.||3000/5400/6900/10080|
|Boxer Robo (Melee)||Has short attack range, slow movement but high health and attack speed. Can perform a charge attack similar to Bull as a gap closer to get in melee range.||4800/6800/11000/16200|
|Mini Robo (Mobility)||Fastest movement speed of all the robots but has short attack range (melee). Will spawn after players get past the first boss wave.||5400/6900/10080|
|Boss Robo (Ranged and Melee)||Slowest movement speed out of all the robots, but has the most health and damage. Can throw a punch at close range (melee) and shoot 5 rockets (ranged) that hit a wide conical area.||43000/55000/65000|
*Health values are for waves 1, 8, 15 and 22 in order except in the case of the Boss Robo where the displayed values are for waves 7, 14, and 21. Mini Robo only spawns after the first boss wave and follows the health of the Shooter Robo.
- A very interesting exploit (though quite tricky to pull off) to reach the longest time possible is to have Mortis on your team. When the match begins, have the two other Brawlers stand behind the safe (basically just staying put and guarding the safe) while Mortis runs to the middle of the map and kites the waves of robots that spawn by himself. Try not to damage any of the robots from the start of the game and no more will spawn after the first boss wave commences. This means that you will no longer encounter “enhanced” robots while also preventing the mini robot from spawning at all. Note that this strategy is highly dependent on the configuration of the map (where it may either be easier for Mortis to run from bosses continuously or not).
- It is generally recommended to bring the fight away from the safe since the robots prioritize killing the Brawlers rather than attacking the safe if it is not nearby. The robots will only directly attack the safe if no Brawlers are present to defend it or if the Brawlers are extremely close to the safe. Also, dying far from the safe means that the robots will have to trek all the way down, giving you some time to respawn and defend it again.
- Ranged Brawlers with high damage-per-second (DPS) will have the easiest time managing the waves in Robo Rumble. Melee Brawlers will need to get up close and trade damage with enemies (and are outright at a disadvantage against the Shooter and Boss Robos), causing them to mostly struggle in this game mode.
|Mortis||Mortis is only viable when employing the strategy of kiting the waves by himself to last the longest possible time in Robo Rumble. It is also worth mentioning that it is quite difficult to consistently dodge a swarm of the robots, especially if the map offers very little room for Mortis to get out of harm’s way.|
|Pam||Pam is well-suited for Robo Rumble and is able to stack tons of damage when her Srcapstorm’s spread hits clumped up enemies. Her usefulness shines even more by being able to set-up a healing station with her Mama’s Kiss Super Attack to help her teammates pull through from a dire situation.|
|Barley||Similar to Pam, Barley is able to manage waves effectively because of his AoE attack that continuously damages enemies standing on the affected area. This means that it is good to use him against clumps of Shooter Robos who attack from a distance and just standing where they are until you get out of range.|
|Colt||Colt’s simple mechanics of attacking in a line makes him ideal for trying to funnel enemies as they come to you. If the map has good spots for lining up the waves, Colt is the most efficient in dealing with them.|
Brawl Stars Recommended Article List
- Learn to play in our Beginner's Guide!
- Read strategy on any Brawler in the game!
- Find out the best Brawlers in our Tier Lists!
- Check out how to obtain Star Tokens!
- View the game's latest Patch Notes!