Square Enix previously released a trailer for the upcoming release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition. The trailer presents the game’s newest features such as a free-to-play “Lite” version and new gameplay enhancements
The free-to-play “Lite” version of the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition will be out day and date with the full game’s release.
This version can be played online up to four players regardless of platform (PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, IOS, and Android). Also, this version can also be played in single-player. If all four players are using the “Lite” version, they can play up to the first three dungeons.
In addition, Square Enix confirmed that PlayStation Plus and Nintendo Switch Online are needed for online multiplayer.
If one player has purchased a full game, he/she can play together with his party in in up to 13 dungeons.
The Remastered Edition, both lite and full version, has a save transfer option between platforms as well. This is to ensure players can seamlessly continue their progress in the magical fantasy adventure.
Multiple gameplay enhancements will be added to the Remastered Version apart from the previously announced, “Mimic Feature”.
These gameplay enhancements includes:
- Quick Chat – New tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – A new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronize and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
- UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – After finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – Over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
For more latest news and guides, visit our Final Famtasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition page!
Other Strategy Guides
|New Features||Data Transfer||Permanent Events|
|Things to Do First||Game Controls||Races|
|Family Letters||Cycle Changes||Status Effects|
|Multiplayer||iOS and Android Specs||-|
|All Secret Item Locations||All Artifact Locations||All Moogle House Locations|
|All Material Locations||All Crafting Scroll Locations||All Mimic Skins|
|Cow Racing||Selkie Jump||Blazin’ Caravans|
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Remastered Edition Guides|
|News and Features||Races||Walkthroughs|
|Side Quests||Bosses||Strategy Guides|
|Collectibles||Mini Games||Game Database|