New Game Plus
New Game Plus is a game mode unlocked after clearing the main story and clearing the Anise’s Stockade post-game story route.
- Level, training points, equipment, Lucre, and number of Li’l Cactus found are carried over.
- Skills, spells, and abilities, and classes are not carried over (training points are retained but are reset).
- Key items and tier 4 class items are not carried over
- Unlocked the chain ability Love of Mana that grants a 300% multiplier to EXP for characters after defeating enemies in battle.
- Unlocked unique chain abilities that grant a 50-point increase to one of a character’s stats (varies from character to character)
|Duran||Spirit Bond||Base defense +50|
|Angela||Passion Bond||Magic attack +50.|
|Kevin||Instinct Bond||Attack +50.|
|Charlotte||Sincere Bond||Magic defense +50|
|Hawkeye||Fellow Bond||Luck +50|
|Riesz||Faith Bond||HP +200|
Things to do in New Game Plus
Play through other character story routes
Because of the significant increase in EXP gained in New Game Plus, characters that you have not played through can easily gain levels by replaying the main story. Note that enemies in this mode are the same as those in your first playthrough, making it very easy to finish the game again especially if you bring along a high-level character with your newly-formed party.
Farm Item Seeds
You can farm item seeds if you missed out on any powerful equipment obtained from the magic pot. By the time you reach Anise’s Stockade again, you will likely be in a high enough level to clear enemies quickly to farm seeds faster than in your first playthrough.
Defeat the Black Rabite
The Black Rabite is a hidden superboss which is best attempted with a high-level party. This makes New Game Plus the best opportunity to challenge the Black Rabite, allowing you to obtain the powerful chain ability Obsidian Power which makes all moves cost 0 MP.
The Black Rabite also has a chance to drop an item called a Moogle Pin. This lets you inflict or cure any characters of the “moogle” status.
What’s not in New Game+
Below is a list of features that you can’t carry over when starting a file on New Game+:
- Abilities from the training screen and Training points
Trials of Mana Remake Recommended Article List
|▼Trials of Mana Remake Recommended Guides|
|Walkthroughs||Character Guides||Boss Guides|
|Strategy Guides||Classes||Class Tier List|
|Best Parties||Best Classes||Best Equipment|