Patch 1.05 is Now Live
Ghost of Tsushima’s version update 1.05 has been released, bringing some new features and enhancements to an already stellar title. Players will now be able to access the hardest difficulty mode called Lethal, enable Lower Intensity Combat, and some subtitle text changes.
Details on update 1.05 where previously posted on the official Sucker Punch Productions Twitter page indicated below.
Later today, Patch 1.05 for #GhostOfTsushima will be released, adding a new Lethal difficulty level, a new option for Lower Intensity combat, and new text settings.
— Ghost of Tsushima ???? OUT NOW (@SuckerPunchProd) July 27, 2020
Lethal difficulty is for players seeking an even greater challenge beyond Hard mode and drastically ups the mechanical skill required to defeat enemies in combat or stealth. Below are the changes applied when playing on Lethal difficulty.
- Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- Enemies detect you faster
- Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower Intensity Combat is a new game setting that makes various timing-specific combat and stealth mechanics more lenient while preserving the game’s immersive experience. Below are the changes applied with Lower Intensity Combat enabled.
- Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled.
- Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
A few text changes have also been added in update 1.05 which mostly allow you to tweak the displayed dialogue of characters during cutscenes and real-time events.
- Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Visit Samurai Gamers’ Ghost of Tsushima Walkthrough and Guide Page for more news and updates!
Ghost of Tsushima Recommended Article List
|▼Ghost of Tsushima Recommended Articles|
|News and Features||Walkthroughs||Bosses|
|Characters||Strategy Guides||Game Database|