This is a Mass Effect Andromeda lore article on Mass Effect Fields. Here you’ll find information about the deep lore contained in Mass Effect Andromeda. (Mass Effect Fields)
For more Mass Effect Andromeda content, head over to our Andromeda top page.
You might also like:
Mass Effect Field Lore
“Element zero can increase or decrease the mass of a volume of space-time when subjected to an electrical current. With a positive current, mass is increased. With a negative current, mass is decreased. The stronger the current, the greater the magnitude of the dark energy mass effect.
In space, low-mass fields allow FTL travel and inexpensive surface-to-orbit transit. High-mass fields create artificial gravity and push space debris away from vessels. In manufacturing, low-mass fields permit the creation of evenly blended alloys, while high mass compaction creates dense, sturdy construction materials.
The military makes extensive use of mobility enhancing technologies, with mass effect utilizing fighting vehicles standard front-line issue in most military forces. Mass effect fields are also essential in the creation of kinetic barriers or shields to protect against enemy fire.”
~ Mass Effect Codex, “Mass Effect Fields”
- Element Zero, a substance found in the Milky Way, has some amazing properties when subjected to electricity.
- Mass either increases or decreases depending on the positivity or negativity of the current. This is called a Mass Effect Field.
- This has many, many, many applications for humanity and the other species.
- Low-mass fields allow for FTL travel and transportation.
- High-mass fields allow for artifical gravity and protect spaceships.
- Mass Effect fields allow for the creation of barriers and shields against enemy fire.