Table of Contents
Obtaining Dusk Form Lycanroc from Rockruff
A new evolution of Rockruff was discovered in Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon: Dusk Form Lycanroc.
Dusk Form Lycanroc cannot evolve from a normal Rockruff. In order to evolve into Lycanroc, a limited-edition Rockruff is required.
How to obtain limited-edition Rockruff
Special Rockruff will only be available for a limited time. The period will be distributed on the Internet from Friday, November 17, 2017, to Wednesday, January 10, 2018. It can be obtained from any place with a wi-fi environment.
For more information on how to receive online benefits, click here.
How to obtain Dusk Form Lycanroc
After obtaining the special Rockruff by the method above, level up your Rockruff to Lv.25 or above in order to evolve into its Dusk Form.
You can evolve Rockruff up to Lv.24 in advance.
Troubleshooting when Rockruff doesn’t evolve
One possible cause is the time in-game is not at 5:00-5:59 PM.
- Talk to the master of the cafe space and check the time.
- If you’re told that the time is now 5 PM, the time is between 5:00 and 5:59 PM.
- Check the 3DS Clock.
- Click the HOME button at the bottom of the 3DS’s bottom LCD. The date and time are displayed on the top right of the upper screen. If you’re playing the Ultra Sun version, you’ll have no problem if the time is between 5:00 and 5:59 PM.
- However, when you are playing the Ultra Moon version, the time in the game and the time of the 3DS main unit are off by 12 hours. Therefore, you should level up Rockruff between 5:00 and 5:59 AM.
Obtaining Dusk Form Lycanroc by Exploit
Although players originally could only obtain Dusk Form Lycanroc through the special Rockruff, players found a mass production method.
Evolving into Dusk Form Lycanroc involves the ability “Own Tempo.”
Therefore, the original Rockruff cannot evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc as it has different abilities. In other words, if the characteristics of the Rockruff include “Own Tempo,” Dusk Form Lycanroc can be mass-produced!
How to mass produce Rockruff with Own Tempo
In order to increase your “Own Tempo” Rockruff, you still need to acquire a Special Rockruff.
- Get special Rockruff
- Deposit Special Rockruff and Ditto at the Pokemon Nursery.
After a time, come back to receive some Rockruff eggs.