Genichiro, Way of Tomoe Boss Guide
|Number of Deathblow Markers||1|
|Appearance||Ashina Reservoir – Secret Passage|
- Defeating Genichiro Ashina is easier if you try to fill up his posture gauge rather than lower his HP.
- Filling up his posture gauge is a quick way to take him out, since most of his attacks can be parried.
- The first chance you have to counter is after his jumping attack. Avoid the move by sidestepping then prepare to attack.
↑ Jump attacks can be avoided by sidestepping. This attack is easy to identify due to its obvious attacking motion.
↑ Since Genichiro is slow to recover from the move, you can land one or two hits.
- After the first attack, he may do two types of offensive moves.
↑ Genichiro holds his blade to the left to telegraph an incoming dangerous attack. Prepare to use the Mikiri Counter.
↑ You can also use Mikiri attack on the dangerous dive attack. This move’s timing can easily be grasped.
↑ Once you counter, you can land one or two strikes.
- Another chance for you to attack is after Genichiro’s giant slash. Go to the left and avoid the strikes in order to counter.
↑ Approach and step to the left. Avoid the wave produced by Genichiro’s blade. He may follow this up with another wave slash. Perform a sidestep again to avoid the attack.
↑ You can attack him from behind after his attack.
- The fourth attack is dangerous sweeping slash.
↑ Avoid this perilous move by jumping. Attack once he is done.
|Genichiro holds his blade to the left and prepares a thrust attack toward Sekiro. Can be Mikiri countered.|
|The boss jumps and rushes toward Sekiro.|
Low Sweeping Slash
|The swordsman performs a sweeping slash which has a wide range. Can be avoided by jumping.|
|Jumping||Jumps and slashes downward. Has an opening to counter once avoided.|
|Arrow Shot||Genichiro shoots an arrow when Sekiro is far away. May use more than once.|
|Giant Slash||Imbues the blade with a black aura and slashes, producing a stationary wave that deals damage.|
Other Boss Guides
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Recommended Article List
|Walkthroughs||Boss Guides||Useful Information|
|Beginner's Guide||Basic Information||Game Database|
|Characters||NPC List||Trophy List|