Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade Hard Mode
Hard Mode is a new game mode which can be accessed after clearing the main story on any difficulty. Character levels, equipment, and materia from your first playthrough will be carried over in Hard Mode.
Changes in Hard Mode
Hard Mode features a number of changes that make it more challenging when going through chapters of the main story again.
- Powerful enemies even very early on in the game.
- Greatly increased EXP and AP obtained in battle (x3 EXP and x2 AP)
- Consumable items cannot be used in and out of battle.
- Only HP is restored when resting, not MP.
- New challenges in Shinra Combat Simulator that reward rare items.
- Pride and Joy Secret Boss in the Shinra Combat Simulator in Chapter 17 (after clearing all Battle Intel Reports, Corneo Colosseum battle challenges, and all prior Shinra Combat Simulator battle challenges)
How to Clear Hard Mode
Recovering HP and MP
Since you will not be able to use items to recover HP and MP, you will need to resort to other methods to go through Hard Mode. To restore HP, your only option is to either rest frequently or use healing magic with the aid of Magnify. MP, meanwhile, can only be recharged by finding Mako shards in Shinra crates.
For weapons, it is recommended to link magic materia with the elemental support materia. This allows you to exploit the elemental weakness of enemies without casting spells. Use your MP for healing or revive spells instead.
Defeat tough enemies to obtain Manuscripts
Bosses and side quests are quite similar for the reason that they tend lead to fighting tough enemies. Complete one of these to score Skill Points or SP. When a party member gets SP, his weapon unlocks a new core. The extra core comes with useful abilities that enhance the member’s skills in combat.
Make use of Reprieve
Reprieve is an ability that allows the character to withstand an attack that would otherwise knock him out. Having reprieve can be handy against formidable opponents like juggling multiple enemies on boss fights. The downside is that the ability can only be used once per battle.
Use Pray as a last resort
When you’re struggling to fill the MP but are in dire need to restore allies’ HP, you can opt to use the Pray materia. The materia requires some ATB charge but it gets the job done when playing on a mode with scarce MP.