Akala Island Lana’s Trial Walkthrough
This walkthrough covers Akala Island Part 1 from the island’s introduction up to Lana’s Trials for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon.
- Hau’oli City
- Alola Photo Club
- Route 2
- Mantine Surf
- Heahea City
- Battle with Dexio/Sina
- Route 4
- Paniola Town
- Battle with Hau
- Paniola Ranch
- Getting Stoutland Ride Pager
- Route 5
- Battle with Gladion
- Brooklet Hill
- Getting Lapras Ride Pager
- Totem Pokemon Battle (Wishiwashi)
- Getting Waterium Z-Crystal
- The Alola Photo Club event occurs on the south side of Hau’oli City.
- When you go outside (which leads to Route 2), a cutscene occurs.
- A cutscene occurs at the start of Route 2.
- A cutscene also occurs upon entering Big Wave Beach. A new Ride Pager, Mantine Surf, will be given to you after the cutscene.
- Head to Heahea City (Akala Island).
- Head south to reach Heahea City.
- A cutscene occurs after reaching Heahea City.
- After the cutscene, go to the front of the boutique and talk to Lillie.
- After talking to her, go to the hotel and cutscene with Dexio and Sina occurs. If you are playing Ultra Sun you will battle Dexio, but if you are playing Ultra Moon you will battle Sina.
Trainer Battle: Dexio (Ultra Sun)/Sina (Ultra Moon)
- Dexio uses a Lv.15 Slowpoke and a Lv.16 Espeon.
- Sina uses a Lv.15 Smoochum and a Lv.15 Glaceon. The fight is easier if you have an Alolan Diglett.
|Full Restore||After the battle with Dexio or Sina||–|
|Revive||At the hotel||–|
|Fresh Water||At the hotel||–|
- Head to the end of the route and go to Paniola Town.
|Yungoos||Grass||Only at daytime|
|Great Ball||Route 4||–|
|Tiny Mushroom||Route 4||–|
|Energy Root||Route 4||–|
- Hau challenges you to a battle once you reach Paniola Town.
Trainer Battle: Hau
- Unlike in Pokemon Sun and Moon, Hau has an expanded team of a Pikachu, Noibat, Eevee, and either Dartrix, Brionne, or Torracat depending on your starter. His Pikachu has Static so if you have special attacks, that would work best against Pikachu.
- Hau gives you 680 Pokedollars and a Dire Hit once you beat him.
- Head to the west side of the city and help the person there who is attacked by Team Skull.
|Moomoo Milk||Talk to a person found to the west of the city||–|
|Dire Hit||Given by Hau after battle||–|
|TM88 (Pluck)||Go to the 6th road of Paniola Town and head left||–|
- At the end of the Ohana Ranch, talk to Mallow and she will give you a Ride Pager Stoutland
- Talk to the person at the northwest of the ranch and that person will give you a Wide Lens after battle.
- Head east and go to the side of the store to reach Route 5,
|Wild Pokemon||Possible Level||Notes|
|Fresh Water||West of the ranch||–|
|Wide Lens||Given after battle||–|
|Adrenaline Orb||Talk to the woman to the east of the ranch||–|
|Amulet Coin||Behind the red truck where you see a guy doing sit ups. It’s right by three crates stacked against the house.||–|
|Madame||Pokemon Breeder 1||Pokemon Breeder 2|
- Head towards the end of the route and a battle with Team Skull’s Gladion occurs.
Trainer Battle: Gladion
- Gladion starts the battle with a Level 17 Zorua which first appears as a Level 17 Zubat. Defeat the Zorua with fighting moves before whittling down the Zubat with either Rock type moves or Electric type moves. His last pokemon is Type Null which you can defeat with Fighting Type moves.
- Hau gives you three Revives for helping him.
- Head to Brooklet Hill.
|Diglett (Alola)||Route 5||–|
|Twins||Pokemon Breeder 1||Pokemon Breeder 2|
|Rising Star Duo||–||–|
- Lana, the Akala Island Trial Captain, will meet you at the floating bridge on Brooklet Hill. Cross the bridge and speak to her to start the trial.
- Go through the grassy area. A cutscene with Lana starts as she explains the mechanics of the Akala Island Trial. She asks you to investigate the splashing that is coming from the lake. She registers a Lapras in your Ride Pager, so ride the Lapras to the splashing in the middle of the lake and inspect it.
- Keep removing the vigorous splashing until you finally reach the end. The lakes form a line so it’s easy to follow the path down.
- Be sure your party has full health to take on the Akala Island Totem Pokemon challenge ahead.
Akala Island Totem Pokemon Encounter – Araquanid Lv. 20
- Welcome to the main event of the Akala Island walkthrough! When the battle starts, Araquanid will gain a stage 1 speed boost. If you attack the Araquanid with an electric attack, it’ll eat the Wacan Berry to lower the incoming damage.
- If you have Rockruff, it should have Thunder Fang to deal heavy damage. This should also be easy if you picked Rowlet as your starter pokemon.
- Araquanid will also send out SOS calls, calling a Dewpider to aid it during battle.
- Watch out for your health and keep dishing out super effective attacks to defeat Araquanid. After that, you’ll have finished the first Totem Trial for Akala Island.
- Lana will then call you back to her and she’ll give you the Waterium Z, a fishing rod, and 10 Dive Balls.
|Ride Pager Lapras||After talking to the trial captain||–|
|Waterium Z||After completing the trial||–|
|Fishing Rod||After completing the trial||–|
|Dive Balls x10||After completing the trial||–|
|Fisherman 1||Fisherman 2||Fisherman 3|
|<< Previous : Melemele Island Walkthrough||Akala Island Walkthrough Part 2 : Next >>|