Akala Island Part 1 Walkthrough
This walkthrough covers Akala Island Part 1 from the island’s introduction up to Lana’s Trials for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon.
Note: The information contained here are taken from Pokemon Sun and Moon. We will be updating them when Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon comes out.
|Zygarde Cube||Near Dexio, after defeating Sina’s challenge|
|Rare Candy||Near the lady across the street from the Tourist Bureau|
|Pokémon Trainer Sina||Delibird (Lv.15)
- Kukui’s boat will dock at Heahea City at the start of Akala Island Part 1. Akala Island’s kahuna, Olivia, will greet you when you land. She is accompanied by Mallow, one of the the island’s three Trial Captains.
- Walk towards the path ahead and enter the Akala Island Tourist Bureau. You can give your Pokemon nicknames by going to the Name Rater at the top right corner of the bureau, you can go back to the Name Rater even after the Akala Island Part 1 story. Exit the Tourist Bureau and get the Rare Candy from the woman on the other side of the street.
- Meet Lillie in front of the store and speak to her. She mentions something about Tapu Lele, the guardian of Akala Island, you will meet this Pokemon at a later time and not during Akala Island Part 1.
- The road ahead is blocked by a trainer riding a Stoutland, so you need to find another way across. Walk back to the Akala Island Pokemon Center’s corner, then go up to the hotel.
- A couple approaches once you get to the marker, and introduce themselves as Dexio and Sina. Dexio challenges you in Pokemon Sun, while Sina challenges you in Moon; you must win the challenge to get to Akala Island Route 4.
- Sina rewards you 2240 pokedollars once you beat her, while Dexio hands over a key item – the Zygarde Cube. You can use this to collect Zygarde Cores and Cells throughout Alola in order to assemble the legendary Pokemon.
- Proceed to Akala Island Route 4, but make sure that your Pokemon are in great condition before proceeding to the next area for Akala Island Part 1.
|Great Ball||Go right from the start of the route|
|Tiny Mushroom||At the dead-end path with the rock sticking up|
|Zygarde Cell||Climb the slope in the middle of Route 4. The location will have green sparkles coming out of it.|
|Revive||Behind the trainer wearing a blue shirt|
|Adrenaline Orb||Jump from a ledge in the middle of Route 4.|
|Energy Root||Near the trainer cook|
|Berries||Go up from where you found the Energy Root|
|Bellhop Jody||Drifloon (Lv.14)||560 pokedollars|
|Collector Bryan||Munchlax (Lv.13)
|Sightseer Scotty||Rattata (Lv.14)||840 pokedollars|
|Cook Ernie||Cutiefly (Lv.14)||560 pokedollars|
- From the start of Akala Island Route 4, move to the right. There’s a trainer waiting at the grass, but you can easily avoid him. Get the Great Ball lying on the ground, between the flowers and the big plant.
- Go up and into the area with a rock sticking out at the end of the path. Inspect the rock to obtain a Tiny Mushroom.
- Climb the slope to the left. There are green sparkles coming from the ground near one edge. Inspect it to get a Zygarde Cell. Sina calls you through the Rotom Dex when you get the Zygarde Cell.
- Move towards the trainer to the left. Stay close to the wall so he won’t see you. Get the Revive located behind him.
- Go up the path and head right, then take the path below a trainer in the area and jump off the ledge. Pick up the Adrenaline Orb on the lower ground. Move back up to the path, and go down again.
- A trainer is waiting for you at the path, so time your movements whenever he’s not looking in order to avoid him.
- Go right then down into the grassy area. Pick up the Energy Root at the end of the path. A Berry Tree is at the other end, but a Crabrawler will appear once you get a berry.
- Proceed to Paniola Town of Akala Island, and prepare for another trainer battle.
|Quick Ball||Talk to all of the Magmar inside Akala Island Captain Kiawe’s house.
The last one will give you a Quick Ball.
|Revive||Buried beside the cart of hay
at the upper left corner of the town
|Fresh Water||Beside the pond|
- Hau challenges you to a battle once you’re in Paniola Town on Akala Island. He uses a Pikachu paired with either Dartrix, Torracat, or Brionne.
- Hau gives you 680 Pokedollars and a Dire Hit once you beat him.
- Before leaving Paniola Town, talk to all of the Magmar inside Akala Island Captain Kiawe’s house (the house beside the Pokemon Center). The last Magmar will give you a Quick Ball. You can go back to this if you missed it during Akala Island Part 1.
- Head to Paniola Ranch, but heal your Pokemon before proceeding at the next area for Akala Island Part 1.
|Moomoo Milk||Inside the area where Mallow upgrades your Ride Pager (Moomoo Paddock)|
|Repel||Inside the area where Mallow upgrades your Ride Pager (Moomoo Paddock)|
|Zygarde Cell||Beside the tall ramp with the barrels.|
|Fresh Water||Inside the area where Mallow upgrades your Ride Pager|
|Super Repel||In the grassy area below the big ramp|
|Oval Stone||In the enclosed area with the barrels|
|Big Mushroom||In the grassy area beside the red truck|
|Amulet Coin||Behind the red truck|
|Ether||Go down from where you found the Zygarde Cell.|
|Pokemon Breeder Glenn||Mudbray (Lv.15)||600 pokedollars|
|Pokemon Breeder Amanda||Lillipup (Lv.14)
|Gentleman Gerald||Sableye (Lv.15)||3000 pokedollars|
- Go up the path once you enter Paniola Ranch, then Speak to the man near the end of the path and he will take you to the Akala Island Captain who turns out to be Mallow, the Trial Captain you met earlier.
- Mallow registers a Stoutland in your Ride Pager, the first Pokemon registered to your Pager for Akala Island Part 1. Riding the Stoutland lets you find buried items in the area. Mallow tells you to go to Brooklet Hill, which you can go to by passing through Akala Island Route 5.
- Leave the Moomoo Paddock and head to the main road in Paniola Ranch. Walk into the grassy area in front of you, then go along the fence to the corner to get a Zygarde Cell. Walk back and climb up the tall ramp, and another Zygarde Cell is on the other side.
- Talk to the one of the girls in the nursery to get TM10 (Hidden Power). She can also tell the type of Hidden Power each member of your team will have if given TM10. Leave the nursery once you’re done.
- If you are searching for items with your Stoutland, it will alert you to an object buried in the area in front of the Nursery. Hop off the Stoutland and enter the space with the broken fence and barrels. Inspect the lower one to get an Oval Stone.
- The road splits near the Nursery, so take the road going up to reach Brooklet Hill (which is the next area for Akala Island Part 1). However, before proceeding, get the Amulet Coin from behind the red truck parked near the signpost.
- You can take pictures of a Pokemon for Akala Island Part 1 at the left side of the road, and once you’re done, head to Akala Island Route 5.