Ulaula Island Sophocles’ Trial Walkthrough
Click here to go to our Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon Walkthrough Directory!
- Malie City
- Battle your rival Hau.
- Encounter Lillie.
- Visit the Malie City public library.
- Optional Areas
- Explore the Outer Cape.
- Route 10
- Defeat Team Skull.
- Take the bus.
- Mount Hokulani
- Challenge Pokemon Trainer Molayne.
- Hokulani Observatory
- Take the Electric-type trial.
- Return to Malie City.
- After completing all the trials, use Charizard to leave and make your way back to Heahea City.
- When you arrive at Heahea City, make your way to Hano Grand Resort.
Hano Grand Resort
- Once you enter, an Aether Paradise Employee will approach you and a conversation will ensue.
- If you answer yes, you’ll immediately be taken to Aether Paradise.
- When you reach Aether Paradise, you’ll speak to Wicke.
- While talking to her, the Ultra Beast Nihilego (Lv 29) will attack. Because Nihilego’s an Ultra Beast, it has a bit of a boost. You can use a Z move to finish it off easy.
- Once you defeat Nihilego, the Ultra Recon Squad will appear and a conversation will ensure.
- After the battle, you’ll receive TM29 (Psychic) from Wicke.
- Once you receive TM29 from Wicke, make your way to Malie City.
|TM29 (Psychic)||Received from Wicke after defeating Nihilego.|
- Once you arrive in Malie City, you’ll encounter Hau who will challenge you to a battle.
- After defeating him, you’ll receive a Lycanium Z. After that, make your way up to Malie Garden.
|Starter Pokemon||Hau’s Team|
|Popplio||Torracat (Lv 30), Raichu (Alola) (Lv 28), Eevee (Lv 28), Noibat (Lv 28), Tauros (Lv 28)|
|Litten||Dartrix (Lv 30), Raichu (Alola) (Lv 28), Eevee (Lv 28), Noibat (Lv 28), Tauros (Lv 28)|
|Rowlet||Brionne (Lv 30), Raichu (Alola) (Lv 28), Eevee (Lv 28), Noibat (Lv 28), Tauros (Lv 28)|
Defeating Hau isn’t hard as long as you know how to counter his pokemon. Fighting type attacks can handle Eevee and Tauros. Noibat can take damage from Ice attacks and your starter pokemon can beat his.
|Lycanium Z||Defeat Hau and win it as a reward.|
- Head to the tea house at the north side of the map.
- Speak to Professor Kukui in the tea room.
- A cutscene will ensue and redirect you to Malie City.
|Alolan Meowth||Grass Patches|
|TM73 (Thunder Wave)||End of the Northwest side of the map.|
- After to speaking to Lillie on the main road, head to the Malie Library at the northwest portion of the city.
- Once you reach the library, an event between you, Lillie, and Hapu will ensue.
- Follow Lillie up to the second floor to talk to Acerola.
- After that, head to Route 10 outside of Malie City.
|Happiny||Trade a Pancham|
|TM76 (Fly)||Talk to the Johto tourist inside the library|
|TM21 (Frustration)||Interact with the Oranguru during the evening at the Malasada Shop|
|TM27 (Return)||Interact with the Oranguru during the evening at the Malasada Shop|
- Once you make your way through Route 10, you’ll have to battle a Team Skull Grunt.
- Defeat the Team Skull Grunt and speak to Dr. Kukui. You’ll then be redirected to Mt. Hokulani.
|Super Potion||North side of the grass near the Firefighter Trainer.|
|Max Revive||Grass patch northwest near an elderly trainer.|
|Fire Fighter||Old Woman||Police Officer|
- Once you reach Mt. Hokulani Observatory, talk to Professor Kukui and Molayne. After speaking to them, they’ll give you the Steelium Z in reward.
|Office Worker Jessica||Hiker Thomas||Golfer Sky|
|Collector Todd||Veteran Akira|
|TM72(Volt Switch)||Check the northeast cliff|
|TM95(Snarl)||Defeat Veteran Akira|
|Moon Ball||Talk to Samson Oak|
|Fast Ball||Inspect the road leading down the hill|
- Head deeper into the observatory to start with the first part.
- You’ll have to answer a few questions to get past the security. When you do, Sophocles starts the trial.
- Once the trial begins, you’ll have to deal with the puzzle.
- Puzzle Answers:
First time: 1 upper left switch, 1 right upper switch.
Second time: 1 lower left switch, 2 lower right switch.
Third time: 1 lower left switch, 1 upper right switches, 2 upper left switches
- Once you solve the puzzle, you’ll have to fight the Totem Pokemon: Togedemaru.
Ula’ula Totem Pokemon: Togedemaru
- To defeat Togedemaru, throw Ground type attacks at it. It’s also weak against Fighting and Fire attacks due to it being half Steel type.
- Once you defeat it, you’ll receive the Electrium Z for completing the trial.
|Steelium Z||Speak to Molayne at the entrance of Mt. Hokulani.|
|Electrium Z||Defeat Togedemaru.|
|<< Previous : Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3||Ula’ula Island Walkthrough Part 2 : Next >>|