Ulaula Island Part 1: Walkthrough
This page contains the Walkthrough for Ulaula Island Part 1: Walkthrough in Pokemon Sun and Moon. Bear in mind that the walkthrough is subject to change in the future. Stay tuned when the game comes out for additional content for this Island’s Walkthrough.
Note: The information and images contained here are taken form Pokemon sun and Moon. We will be updating them when Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon comes out.
Click here to go to our Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon Walkthrough Directory!
Ulaula Island Part 1: Pokemon Trainer Encounter
|If your starter is||Hau will use|
|Rowlet||Brionne (Lv 29)
Flareon (Lv 28)
Alolan Raichu (Lv 28)
|Litten||Dartrix (Lv 29)
Vaporeon (Lv 28)
Alolan Raichu (Lv 28)
|Popplio||Torracat (Lv 29)
Leafeon (Lv 28)
Alolan Raichu (Lv 28)
- Ulaula Island Part 1 will commence once you arrive at island destination.
- On your first step to the Ulaula Island Part 1’s island grounds, Hau will challenge you to a Pokemon battle.
- Prior to the fight however, he will ask if you are ready for it.
- Once you defeat him, head left past the Ulaula Island Part 1’s Pokémon Center, then go up to enter Malie Garden, the second location for Ulaula Island Part 1.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Malie Garden
|Masquerain||24 ~ 27 (night)|
|Alolan Meowth||24 ~ 27|
|Poliwag||24 ~ 27|
|Ariados||24 ~ 27 (night)|
|Petilil **||24 ~ 27|
|Araquanid||24 ~ 27|
|Ledian||24 ~ 27|
|Cottonee *||24 ~ 27|
|Goldeen||24 ~ 27|
|Magikarp||24 ~ 27|
* Exclusive to Pokémon Sun
** Exclusive to Pokémon Moon
|Luxury Ball||A nook in the southwest corner of the garden|
|Grassy Seed||From the entrance, walk along the the wall on the right.|
|Rage Candy Bar||Under the red umbrella in front of the tea house.|
|Big Mushroom||In front of the building at the northeast corner of the garden|
|Zygarde Cell||At the northwest edge of Malie Garden|
|Preschooler Ailey||Cleffa (Lv. 26)||312 pokédollars|
|Tourist Mitch||Persian (Lv. 27)
Marowak (Lv. 26)
|Tourist Akali||Raticate (Lv.26)
Raichu (Lv. 27)
- The Ulaula Island Part 1 will resume with Malie Garden. As you enter the garden, another cutscene with Hau will ensue.
- Examine the left side of the garden to loot a Luxury Ball tucked inside the nook on your left. Defeat the trainer patrolling by the lamp post.
- Continue along the upward path then take the small bridge to reach a small strip of land. You will eventually encounter Professor Kukui chilling by the benches just ahead of the tea house. Hau will soon catch up with you and another cutscene will play.
- At this point, the conversation will be cut short as he volunteers to search for the missing Professor Kukui.
- Kukui will then instruct you to go to Ulaula Island Part 1 – Mount Hokulani for your Ulaula Island Part 1: Island Challenge Trials.
- To get there, you need to board the bus stationed at Ulaula Island Part 1 – Route 10.
- Before you go, be sure to sweep the area for any items scattered.
- Inspect underneath the red umbrella in front of the tea house for a Rage Candy Bar.
- Meanwhile, investigate the huge building on the northern section to loot a a Big Mushroom.
- Walk to the left and cross the bridges to get to the other side of Ulaula Island Part 1’s Malie garden.
- Take out the trainer flanked by the 2 bridges, then walk down another narrow strip of land to locate a Zygarde Cell at the far corner.
- Retrace your steps back to the tea house, then cross the bridge in the middle.
- From here, head right, and defeat the trainer waiting in the middle path.
- Continue along this path and collect the Grassy Seed at the far end.
- With all items gathered, exit Malie Garden. The next section of Ulaula Island Part 1 will take place in your return to Malie City.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Malie City
|Talk to the tourist wearing a hat inside the Malie Library.|
|Zygarde Cell||(Daytime) Between two parked patrol cars near the gate to Malie Garden.|
|Zygarde Cell||At the end of a corridor inside the Malie City Community Center.|
|Strange Souvenir||Talk to a man sitting in the lobby of the Community Center.|
|Best Friend Ribbon||Talk to a little girl inside the Community Center.|
|Weather stones||Answer the quiz given inside the Community Center correctly.|
- Next section of Ulaula Island Part 1 will consist of returning to Malie City. As you reach the Garden gates, you will encounter Lillie is waiting for your arrival. She requests for your assistance in searching for a certain book in the Malie Library.
- After she leaves, go west and you will bump into a familiar face – He looks like the famous Professor Samuel Oak from the Kanto region, but he’s actually a cousin, Samson.
- He’s researching about regional Pokémon variants – specifically the non-Kantonian Alola Pokemon. He’ll give you a clue on where to find him if you need to talk to him again, so keep sharp.
- From the main road to the library, continue on the Ulaula Island Part 1 – northern path to find Lillie.
- Hapu and her Mudsdale will show up and offer to help, but Lillie insists on checking out the library before going anywhere else.
- Follow Lillie as she goes upstairs to find the book.
- She’s not sure if she can borrow it once she finds it; just then, a girl will suggest a book to her. She reads a few lines from the book.
- The girl who suggested the book is named Acerola, and her father was the one who wrote the book Lillie is reading, among others.
- Lillie stays behind with Acerola to learn more about Ulaula Island Part 1’s legendary Alola Pokémon.
- Before leaving the library, talk to the sun-hat tourist on the first floor. She will give you TM76 (Fly).
- Inspect the back corner of the library on the same floor to locate Samson Oak. Show him an Alola Pokemon specifically Alolan Persian that you trained from an Alolan Meowth to receive a Love Ball.
- Pop into the Ulaula Island Part 1’s Malie City Community Center next door to the Library to get a few choice items.
- Talk to the man sitting in the lobby to get a Strange Souvenir.
- Then, converse with little girl, who will give you a Best Friend Ribbon of Ulaula Island Part 1 if your lead Pokémon has a high degree of affection towards you.
- This section of Ulaula Island Part 1 will cover optional section. Answer the quiz given inside the Weather Class to get four special rocks that can affect the weather and prolong certain special effects.
- There’s a flea market next door where you can buy some stuff.
- Talk to the boy sitting at the table, he claims that he found either a Dusk Stone or a Shiny Stone. Talk to him once you’ve completed the island challenge and he will sell you the stone he’s found.
- Finally, get a Zygarde Cell at the end of the community center’s corridor.
- Head back to Malie City’s main road. You can get a Zygarde Cell between two parked trucks at daytime. At this point you may depart to Ulaula Island Part 1’s optional section – Outer Cape or head straight directly for Route 10.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Outer Cape (Optional)
|Alolan Grimer||24 ~ 27|
|Alolan Raticate||24 ~ 27|
|Gumshoos||24 ~ 27 (daytime only)|
|Magnemite||24 ~ 27|
|Trubbish||24 ~ 27|
|Antidote||Northwest corner of Outer Cape|
|Nugget||Southeast corner of Outer Cape|
|X Speed||Narrow path to the north of Outer Cape|
|Zygarde Cell||(Daytime) Beside a parked truck.|
|Janitor Melvin||Trubbish (Lv. 26)
Ace Trainer Chase
|Alolan Muk (Lv.27)
Alolan Grimer (Lv.29)
- Go up to the north route of Ulaula Island Part 1 – Malie City to visit the optional portion of Ulaula Island Part 1 – Ula’ula’s Outer Cape.
- The Ulaula Island Part 1 – Outer Cape holds a recycling plant that processes all of Alola’s trash by feeding it to Muk and Grimer. Aside from the items you pick up, you can catch a few new Pokémon here too.
- Pick up an Antidote beside the patch of short grass near the Ulaula Island Part 1: recycling plant.
- Head up to the edge of Ulaula Island Part 1: cliff to find Samson Oak, who will then give you a Friend Ball.
- There’s an X Speed at the end of the narrow path beside where you find Oak as well.
- If it’s daytime, you can pick up a Zygarde Cell beside a truck parked beside the recycling plant. You can get a Nugget from the southeast part of the Ulaula Island Part 1: Outer Cape as well.
- Take on the trainers in the area with Fighting- and Ground-type Pokémon.
- Continue south to Ulaula Island Part 1 – Malie City, then take the left section to enter the new location, Ulaula Island Part 1 – Route 10.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Route 10
|Fearow||24 ~ 27|
|Skarmory||24 ~ 27|
|Ariados||24 ~ 27|
|Gumshoos||24 ~ 27 (daytime)|
|Ledian||24 ~ 27|
|Pancham||24 ~ 27 (rare)|
|Alolan Raticate||24 ~ 27 (nighttime)|
|Paralyze Heal||Near the first trainer you encounter on Route 10|
|X Accuracy||Near the female trainer midway up Route 10|
|Health Wing||Under the first tree on Route 10|
|Swift Wing||Lying on the Route 10 path near the Bus Stop.|
|Lemonade||(Hidden) Check the area directly opposite the first shaking tree on Route 10|
|Tiny Mushroom||(Hidden) Check the area directly opposite the Berry Tree with Stoutland.|
|Firefighter||Poliwhirl (Lv. 28)||2240 pokédollars|
|Beauty||Steenee (Lv. 27)||864 pokédollars|
|Police Officer||Growlithe (Lv. 28)||2240 pokédollars|
|Team Skull Grunt||Golbat (Lv. 27)||864 pokédollars|
|Team Skull Grunt||Raticate (Alola) (Lv. 27)||864 pokédollars|
- Feel free to take part of the quick side quest at the right of Route 10’s entrance, however this can be skipped on your adventure as you approach the middle of Ulaula Island Part 1.
- The old lady beside the entrance to Ulaula Island Part 1: Route 10 will ask you to find a group of escaped Stufful. Once you find all of them, return to her and she will give you a Never-Melt-Ice, as well as 15,000 pokédollars.
- Refer to the locations indicated below to solve the Ulaula Island Part 1 Optional Quest.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Stufful’s Locations
|Behind the berry tree||Among the bushes at the lower right of the berry tree|
|Grass opposite the fireman||In the bush at the bottom right of the bulletin board|
|In the grass, at the left side of the bulletin board||Behind the bulletin board|
|In the grass, where the Police Officer is standing||The side of the road opposite from where the police officer is standing|
- Continue along Ulaula Island Part 1 by searching for items and defeating trainers along the way.
- Start by the shaking tree near Ulaula Island Part 1: Route 10’s entrance.
- Be wary as passing by Shaking trees will pit you against a wild encounter with Fearow or a Skarmory.
- Collect the shiny Health Wing on the ground near the tree.
- Examine the ground in front of the tree using the Poke Ride: Stoutland to retrieve a Lemonade.
- Take out the first trainer waiting by the side of the road.
- Grab the Paralyze Heal lying on the ground behind him.
- You will eventually find a pile of Berries lying around Ulaula Island Part 1 – Route 10. Get Berries from the Berry Tree in the area.
- You can also heal your team with the help of Ulaula Island Part 1 Route 10’s Guide standing beside the tree.
- Defeat the next two trainers in the area.
- Pick up an X Accuracy in the patch of grass behind the female trainer. There is also a Zygarde Cell from behind the guy in blue standing opposite the area during daytime.
- Use Stoutland around the area of the female trainer to get a hidden Tiny Mushroom.
- A pair of Team Skull Grunts are trying to steal a bus stop sign near the end of Route 10. They will challenge you when they see you so be prepared to face each of them.
- Professor Kukui will appear once you have defeated the Grunts.
- Before you exit the area, check the ground by the bus stop sign for a Swift Wing.
- Tag along and take the bus heading to the next section of Ulaula Island Part 1 – Mount Hokulani.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Mount Hokulani – Observatory
|Minior||25 ~ 28|
|Ditto||25 ~ 28|
|Cleffa||25 ~ 28|
|Fearow||25 ~ 28|
|Skarmory||25 ~ 28|
|Beldum||25 ~ 28|
|Level Ball||Behind the Pokémon Center|
|On a cliff on the west side of the road|
|Fast Ball||Inside a break in the barricade along the east side of the road|
|Heavy Ball||On a cliff on the eastern side of the road|
|Max Potion||Go down to the lower cliff from where you found the Heavy Ball|
|Rare Candy||(Hidden) Search the area across from where you found the Fast Ball|
|Comet Shard||From a scientist in the lobby of the observatory|
|Zygarde Cell||West end of the corridor inside the observatory|
|Pokémon Trainer Molayne||Skarmory (Lv. 29)
Dugtrio (Lv. 30)
Metang (Lv. 29)
|Office Worker Jessica||Clefairy (Lv. 28)
Dugtrio (Lv. 30)
Metang (Lv. 29)
|Hiker Thomas||Boldore (Lv. 27)
Geodude (Lv. 28)
|Collector Todd||Passimian (Lv. 28)
Oranguru (Lv. 28)
|Veteran Akira||Absol (Lv. 30)||2640 pokédollars|
- Continue along Ulaula Island Part 1 by heading to the observatory on Mount Hokulani, the second highest peak in the Alolan Islands. Set foot to trigger a cutscene with Professor Kukui.
- Once that’s over, join him at the door of the Ulaula Island Part 1: observatory, the big building in the middle of the area.
- A trainer named Molayne is standing at the door to the observatory.
- Kukui will talk to him, and he will challenge you to a quick match to see if you are fit to take on an Island Captain challenge. Molayne will hand over 6000 pokédollars when you defeat him.
- Go around the back of the Ulaula Island Part 1: Pokémon Center, where Samson Oak is standing. Talk to him, and he will give you a Moon Ball.
- Head up the back of the Center to reach the parking lot. Check the surroundings for a Level Ball.
- Before leaving grass patches covered area, head down the slope to reveal the TM72 (Volt Switch).
- Take on the trainers down the road.
- There is also a Veteran trainer on Ulaula Island Part 1 that will give you a TM once you’ve defeated every other trainer in the area, including him.
- The patches of tall grass in the area contain relatively rare Pokémon such as Beldum, Ditto and the Meteor Pokémon Minior. Before you finalize your pit-stop to Ulaula Island Part 1’s grass patches, try to collect all Minior Cores during your trip.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Hokulani Observatory
- This area indicates the last segments of this Ulaula Island Part 1. Finish all the challenges outside then enter the Observatory.
- You can also stop by Ulaula Island Part 1’s Pokémon Center to heal your team before facing the opponents inside.
- Once you’re in the building, talk to the scientist behind the counter to your left to get a Comet Shard.
- Proceed to the next room through the door directly ahead of you.
- Head to the left end of the corridor to grab a Zygarde Cell.
- Return to the middle of the corridor and enter the yellow-and-purple door to continue with the Ulaula Island Part 1 – commencing the Trials.
Ulaula Island Part 1: Sophocles’ trials
- Participate in Trials section of Ulaula Island Part 1. As you enter the building, Sophocles, the Festival Plaza developer, will be in-charge of the first Ula’ula Island Challenge Trials.
- He will then tackle a bit about the machine he has created that could summon a Totem Pokémon.
- For your trial, you need to identify the source of a specific sound that will play. A Pokémon that belongs in Ulaula Island Part 1 will attack you if you answer correctly. Giving a wrong answer will however deliver an electric shock to Sophocles.
- Refer to the guidelines to solve Ulaula Island Part 1’s Trials Puzzle:
- The answer to the first question is “Pokémon Center”. A door will open, and a Lv.27 Grubbin will appear.
- The answer to the second question is “Rotom Dex”. The door will open again, and a Lv.27 Charjabug will appear.
- The answer to the third question is “Charjabug.” The door will open again, and another Lv.27 Charjabug will appear.
- Before the final security question is revealed, Sophocles informs you that the Totem Pokémon is incoming. The answer to the last question is “A Totem Pokémon”.
- The Totem Pokémon, a Vikavolt, has arrived! Proceed to the Ulaula Island Part 1’s coverage of the boss encounter on the next section.
Battle Tips: Ulaula Island Part 1 – Totem Pokémon Vikavolt
Totem Pokemon Encounter
|Vikavolt (Lv. 29)||Bug / Electric||SOS Call
- This section contains the Ulaula Island Part 1 Totem Battle and will provide a summary of details on how to deal with the Stag Beetle Totem – Vikavolt.
- Unlike some of your previous encounters with Ulaula Island Part 1 – Totem Pokémon, the Vikavolt you will be facing in the Hokulani Observatory is rather easy to beat – provided you have strong Fire and Rock Pokémon in your team.
- The Ulaula Island Part 1 – Totem Vikavolt will take its time and use Charge to raise its Sp. Def, leaving the brunt of the fighting to its SOS Ally, Charjabug.
- You could make a case for 2 of Ulaula Island Part 1’s enemies during the Trials. Vikavolt and Charjabug’s Electric abilities can also inflict Paralysis to your team members, forcing you to lose priority or even turns in the battle.
- You should keep a supply of Paralyze Heals, or at least keep a high level of affection between you and your team so that they will be able to heal themselves during the match.
- The easiest way to end the battle with the Totem Vikavolt is to use Super effective moves such as Rock Slide to deal spread damage.
- You will get two Z-Crystals for defeating Vikavolt: An Electrium-Z from Sophocles, and a Steelium-Z from Molayne.
- Before you leave, Molayne will ask you to return a familiar-looking mask to Professor Kukui, who is waiting somewhere in Malie City.
- From the Ulaula Island Part 1: observatory, you can take the Bus to Route 10, or fly directly back to Malie City using your Poke Ride: Charizard. This marks the end of the Ulaula Island Part 1 Chapter. If you missed any items for Ulaula Island Part 1 then you can still go back to the locations you’ve visited before.
|<< Previous : Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3||Ula’ula Island Walkthrough Part 2 : Next >>|