Ulaula Island Acerola’s Trial: Walkthrough
- Malie Garden
- Face Team Skull Boss.
- Receive the Professor’s gift.
- Route 11/ 12
- Obtain the new Poke Ride from Route 12.
- Optional Areas
- Take a detour to the Power Plant.
- Route 13
- Encounter Gladion.
- Tapu Village/ Route 14
- Take a pit-stop at the Aether House.
- Meet the youngsters.
- Route 14 (Revisited)
- Partake of the Ghost-type trial.
- Thrifty Megamart
- Take on the trial.
- Defeat the Totem Pokemon.
- Route 14
- Receive the Z-Crystal
- You will find Professsor Kukui in Malie Garden. A cutscene will play.
Trainer Battle: Guzma
- Defeat him to receive a Z-Crystal which depends on the Starter you chose (DecidueyeZ, IncineroarZ , or PrimarinaZ).
- Proceed to Route 11 and continue along the path until you arrive at Tapu Village.
- Proceed along Route 11 until you reach the end. However, be sure to battle the Black Belt who is standing near the bulletin. You will be given a TM66 (Payback) for defeating him.
- Present the Z-Crystal you got from defeating Guzma to pass through the checkpoint.
|Given by the Black Belt after battle||–|
- You will need to pass through Route 12. You will get the Poke Ride for Mudsdale at the end of the path. This allows you to run across rocky terrains.
- Use the Poke Ride to reach Route 13 (ignore the path to Blush Mountain for now). You will encounter Hau and Gladion along the way before a cutscene will play.
|Ride Pager Mudsdale||Given at the end of Route 12|
- Head west from Route 12 to reach Route 13. Continue on the path to Tapu Village.
- When you arrive at Tapu Village, head west and enter the Aether House. Hau will appear and a cutscene will occur.
|Max Potion||Given by Hau||–|
|TM12 (Taunt)||Talk to the main near the trailer to the right||–|
- You need to defeat a Preschooler when you arrive at the Aether House.
- Trial Captain Acerola will appear and allow you to start the trial.
- Exit out of the house to trigger another cutscene with Lillie and a Team Skull Grunt.
- Defeat the Grunt to get 5 Luxury Balls.
- Return to Tapu Village to begin the Trial.
- Look for Acerola at the south of the village near the Pokemon Center. Then, head to Route 14.
- Go up the stairs to find Acerola.
- The Trial of Acerola will proceed. You need to take a picture of a Ghost-type Pokemon using your Poke Finder.
|Destiny Knot||Before the pedestal to the west of where you used the Ride Pager Lapras||–|
|TM30 (Shadow Ball)||Near the scaffold in the west||–|
|Max Revive||Eastern road||–|
- Go to the Thrifty Megamart. Below are the locations of the Ghost-type Pokemon that you need to take a picture of.
- At the bottom center of the site, take a picture of a Lv.30 Ghastly that will appear in the conveyor belt.
- In the upper left corner of the location, take a picture of a Lv.30 Haunter near the shopping cart.
- At the right side of the market, take a picture of a Lv.30 Gengar near the Pikachu and Marill dolls
- Pursue the distant Pikachu.
- The Poke Finder starts automatically once you’ve entered through the door. Look behind you and you will see Mimikyu.
- Once you’ve taken a picture of Mimikyu, it will reveal itself to be a Totem Pokemon and will challenge you to a battle.
Totem Pokémon: Mimikyu
- When Mimikyu uses the SOS Call, a Hau Lv. 27 will appear in battle. Mimikyu can also use Disguise, an ability that will nullify any damage taken by an enemy Pokemon’s move.
- Disguise is a very powerful ability, so be careful on what moves you are going to use each turn. Therefore, if you use a Z-move first, it will be a waste. Blow its cover with a weak move first, then use a Z-move to easily defeat it.
- Head outside of the Thrifty Megamart after the battle. Acerola will give you Ghostium Z and 10x Dusk Ball.
- After you’ve finished the trial, there is a Mimikyu hiding behind the fence. Then, head to Route 15.
- You will get a Ghostium Z and 10 Dark Balls from the Trial Captain.
|Ghostium Z||Given by the trial captain after completing the trial||–|
|Dark Ball x10||Given by the trial captain after completing the trial||–|
|<< Previous : Ulaula Island Walkthrough Part 1||Ulaula Island Walkthrough Part 3: Next >>|