Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3
Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3 covers the trials coming from Trial Captain Mallow all the way to the First Ultra Beast. As you go through Pokemon Ultra Sun Moon, you’ll notice some slight differences especially from the old games. One of them would be the reworking of the trials. Some of the trials in Akala Island may have been reworked to suit the new alternative universe. There are items also found in Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3 that also may only be available during that time.
Note: The information and images contained here are taken from Pokemon Sun and Moon. We will be updating them when Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon comes out.
Click here to go to our Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon Walkthrough Directory!
Pokémon Encounters (Water)
Pokémon Encounters (Grass)
|Big Pearl||Behind the low white building|
|Ultra Ball||On the grassy cliffside behind Trainer 3|
|Hyper Potion||Beside the second trainer on Route 8|
|Miracle Seed||In the patch of grass across from Trainer # 2|
|Water Stone||(Needs Lapras) In the bay|
|Dive Ball||Behind the Roadside Motel at the end of Route 8|
|Zygarde Cell||Beside the low white building|
|(Hidden) Adrenaline Orb||Near Trainer # 3|
|(Hidden) Awakening||Inside Dream Park|
|(Hidden) Iron||Near the rock beside the Pokémon Center|
|(Hidden) Max Repel||Near the Rare Fishing Spot|
|Backpacker Kiana||Eevee (Lv.20)||480 pokédollars|
|Rising Star Mikey||Bounsweet(Lv.20)
|Rising Star Nicki||Miltank(Lv.21)||1008 pokédollars|
Samuel and Guy
- At the start of Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3, you’ll find a strong ace trainer at Route 8’s entrance.
- However, she won’t battle you until all other trainers in the area have been defeated.
- After defeating her, she’ll gift you TM58 (Sky Drop).
- Walk down the path sloping away from the road in front of you. There, you’ll find yourself at the water’s edge. At the water’s edge, there’s a Rare Fishing Spot there. If you have a fishing rod then, you can try fishing a Chinchou (Water/Electric type).
- Head back up to the road and make a left. There, grab the Zygarde Cell beside the low white building owned by the Aether Foundation. Then, go inside.
- When inside, a staffer will ask you to get information about Stufful that lives on Route 8. Try searching the patch of grass behind the building for the Stufful. Once you’re done, approach the staffer and get 5,000 pokédollars.
- After that, leave the building. But before you leave, a scientist named Colress will catch up with you. Then, he’ll give you TM43 (Flame Change).
- Continue on Route 8, dispatching the trainers you meet along the way. Grab the Hyper Potion beside the second trainer. Climb the slopes behind Trainer # 3, then walk down into the grassy cliff-side to get an Ultra Ball.Tyrone the Scientist (Trainer # 4) will use resurrected fossil Pokémon Archen and Shieldon when he challenges you. Hit Archen with an Electric-type attack, and Shieldon with a Water-type one.
- When you’re done, move towards the Dream Park. The area is marked with a trailer and set of construction materials. When you get there, have Stoutland search and dig around to find an Awakening.
- Once you reach the end of Route 8, heal your team. Then, grab the Dive Ball behind the Roadside Motel. You can try approaching Gladion but he’s not in a good mood.
- After that, head down to the shoreline from the Pokémon Center. There’s a Zygarde Cell beside the rock sticking out of the ground.
- However, at one point, you’ll see a Wimpod scurrying around. However, you can’t catch it outright. Ride Lapras around the bay to ambush Wimpod from behind. However if you fail, leave the area and then return to refresh. Then, Wimpod will respawn. Once you catch it, Wimpod will leave a random item behind as a bonus.
- Head back out into the bay. Defeat the two trainers on the island who will challenge you to a double battle if you haven’t done so, then return to the water to get the Water Stone.
- When you have explored Route 8, enter Route 5. There, you’ll face your third challenge. You can raid Route 5 to get more Pokémon and items.
Route 5 Revisited
|Big Root||Near the sign post|
|Zygarde Cell||Go left at the ledge after the signpost. The Zygarde cell is around the corner.|
|Hyper Potion||Beside Ace Trainer Alexis|
|Ether||On an elevated area in Route 5|
|(Hidden) PP Up||Buried beside a big rock near Lush Jungle’s entrance|
|(Hidden) Star Piece||Search the part of Route 5 with the volcanic steam vents.|
|(Hidden) Nugget||Hop down from the first one-way ledge in Route 5 and sniff to the left with Stoutland.|
|TM59 (Brutal Swing)||On an elevated path in the middle of Route 5|
|Ace Trainer Alexis||Goomy (Lv.22)
|Youngster Caleb||Charjabug (Lv.20)||400 pokédollars|
|Hiker Gabriel||Mudbray (Lv.21)||672 pokédollars|
- The second portion of Akala Island Walkthrough Part 3 involves returning to Route 5. While it’s the same Route 5 one explored before on your way to Brooklet Hill, Akala Island has you exploring the northern half of the area. This was previously blocked off due to the one-way ledges.
- From the entrance, head right. From there, you’ll have to head north to enter the Lush Jungle of Akala Island. There, you’ll face off against Captain Mallow, the first Trial Captain of Akala Island. Before that however, head south.
- When you get there, there’s an item but you won’t be able to get it until later. Call Stoutland and sniff around the area opposite to the item buried. There, you’ll find a PP Up. There’s also a Big Root also near the signpost.
- Hop down the ledge and start sniffing. On your left, there’s a Nugget. Watch out for the incoming Diglett; they attack from time to time.
- Continue on the path before taking a corner to grab the Zygarde Cell. The path curves back whcih takes you to the previously-inaccessible item: an Ether.
- Double back for a bit but take the narrow path sloping down to get TM59 (Brutal Swing).
- Defeat the Ace trainer in the area, then get the Hyper Potion lying beside her. You are now in the area behind the Pokémon Center.
- Go back to the one-way ledges and hop down again. You’re back at Route 5. If you haven’t done so before, get the Star Piece and TM41 (Torment) near the Volcanic fissures. Heal at the Pokémon Center to the east if you need to.
- Call Charizard using your Ride Pager and return to Route 8 by air.