Medusa is a servant who made her debut in Fate/Stay Night as the Rider class servant of Sakura Matou. However, due to certain circumstances, Medusa then was transferred to Shinji Matou, Sakura’s brother. Medusa, as a Rider Class servant, boasts incredible agility being able to scale buildings and balance on uneven platforms. She also is a devoted servant, caring even for Sakura after her defeat in the Fate/Stay Night Manga. In Fate/Grand Order, she is summonable in two classes: the Lancer and Rider class.
|Max HP||8937||Max ATK||7200|
- Medusa is a Servant with very useful Active skills, multiple useful Passive skills, and a powerful all-target Noble Phantasm, Bellerophon.
- With 2 Arts Command Cards and 2 Quick Command Cards, Medusa is at her best either charging up her NP or dealing critical hits.
- Atalante is an amazing teammate for Medusa, forming a team that can frequently take advantage of C. Stars and charge up NP. Atalante also has 2 Arts Command Cards and 2 Quick Command Cards, so the duo can form Arts Chains or Quick Chains as needed. She also has Beyond Arcadia boosts the entire party’s Quick card performance, which powers up both of their Noble Phantasms and Quick Chains. Both of their Noble Phantasms generate a lot of C. Stars, as well, allowing them to make the most out of critical hits.
- Alexander is another good Servant to pair up with Medusa. He has Charming Youth, which, combined with Medusa’s Mystic Eyes, can allow them to incapacitate more enemies together. Signs of the King also boosts the entire party’s Quick card performance, which boosts their attacks and Noble Phantasms all at once.
- Finally, Elisabeth Bathory has decent synergy with Medusa. Sadistic Charisma boosts the party’s ATK, especially for females, while Torture Technique lowers the DEF of enemies. Having 2 Buster Command Cards and 2 Quick Command Cards, Elisabeth can do Buster Chains and Quick Chains with her.
- Medusa also works well with Jack the Ripper, being able to unleash 100% crit damage per turn. For an additional buster cards for extra damage, bring either Cu Chulainn for sustain or even
- For Craft Essences, it’s best to focus on either NP or Quick card performance.
- Imaginary Around is one of the best CEs to boost Quick card performance. Gandr and The Verdant Black Keys are weaker alternatives, but they’re easier to obtain.
- Heaven’s Feel provides the strongest boost to NP Damage, going from 40-50%.
- There’s Divine Banquet for a 25-30% boost to NP Generation, while Kaleidoscope is a flat 80-100% NP Charge at the start of the battle.
- Shapeless Island is Medusa’s Max Bond Craft Essence, which boosts NP Gain for the party by 15%, which allows her and her teammates to fire off their Noble Phantasms much faster.
- Halloween Princess increases her NP strength for Bellephron while giving her the additional starting NP for faster generation.
|Magic Resistance||B||Increases own resistance to debuffs by 17.5%.|
|Independent Action||C||Increases own critical attack damage by 6%.|
|Riding Skill||A+||Increases own Quick card performance by 11%.|
|Divinity||E-||Increases own damage by 95.|
Certain skills are unlockable via “ascending” a servant. This also requires a certain set of items to increase their max level cap and their stats. While doing so, the player also unlocks the interlude quest of that particular servant.
If you’re looking for Medusa’s Interlude Quest, click here.
|Mystic Eyes||A+||1||8||Chance to stun one enemy for 1 turn.|
|Monstrous Strength||B||2||7||Increases own attack for 2 turns.|
Reins of the Chivalrous Hero
|Effect||Deals damage to all enemies.|
|Overcharge Effect||Increases party’s critical star generation rate for 3 turns.|
|Stage||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||QP|
|1||4 Rider Pieces||–||–||–||30,000|
|2||8 Rider Pieces||4 Serpent Jewels||–||–||100,000|
|3||4 Rider Monuments||13 Void’s Dust||4 Meteoric Horseshoes||–||300,000|
|4||8 Rider Monuments||7 Meteoric Horseshoes||7 Phoenix Feathers||–||900,000|
|Stage||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||QP|
|1||4 Gems of Rider||–||–||–||50,000|
|2||8 Gems of Rider||–||–||–||100,000|
|3||4 Magic Gems of Rider||–||–||–||300,000|
|4||8 Magic Gems of Rider||7 Void’s Dust||–||–||400,000|
|5||4 Secret Gems of Rider||13 Void’s Dust||–||–||1,000,000|
|6||8 Secret Gems of Rider||3 Serpent Jewels||–||–||1,250,000|
|7||6 Serpent Jewels||2 Heart of the Foreign God||–||–||2,500,000|
|8||5 Heart of the Foreign God||13 Phoenix Feathers||–||–||3,000,000|
|9||1 Crystallized Lore||–||–||–||5,000,000|
Medusa is famous for turning men into stone for those who look into her eyes. She is the youngest among the Gorgon sisters and arguably the prettiest one among them. She carried strong powers for her father and her mother. Her parents were Phorkys and Ceto, cthonic monsters from an archaic world. Because of this, her innate powers already overpowered many who dared challenge her. While many artists envisioned her as monstrous, others viewed her to be fair and beautiful.
However, her beauty is what caused her to turn into a monstrosity. The main story goes that Athena had cursed her when Poseidon raped Medusa in her temple. Since then, her hairs turned into angry serpents. Thus, the old knowledge of her being able to turn man into stone was a power granted by Athena. While Perseus declares her punishment just, Medusa dies a horrid death via decapitation.
|THRONE OF HEROES|
|Moon Cancer||Avenger||Alter Ego||Ruler|