Table of Contents
When rolling for Servants, you need to know what’s good for you at the first part or the latter part. The game is then divided into three portions: early, mid, and later. In the early parts of the game, some heroes won’t be so appreciated. After all, their abilities would become more useful in the latter parts of the game. In the early parts of the game, you’re just trying to build your team. The mid part of the game is trying to get accustomed to your build. And finally, the latter part of the game is where you go all out.
For this list, this is our current criteria for choosing what servants are recommended:
- Forgiveness Level – This assumes that the servant is easy to play. This includes the player not having to think so hard and early game players can simply break through the enemies.
- Sustainability – Some servants may be powerful but have terrible sustainability, becoming more of a liability in battle.
- Situational Adaptability – Some servants have better adaptability than others, making them increasingly well sought out for.
Recommended Servants: Farming
One of the most common things players will probably be doing would be farming the training grounds to death. And ever since the 1.5.0 patch, the Fate/Grand Order farming grounds has changed and adapted the one from the JP version. Henceforth, some teams might be different than others. Depending on what day the player intends to farm, here are some servants who can make one’s lives easier in terms of farming.
Common factors that make these recommended servants good for farming:
- They have multi-hit noble phantasms.
- They focus on powering their Noble Phantasm either by strengthening it or reducing the time it takes to charge.
- Some of these servants have skills that work well against certain creatures.
|1||Gilgamesh||Archer||Majority of the enemies are weak to Enuma Elish which is his Noble Phantasm. At the same time, his stats alone can make everything look bad. In a general situation, he can easily wipe through enemies.|
|2||Altera||Saber||Hyper offensive Saber class servant. If given the Halloween Princess CE + Tactics (Lv. 4), she can deal an average of 80,000 damage on neutral affinity.|
|3||Francis Drake||Rider||One of the few noble phantasm-focused Rider class servants. Voyager of the Storm increases NP strength, Pioneer of the Stars increases gauge and Golden Rule increases the Arts Card output for NP charge.|
|4||Nursery Rhyme||Caster||She can farm Assassin-type enemies easily. One of the few Caster class servants with a offense-based noble phantasm.|
|5||Siegfried||Saber||Best for Dragon Farming. If paired with Georgios, they can make a formidable team because of the Ascalon + Balmung combo.|
|6||Scathach||Lancer||As one of the strongest Lancer class servants, she can deal a ton of damage against Archer class enemies. She’s a hard counter to Gilgamesh not only because of the servant affinity but also having Godslayer as one of her skills.|
|7||Kiyohime||Berserker||Her NP has a low chance of inflicting Stun and deals Burn lingering damage. She also has Morph that gives her some survivability. With the Heaven’s Feel CE/ Halloween Princess CE, she can deal heavy damage. For more survivability, she can also use March of the Saint which heals and increases NP gauge.|
|8||Oda Nobunaga||Archer||She has Three Line Formation which is Anti-Army, making her a viable Servant Hunter especially those with Riding skill. And she can also become a Divine-killer, using Unifying the Nation by Force skill.|
|9||Phantom of the Opera||Assassin||As one of the few Assassins with a multi-hit noble phantasm, he can farm Rider class enemies if players don’t have Siegfried.|
|10||Elisabeth Bathory||Lancer||One of the few Lancers that have 2 Arts Cards attached to her which makes her viable also for an Arts Team, giving her a chance to charge up her Noble Phantasm.|
- Gilles De Rais (Caster) – Despite his horrid looks, Gilles De Rais (Caster) also has a multi-hit noble phantasm. However, his skills are quite focused more on depleting servants than killing all sorts of enemies.
- Cu Chulainn (Caster) – As one of the early game servants, players can easily max out his NP to Lv 5 if they summon often. Similar to Kiyohime , he can inflict Burn and apply a Defense Demerit. Unfortunately, he sits below because of Kiyohime’s latent Madness Enhancement that boosts the power of her NP and that her NP is Rank EX while his is only Rank B.
- Romulus – His NP deals heavy damage to all enemies plus he has an attack increase. Unfortunately, his ability to charge up his Noble Phantasm takes quite awhile in comparison to most servants as he only has 1 Arts Card.
- Cu Chulainn (Prototype) – Best used for killing Beast-type enemies especially upon gaining 3rd Ascension. Though, his noble phantasm is only single target.
- Elisabeth Bathory (Halloween) – Her base stats are not as great as the other servants. However, her noble phantasm can inflict a lot of damage especially if she combos with Mana Burst and a Buster-Focused CE. She’s more a setup and building up NP Gauges rather than offense.
Recommended Servants: Boss Battles
Boss Battles usually happen at the end of the Singularity. Often times, these bosses inflict heavy damage no matter what the class. They fight similarly to Berserkers only to have resistances to all classes. So, one of the few options may also include sustaining yourself throughout the fight or preventing them from ever using their special skill.
|2||Cu Chulainn (Prototype)||Lancer||Tank|
|4||Zhuge Liang||Caster||Support/ NP Drain|
|5||Jeanne D’ Arc||Ruler||Tank/Support|
|6||Tamamo no Mae||Caster||Support|
Recommended Servants: Buster Team
Check out also: Buster Team Builds Tutorial
For this kind of team build, the most recommended servants would come from the Berserker class. Their innate Madness Enhancement already gives them the boost for their Buster cards and majority of them have 3 Buster Cards. Servants such as Heracles rank high on the table because of him being able to inflict 30,000 damage without even using his Noble Phantasm.
Recommended Servants: Arts Team
Check out also: Arts Team Builds Tutorial
For this kind of team build, the most recommended servants would come from the Caster class. Majority of the Caster Class servants have Territory Creation which has at least 3 Arts Cards in their deck. However, there are other servants that can perform Arts Chains even if not from the Caster class. Team Builds here can split from Sustain, Offense, or Hybrid Offense-Sustain.
|Rank||Name||Class||Build & Role|
|1||Zhuge Liang||Caster||Offense-Sustain/ Set Up|
|4||Tamamo no Mae||Caster||Sustain; Support|
|5||Elisabeth Bathory (Halloween)||Caster||Offense; Set Up & Offense|
|6||Jeanne D’ Arc||Ruler||Sustain/ Support|
|8||Gilles De Rais||Caster||Offense|
|9||Hans Christian Andersen||Caster||Sustain/ Support|
|10||Medea Lily||Caster||Sustain/ Support|
Recommended Servants: Quick Team
Check out also: Quick Team Builds Tutorial
Quick Teams are a little more complex as they have different mechanics. One mechanic they include is the Critical Stars which dictate the chances of the servants to deal critical hits. Most of the servants here will have Quick Cards which allow them to gather as many C. Stars as they can. Hence, majority of the recommended servants will either have a variety of both or one of the two. However, the Critical Stars also have other mechanics:
- C. Star Drop – C. Star Drop is the amount of critical stars gained when a servant attacks an enemy.
- C. Star Gather – The stars are then split among the different servants. The servant with the highest rate of C. Star Gather will take in the most stars. Ergo, will also have the highest chances of inflicting Critical Hits.
|1||Jack the Ripper||Assassin|
|6||Cu Chulainn (Prototype)||Lancer|
Fate Grand Order Guides
|THRONE OF HEROES|
|Moon Cancer||Avenger||Alter Ego||Ruler|
|Tips and Tricks|
|Skill Reinforcement||Ascension||Reset Marathon|