Diarmuid Ua Duibhne
Diarmuid Ua Duibhne appears in Fate/ Grand Order as a Lancer class servant. As a Fate Grand Order servant, Diarmuid Ua Duibhne is summoned as a three star servant. Because of this, he has average stats which are completely outstripped by higher star servants. Similar to majority of the Lancer class servants, he focuses more in dealing critical hits rather than base damage. In his life time, Diarmuid Ua Duibhne is known for wielding two famous spears: Gáe Buidhe and Gáe Dearg.
He also appears as Lancer (Fate/ Zero).
|Max HP||9593||Max ATK||7022|
- Diarmuid Ua Duibhne works well with Alexander since he cannot increase his own attack power. Other servants such as Altria, Julius Caesar, and Gilgamesh can provide the same effect but with greater boosts.
- Unlike Cu Chulainn, his evasion only lasts for one turn similarly to EMIYA. However, he works well with Cu Chulainn (Prototype) and Cu Chulainn as they are both capable of chaining Quick Cards. Other servants that can boost his critical hit ratio are Jing Ke, Hassan of the Cursed Arm, and Astolfo.
- Another servant that can chain up with Diarmuid is Charles Henri Sanson who’s known to draw 3 Quick Cards, increasing the amount of Critical Stars.
- Diarmuid Ua Duibhne fights similarly to Medea who can remove buffs and immediately spam her Noble Phantasm if she has Formalcraft. However, he is not completely reliant like Medea on her Noble Phantasm and can deal damage while waiting for his buff-stripping Noble Phantasm.
- Anne Bonny and Mary Read bolsters Diarmuid Ua Duibhne’s critical hit damage if the player intends to rely on Diarmuid as a Critical Hit attacker.
- Imaginary Around improves Diarmuid Ua Duibhne’s Quick Card performance by 25%. Pairing this with Knightly Tactics, Diarmuid Ua Duibhne can gather critical stars. Thus, this increases the probability of him inflicting a critical hit on the enemy.
- Nightless Rose will increase his sustainability in combat especially granting him guts with 1000 HP upon revival.
- Belle of Society focuses on Diarmuid’s main assets: Quick and Arts cards. When using this card, Diarmuid will have higher chances of spamming his Noble Phantasm without giving up his ability to deal critical hit damage.
- Holy Night Sign allows Diarmuid to consistently deal damage if paired up with a C. Star Farmer like Jack the Ripper.
|Magic Resistance||B||Increases own resistance to debuffs by 17.5%.|
|Mystic Face (Love Spot)||C||1||7||Reduces the attack of all Female enemies for 1 turn.|
|Eye of the Mind (True)||B||3||7||
|Knightly Tactics||B||3||7||Increases own critical star generation rate for 3 turns.|
Gae Dearg and Gae Buidhe, Crimson Rose of Exorcism and Crimson Rose of Mortality
|Overcharge Effect||Curses an enemy for 5 turns.|
|Stage||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||QP|
|1||4 Lancer Pieces||–||–||–||30,000|
|2||8 Lancer Pieces||6 Seeds of Yggdrasil||–||–||100,000|
|3||4 Lancer Monuments||6 Phoenix Feathers||3 Serpent Jewels||–||300,000|
|4||8 Lancer Monuments||6 Serpent Jewels||16 Void’s Dust||–||900,000|
|Stage||Item 1||Item 2||Item 3||Item 4||QP|
|1||4 Gems of Lancer||–||–||–||50,000|
|2||8 Gems of Lancer||–||–||–||100,000|
|3||4 Magic Gems of Lancer||–||–||–||300,000|
|4||8 Magic Gems of Lancer||3 Phoenix Feathers||–||–||400,000|
|5||4 Secret Gems of Lancer||6 Phoenix Feathers||–||–||1,000,000|
|6||8 Secret Gems of Lancer||4 Seeds of Yggdrasil||–||–||1,250,000|
|7||8 Seeds of Yggdrasil||12 Proof of Hero||–||–||2,500,000|
|8||36 Proof of Hero||32 Void’s Dust||–||–||3,000,000|
|9||1 Crystallized Lore||–||–||–||5,000,000|
Diarmuid Ua Duibhne also had another name: Diarmuid O Dyna which meant – Diarmuid of the Love Spot. The origin of this title came from a beauty mark near his right eye. When an enchantress became so enamored with him and much more when he helped her, she granted him that boon. She blessed him with that mark. Although according to legend, Diarmuid Ua Duibhne had no need for such as he already appeared handsome.
Diarmuid Ua Duibhne’s looks was only parallel to his skills as a warrior. He could wield both sword and spear. But his favourite weapon selection involved two spears, hence summoning him in the Lancer class. By his side, Diarmuid Ua Duibhne had two spears: Gae Buidhe, the spear of Fatality and Gae Dearg, the spear of Exorcism. Gae Buidhe dealt wounds that could never be healed whereas Gae Dearg nullified magic.
The legend of Diarmuid begins when word of his skills reached the ears of Fionn Mac Cumhail. With that, they became comrades and established the Knights of Fianna. Soon, Fionn asked him to find a bride candidate. Diarmuid did find one; he found a woman named Grainne. Unfortunately, she is also the one who caused his undoing and being the one to seal Diarmuid’s fate.
Because of his Love Spot and the fact that Fionn had become aging, she fell in love with him. Diarmuid rejected her advances, staying faithful to his king. However, Grainne gave him no option. Branding him with a geis, she demanded he take her and run away or suffer and die from the geis. Begrudgingly, he took her along and fought against Fionn for so many years. While he was with her, he remained faithful and never touched Grainne in hopes of reconciling with Fionn. When Fionn finally let declared a truce, Diarmuid returned with Grainne.
It was then his days were numbered. During a hunting trip, a wild boar fatally gored Diarmuid. He begged Fionn for healing but the man still held a grudge over Grainne. Thus, he left Diarmuid to die.
Diarmuid Ua Duibhne holds no wish or desire for the Grail. All he wishes is to fight with honour with no handicaps or geis holding him back. The greatest honour he believes he could ever receive is being able to fight with honour and dignity.
|Moon Cancer||Avenger||Alter Ego||Ruler|