Table of Contents
Horizon Zero Dawn’s Aloy featured in Paris Games Week 2017 Trailer
Capcom released a Monster Hunter: World trailer last week at Paris Games Week 2017. After featuring gameplay footage, the trailer announced that players can play through the game as Aloy, a special guest character. Accompanying Aloy is an adorable machine Palico. This companion looks like a combination of a Watcher and a Felyne.
While the game will be released on other platforms, only PlayStation 4 gamers can enjoy hunting monsters in Aloy’s shoes.
Aloy is the main character of the hit PlayStation 4 exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn. Both Monster Hunter: World and Horizon Zero Dawn feature open worlds with gigantic dinosaur-like monsters one can hunt. However, Zero Dawn‘s world revolves around robotic creatures while Monster Hunter’s creatures are flesh and bone.
This is not the first time Capcom tied-in with another company. In 2010, Capcom collaborated with Konami to promote Monster Hunter Portable 3d as well as Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. In Peace Walker, the player can unlock extra missions that involve hunting creatures from Monster Hunter, including a unique monster called Gear REX.
You can watch the trailer here:
The Monster Hunter: World Paris Games Week 2017 trailer is a compilation of gameplay clips representative of the game.
- At 0:31, we see a small monster emit a bright flash of light that incapacitates a swarm of flying creatures.
- At 0:40 we see a brute wyvern dragging a flying wyvern deep into a cave. This represents game’s diverse ecosystem. One can expect to see monsters face off against other larger monsters.
- A flying wyvern is eating what might be its own young at 0:41.
- A large, menacing amphibian-like creature stares at the player character at 0:49.
- We get to see the player character’s hub world at 1:13.
- The environment plays a huge part in Monster Hunter: World. At 1:35, the player uses a falling pillar to deal damage against a monster.
Monster Hunter: World releases on PlayStation and Xbox One on January 26, 2018, with a PC release arriving in the future.