The Pharos・Third Ascent
1. Use the transport device to make your way up.
- There are multiple transport devices that you can use.
- Pressing the wrong device will take you back to the first area of the turning corridors.
- If you press the wrong button twice, you will be transported to an area with a lot of enemies.
- The first device is the Black Sigil found in the upper left of the area.
- The second device is the Green Sigil to the east as you come up to a Fool’s Facade.
- The third device is the Red Sigil after some more Fool’s Facades in the upper left of the four sigils.
- The fourth depends on what commands were locked during your party’s ascent. If you could not use items, choose the Yellow Sigil. If you could not use Magicks, choose the Purple Sigil. If you could not use weapons, choose the White Sigil. If you could not use the map, choose the Pink Sigil.
- The fifth device will be passed a Fool’s Facade.
2. Ride the elevator and prepare for a boss battle with Hashmal.
Hashmal Boss Battle
- Since Hashmal uses Quakeja, be sure to cast Float to avoid taking much damage.
- When Hasmlam uses Perfect defense, you will not be able to attack him for two minutes. Wait until the effect wears off.
- After the battle, Hashmal can be summoned as an Esper to aid you.
3. After defeating Hashmal, proceed along the swinging corridor.
- Exit the elevator and head for the swinging corridor.
- There will not be any items to pick up along the way, so head straight for the next area.
- You will come up to a Save Crystal. Use it, since there will be another boss battle ahead.
- Use the Way Stone and prepare to battle another boss.
4. Prepare a boss battle with Gabranth.
Gabranth Boss Battle
- Gabranth is not extremely powerful. You can use Oil and Firaga on him, which is rather effective. He will be immune to magicks in the last phase of the fight, so focus on physical attacks to defeat him.
5. After Gabranth is defeated, Doctor Cid will engage the party.
Doctor Cid Boss Battle
- When Doctor Sid reaches half health, he will summon Famfrit.
- Try to cast Dispel on Famfrit and then use Shell on your party. Famfrit is weak to fire, so using Oil and then Firaga on him will be effective. You can also use this strategy on Sid himself after defeating Famfrit.
- After defeating the two bosses, you will obtain the Esper Famfrit.
6. Reddas will leave your party after the cutscenes.
7. Travel back to Balfonheim.
- Use the airship to go to Sky Fortress Bahamut.
- Be sure to prepare well, as the last battle will be up ahead.
Sky Fortress Bahamut
1. Try to ignore the enemies in the area.
- There will be a lot of enemies in the area that spawn infinitely.
- Since there are no items to collect here, head for the central lift.
- Use the switch when you get to the lift.
2. A second boss battle with Gabranth will begin.
Gabranth (Second Encounter) Boss Battle
- Cast dispel on Gabranth at the beginning of the battle. Once he reaches half HP, he will use Renew.
3. Use the lift to face the game’s final boss after defeating Gabranth.
- Note that the final boss has three forms that you need to defeat to clear the game.
Vayne Solidor Boss Battle
Vayne Solidor (First Form)
- Vayne’s first phase is not too strong. Try to deal as much damage without consuming too much MP.
- Larsa will assist you in the battle with magicks.
- Watch out for when Vayne performs a powerful attack that deals around 1,000 damage. You can also use Oil and Firaga on Vayne, as he is not immune.
Vayne Novus (Second Form)
- Gabranth will join your party during the battle. Instead of attacking the Sephira Swords, focus your attacks on Vayne. If they are dealing too much damage, you can choose to leave just one.
- Vayne will use powerful attacks like Azure Vortice and Contempt at regular intervals. As much as you can, try to preserve MP for his last phase. Reflect will be useful in this fight, as well as an Oil and Firaga combo.
The Undying (Final Form)
- In Vayne’s final phase, you will not be able to see his HP, so it is best to observe his behavior to know his condition. He has 230,000 maximum HP.
At less than 60% HP: Vayne will use magic defense
At less than 40% HP: Vayne will use physical defense
At less than 20% HP: Vayne will use complete defense.
Be sure to keep track of these buffs during the battle.
- Even if you cast Reflect on allies, they will take damage.
- At 60% HP, Vayne will use magic defense, so you won’t be able to damage it with magick. At this time, use physical attacks until the magic defense wears off.
- At 40% HP, Vayne will use physical defense, so you won’t be able to damage it with weapons. During this state, use magick against him. If you do not have MP, try to avoid his attacks until you have recovered.
- At 20% HP, Vayne will use both magic and physical defense. Wait for the opportunity to attack during this stage.
- Vayne will use powerful attacks such as Gigaflare and Teraflare. Make sure the party has at least 2000 HP to survive these.
- Unleash heavy attacks and magick against Vayhe when his complete defense wears off. He will have very little HP left.
- Vayne will use many physical attacks during his last phase. A good shield with high defense will be very useful.
4. Watch the game’s ending after defeating Vayne.
|← Ridorana Cataract – The Pharos||Post-Game Features →|
Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age / FFXII Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Recommended Articles|
|Storyline Boss Guides||Sidequest Boss Guides||Esper Boss Guides|
|Job Class System||Gambit System||License Board System|
|Mob Hunts||Unchangeable Elements||Leveling Guide|