This is the Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [FF12: TZA] Sidequest Walkthrough for Gone Fishin’, including methods to access it, rewards and enemies.
Click here to go to our Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [FF12:TZA] Top Page!
Side Quest Availability
- Access Conditions
Finish Cactuar Family Sidequest. From the Main Story progress until you reach Draklor Laboratory.
- Missable Conditions
Side Quest Walkthrough
How to Unlock
- Speak to Ruksel in South Bank Village.
- Head to Balfonheim Port then proceed to the Aerodome and interact with the Fishing Enthusiast.
- Talk to him until he gives you information on the fishing rod.
- Return to Aerodome entrance then retrace your steps back.
- Inspect the wall near the enthusiast to find the Muramata Fishing rod.
- Report to Ruksel at Dalmasca Estersand.
Search for the Matamune
- In order to unlock the rest of the fishing spots you must defeat Gilgamesh.
- Try fishing until you all 5 colored bottles.
|Black||Easy as a b c so count yourself lucky.
Look for and follow the rats on the ground in the Central Waterway Control to find the sparkling spot.
|Blue||Truth lies just beyond falsehood. CDZCKZMCRANZS||Nabreus Deadlands
Echoes of the Past in overturned boat.
|Green||Skip on stones to far bank’s shore by skipping stones return once more.
Piebald Path in the hut.
|Red||Foothills rise in mountains’ shadow. nhliQsTUrEe||Mosphoran Highwaste – Babbling Vale. Inspect the northwest corner shrine.|
|Yellow||Dragons stir among the eaters of the wind.
1 2 – – 5 – 7 – 9 –
Windmills 1 2 5 7 and 9 must be turned on all others must be turned off.
- Decipher the cryptic message to find the designated spot it corresponds to.
- When all locations have been found, you will be directed to Barheim Passage.
- Pass through the West Annex to reach the Zeviah Span to find the Matamune.
- Collect the Matamune.