Table of Contents
|How to Unlock||Missable Conditions|
|Start the White Mousse and Orthros Mob hunts after finishing Ondore Estate||None|
- Finish the White Mousse Mob Hunt to receive the Sluice Gate Key.
- Continue with the story until you obtain the Dawn Shard.
- Finish the Orthos Mob Hunt to receive the Blackened Fragment from purveyor Samaru in North Sprawl.
- Head to Rabanastre North Sprawl for an event.
- Finish the Wraith Mob hunt, then proceed to Garamsythe Waterway and inspect Dig’s desk
- Proceed to Garamsythe Waterway’s Central Control District
- Use the Sluice Gate Key to activate the water level control device.
- Operate the control device according to the letter’s cipher. Turn off all switches first.
|Step 1 >>||Step 2 >>||Step 3 >>||Step 4 >>||Step 5|
|East (Number 11)||Southeast (Number 4)||East (Number 11)||Southwest (Number 3)||Southeast (Number 4)|
- Check the map to see the coordinates of the Fragments’ location. Locate them to loot the Dull Fragment.
Hunting the Grimy Fragment
- Talk to Ma’kleou in Nabreus Deadlands.
- Return to Rabanastre Lowtown and talk to Roh’kenmou at Old Dalan’s house.
- Talk to Ma’kleou in North Lowtown or Filo in the Southeast Lowtown
- Talk to the Curious Woman outside the plaza in Rabanastre central section.
- Look for the bangaa merchant at Muthru Bazaar and ask him about the necklace.
- Talk to the Sotted Imperial at the Magick Shop and pick the first dialogue option.
- Return to Filo south of Lowtown. Say “Let’s go.”
- Return to the Magick Shop to get more clues from the Sotted Imperial. Receive the Grimy Fragment.
Finding the Medallions
- Progress in the Main Story until you reach Archades.
- Converse with Roh’kenmu in the Magick Shop.
- Receive Moonsilver Medallion from Otto in the Alley of Muted Sighs in Old Archades.
- Return to the Magick shop and deliver the Moonsilver Medallion to Roh’kenmu.
- With the two medals ready, return to Ma’kleou in Nabreus Deadlands
- Receive the three medallions: Medallion of Love, Medallion of Bravery, and Lustreless Medallion in Nabreus Deadlands.
- Use the Medallion of Love to unlock the entrance to the boss. Battle against Fury in the back room of the Cloister of Reason.
- Insert the Medallion of Bravery to pass through the Cloister of Solace. Duel against Humbaba Mistant.
- Once you defeat the two bosses, the Lustreless Medallion transforms into the Medallion of Might, the key to entering The Crucible.
- You will be facing the Esper Chaos.
Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age / FFXII Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Recommended Articles|
|Storyline Boss Guides||Sidequest Boss Guides||Esper Boss Guides|
|Job Class System||Gambit System||License Board System|
|Mob Hunts||Unchangeable Elements||Leveling Guide|
I can’t find the dull fragment. I’ve opened the gates correctly but can’t find it. Which map are you referring to on step 9?