Table of Contents
|How to Unlock||Missable Conditions|
|Obtain the Dawn Shard, complete Dalmasca “Desert Bloom” Hunt, and complete “Flowering Cactoid” Hunt, and Nidhogg Hunts||None|
- Speak to Dantro outside the outpost.
- Give Dantro’s wife the Cactuar Bloom Flower. She’s at the South Bank Village.
- While running this quest, you can also do the Cactuar Family Quest.
- She’ll reward you with 1000 Needles after receiving the flower.
- Leave the village and return to talk to Dantro’s wife. She’ll ask you to find some Semclam Shells.
- While you only need one, there are five. The more you give, the better the reward.
- Two are in South Bank Village.
- Three in the Banks of the Nebra.
- After receiving the Semclam Shells, she’ll ask for some Nebralim Vials.
- Head back to the outpost and speak to Dantro.
- Dantro will inform you that the vials are among the boxes.
- Check around the boxes. While you only need one, it is best to get two for better rewards.
- Once you surrender the Nebralim Vials, Dantro will ask for Vableblossom Dew.
- Head to the flowering trees in the Broken Sands on the north bank. Again, only one is required.
- However, for better rewards, collect all three.
- After receiving the Vableblossom Dew, Dantro’s wife will ask for one Great Serpentskin.
- If you performed the Nidhogg hunt earlier, give the Great Serpentskin to the recovering traveler to receive the Barheim Key which you’ll need for one of the Espers: Zalera, the Death Seraph.
Depending on the amount of materials given, the rewards will vary.
|# of Items||Patient||Reward 1||Reward 2|
|3-7||Bangaa||Barheim Key||Balance Mote|
|8-12||Hume||Barheim Key||Magick Gloves|
|13||Moogle||Barheim Key||Golden Amulet|
Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age / FFXII Recommended Article List
|▼Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age Recommended Articles|
|Storyline Boss Guides||Sidequest Boss Guides||Esper Boss Guides|
|Job Class System||Gambit System||License Board System|
|Mob Hunts||Unchangeable Elements||Leveling Guide|
Slight and confusing error on the last part of your guide. To get the best reward which is Golden Amulet you only need to surrender 12 items in total. 1 cactus flower, 5 shells, 2 phials, 3 vale dews, and 1 great s.skin (1 + 5 + 2 + 3 + +1 = 12 items total). You should edit second best reward (Magic Gloves) to 8-11 items total. Thanks.
Do the Nidhogg hunt and have the Great Serpentskin in your inventory before turning in the Valeblossom Dew, or she won’t ask for it and the quest will end one item short. I hate this sidequest…
Small suggestion: before taking up this quest with goal of getting the Golden Amulet at the end of it, first check that you haven’t sold the Great Serpentskin.
It’s not like it’s a quest item, or anything, so why shouldn’t you have sold that Loot item that you would have presumed would be listed as a Key Item if you should really, really keep hold of it…
So i count 12 items, GA requires thirteen………………
How did you get 12? The Great Serpentskin is worth 3 rather than 1 so the total should be 13 if you give the maximum amount of each item the wife asks for.
Where does it say, in the quest description, that the Great Serpentskin counts as 3 items?
1 x Cactuar Bloom Flower
5 x Semclam Shells
2 x Nebralim Vials
3 x Vableblossom Dew
1 x Great Serpentskin
= 12 separate items
In fact, if it did count as 3, then the final total would actually be 14, so the final text should state that “13+” is what is needed to get the best result.